You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Freewing AL37 Airliner Livery Pictures!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what is left after maiden. Damn! This hurts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd-Lanuzzi View Post
      This is what is left after maiden. Damn! This hurts.
      Ouch! What happened?

Bob

Comment

• Bank angle and Dutch roll. while losing visual.

Comment

Bank angle and Dutch roll. while losing visual.
          TL, Sorry to read about the 'accident'. Good to know you got a handle on the cause. Is she rebuildable? I hope so. Hang in there and let us know what you will do. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Comment

• SF, I like it. Simple and bright graphics. Great livery choice and execution. Well done, Sir. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looks like I might buy another one, and invest in a gyro, or AS3X. Also, livery with red and yellows. 😀

Comment

Bank angle and Dutch roll. while losing visual.
                  Originally posted by Todd-Lanuzzi View Post
                  Looks like I might buy another one, and invest in a gyro, or AS3X. Also, livery with red and yellows. 😀
                  A gyro or an AS3X receiver won't prevent what happened. You need something like "SAFE", where bank angles are limited and if you get into trouble, you let go of the sticks and the plane rights itself and flies straight and level. But then, if it was that far away that you lost sight of it, even SAFE won't help you. In such cases, you are best to install something like a "Return to Home" device (eg. Bigaole). This will bring the plane back to you so you can make visual contact again and take over the controls. When you lose it, you flip the switch, set the throttle and wait for it to come back to you and circle overhead.
                  Depending on how far the plane was, painting it red and yellow won't help either. Even bright colors fade to grey when the plane is beyond about 400 feet.

Comment

• SAS New livery Click image for larger version

Name:	20200521_095936.jpg
Views:	1220
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	270582

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post

A gyro or an AS3X receiver won't prevent what happened. You need something like "SAFE", where bank angles are limited and if you get into trouble, you let go of the sticks and the plane rights itself and flies straight and level. But then, if it was that far away that you lost sight of it, even SAFE won't help you. In such cases, you are best to install something like a "Return to Home" device (eg. Bigaole). This will bring the plane back to you so you can make visual contact again and take over the controls. When you lose it, you flip the switch, set the throttle and wait for it to come back to you and circle overhead.
                      Depending on how far the plane was, painting it red and yellow won't help either. Even bright colors fade to grey when the plane is beyond about 400 feet.
                      Easier said than done. He might as well go back to trainers and do more flying in that case That is a crying shame to have that happen on the test flight I feel for you Sir OUCH is an under statement.

Comment

• Comment

• JB, WOW...Gorgeous Livery. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Finished mine up this morning, hope to maiden on Tuesday.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• WN, Outstanding and looking quite Presidential. Had I done one or if I do, your livery choice would be one I'd consider. Great work. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here is my AA "737-800" silver bird. This is a rebuild from my United Max 10 crash.I have an FPV camera in the cockpit as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_62523.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	278937Click image for larger version

Name:	image_62524.jpg
Views:	920
Size:	312.2 KB
ID:	278938Click image for larger version

Name:	image_62522.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	407.6 KB
ID:	278939

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                  Here is my AA "737-800" silver bird. This is a rebuild from my United Max 10 crash.I have an FPV camera in the cockpit as well.
                                  vduniec, Wow, she is a classic beauty. Bravo Zulu, again, Sir. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thai Airways Royal Barge Click image for larger version

Name:	20201011_101016.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	280398

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightshooter View Post
                                      Thai Airways Royal Barge
                                      SS, Great livery! Love it all. Bravo Zulu, SIr. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Just picked up a AL37. My question is how do y’all get decals for it that make it look more scale or is it free handed with paint? Thank you in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Javiersteele13 View Post
                                          Just picked up a AL37. My question is how do y’all get decals for it that make it look more scale or is it free handed with paint? Thank you in advance
                                          Many people get their custom made decals from Callie Graphics. On her site, you can find the AL-37 and all decals for the plane is to proper scale. If you want something she hasn't done already, send her a picture of it and she can do it to scale.

Comment

Working...
                                          X