Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed yesterday that the price on several of the larger Black Horse planes took a jump. I know that Motion RC doesn't do this on a whim. There are usually cost jumps that they've had to take on the either get or ship the product.

Comment

I thought it went up, but honestly wasn't sure if I just had the wrong price in my head.

Comment

Finally, I now have four flights on this jet. Fantastic performance with the X45, almost 1/1 power/weight ratio, so great vertical as well. Because of the big wing, it takes off in 30 metres and lands super slow, so that is good for a jet. I have a old turbine jet pump, so am in the process of making my own smoke system using a old brushed motor ESC, so yet another learning experience! IMO, the perfect engine for this jet would be the new X90, as physically, the jet is not much smaller than a Skymaster 2 metre Viper. I also fitted a gyro which smooths it out nicely and the Unilight system is incredibly bright, even in bright sunlight.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie1 View Post
          Finally, I now have four flights on this jet. Fantastic performance with the X45, almost 1/1 power/weight ratio, so great vertical as well. Because of the big wing, it takes off in 30 metres and lands super slow, so that is good for a jet. I have a old turbine jet pump, so am in the process of making my own smoke system using a old brushed motor ESC, so yet another learning experience! IMO, the perfect engine for this jet would be the new X90, as physically, the jet is not much smaller than a Skymaster 2 metre Viper. I also fitted a gyro which smooths it out nicely and the Unilight system is incredibly bright, even in bright sunlight.
          Looks Great!!!!!!! Glad your liking it. I might still do the Blackhorse L-39 in the future, but for now i'm holding off.

Will we get to see a video of this gorgeous jet?

Comment

What a silly rule that is!! It must have been written before micro turbines were common. We had a similar rule here in Australia that said that all turbines were subject to a heavy model inspection, even though some of mine weight 3kgs. Now, it is just a one off turbine inspection. I reckon that with the X90 and heavier batteries for the inspection, you will easily make the 12lbs dry.
            Attached Files
            HI AUSSIE I am looking to convert one of these using my xicoy X45 what size fuel tank did you manage to fit into it and how long a flight are you getting

Comment

Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

Looks Great!!!!!!! Glad your liking it. I might still do the Blackhorse L-39 in the future, but for now i'm holding off.

Will we get to see a video of this gorgeous jet?
              Here is a video of my jet, not very good, but all that I had on the day. I'm using a one litre juice bottle with a felt clunk, no header, and it works perfectly.
              This jet is very light construction using all balsa and ply. Designed for a 90mm EDF, it is a perfect choice for a 45 size turbine, in this case, a trusty Xi...

Comment

Hello All,
                This is Valery, Sergio's wife and I just purchased the Black Horse L-39 Albatros 90mm EDF for his birthday and I have been looking for the tricycle retracts system with breaks and can't find them anywhere? Wouldn't Motion RC carry them as they sell the jet? Any suggestions as to where to get them as everywhere that I have looked is sold out or out of stock?
                Also, would your 8S 90mm EDF motor and ESC power this jet sufficiently? Any and all suggestions are welcome! I want to get as much as I can for the jet so he can build it ASAP! His birthday is 07/04 and I would love for him to have everything in hand so he could fly it by then? PLEASE HELP!!! :)
                Thank you so much in advance!
                Valery Blanco

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalSurge View Post
                  Hello All,
                  This is Valery, Sergio's wife and I just purchased the Black Horse L-39 Albatros 90mm EDF for his birthday and I have been looking for the tricycle retracts system with breaks and can't find them anywhere? Wouldn't Motion RC carry them as they sell the jet? Any suggestions as to where to get them as everywhere that I have looked is sold out or out of stock?
                  Also, would your 8S 90mm EDF motor and ESC power this jet sufficiently? Any and all suggestions are welcome! I want to get as much as I can for the jet so he can build it ASAP! His birthday is 07/04 and I would love for him to have everything in hand so he could fly it by then? PLEASE HELP!!! :)
                  Thank you so much in advance!
                  Valery Blanco
                  Here is the gold standard retracts for this jet, but the E-Flite 60-90 size retract set will fit the legs that come in the kit. This is what I am using on mine, and I have a turbine in it as well. https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/strut...ontroller.html

Comment

Anyone know a shop that currently has it in stock?

Comment

Originally posted by gr8pics View Post
                      Anyone know a shop that currently has it in stock?
                      Wingspan: 1,450 mm  (57.09 in).Length: 1,860 mm (73.23 in).     Flying weight: 4.6-4.9 kg (10.12-10.78 lbs).Wing area: 43dm2.Wing loading: 113g/dm2.Wing type: Naca airfoils.Covering type: Genuine ORACOVER®.Gear type: Electric retract g

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie1 View Post
                        Thank you, im looking for the blue one.

Comment

Anybody else other than rsunleaded notice the push pull tube routing is way off from the factory? Did everyone else do the same thing and use nylon inner tube and curl it 180 degrees back towards the landing gear? If anybody has pictures that would be very helpful

I’m using JP Hobby ER-120 retracts with brakes but I’ll take pics of whatever anybody else may be using. Thanks!!!

Comment

dsmithwc04 / Aussie1 Could you please post some pictures of your installation of the JP Hobby ER-120? I'm afraid that the front wheel will be visible from the side, in retracted position. Do you think the 100° mechanic would fit into the nose?

Cheers
                            Frank

Comment

does it come with a lights?

Comment

Working...
                              X