You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Freewing AL37 Airliner Livery Pictures!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straightshooter View Post
    Retro livery TWA. Coachella Valley RC Club. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200404_083426.jpg
Views:	2017
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	246702
    SS, that's just great livery choice. Very nice, brings a smile to my face. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

This is my version of the Southwest Airlines Livery. What a great flying plane! Terry

Comment

Straightshooter Wiggers58 Nice job, guys, thanks for sharing your refinishes with us! These look very sharp. I saw someone on Instagram post a United scheme as well, although I'm unsure if he's a Squawk member. I think he is.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Wiggers,

Is that all paint on your SWA 737 or is the tail the Callie Graphics?

Rick

Comment

From the Netherlands the KLM PH-BCA. Click image for larger version

Name:	51EC3D72-17D5-4A94-A5D1-E8BDF706782F.jpeg
Views:	1667
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	253608

Comment

Teun Welcome! Is the blue fuselage painted, or covered in vinyl? It's so smooth, I can't tell from the picture!
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hello, it is all paint. The decals are from Callie. I got the paint colors from our maintenance centre at KLM. For those of you wondering about the color of the wings. They are always “Boeing gray”. It is not a paint option from the factory. I build it this winter and had it’s first flight yesterday. Fly’s just like the real one 😉.

Comment

What are the low/high rates. the manual only shows one rate for elev and ail. I'm assuming that's the high rate setting.

Comment

Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                    What are the low/high rates. the manual only shows one rate for elev and ail. I'm assuming that's the high rate setting.
                    I saw that and decided to start with those rates as the "middle" rate since my TX can accommodate 3 rates for each. I arbitrarily assigned a lower rate and one for a higher rate. For me, as it turns out, Elevator was much too sensitive on my low rate, so I've dialed everything down even more. The numbers in the manual for elevator became my absolute high rate and then 2 more even lower. Aileron, I've left the numbers shown as my high rate and I've assigned 2 other lower rates. Rudder, I used the book numbers for high and low and I assigned a middle rate in between those. Expo, I chose what works for me on each rate.
                    Over the years, I have discovered that whatever manuals state for numbers (rates, expo, CG) are but recommendations only. I take it all with a grain of salt and go with those to start and adjust to suit my tastes. I don't take any of it as gospel.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0337.JPG
Views:	1507
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	254057

Here's mine.

Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Here is my American Airlines livery. I did a bad job at applying the decals, but it still looks nice.

Name:	60A2D61B-4188-4B59-BE09-160FF4F77872.jpeg
Views:	1342
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	259852

Comment

Frozen Theme.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Conversion to a Max 10. Increased the fuselage length both fore and aft of the wings.The sun's angle shows my poor joint filling to good effect! 3D printed the cockpit crew. Ended up replacing the left seater with an FPV camera. Had to keep Otto in there. She flew just fine as a stretched version. Sadly, a failed battery connector caused a complete loss of control and the fuselage was destroyed. (Otto survived.) Replacement parts have been acquired but I'll just do either a Max 8 version or backdate it to a 738. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2912.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	262963

Name:	IMG-2986.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	262962

Comment

Comment

Another using Callie's Alaska Airlines graphics ... Michael Troy's AL37 ... the first I have seen fly here in our area

Comment

That's the scheme I will be doing when I get one. Beautiful shots as always!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Here's my Hawaiian Airlines scheme.

Name:	MRC Hawaiian Air.jpg
Views:	1202
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	265468

Comment

Did you hand paint the fuselage? Or is that Callie's work?

Comment

• Didn't paint the fuselage. it's the stock white paint. I coated the fuse with WBPU to seal it and prevent lifting of the paint when applying the decals. And I did use the soapy water trick to help with positioning the decals. . Decals are from Callie. The decals on the fuselage were a major pain to put on. The back section and the lei had to be put on in sections. It was impossible to get it on in one piece without major wrinkles.

Comment

Working...
                                          X