Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a ways to go yet, but the damage from packaging is fixed, fan and motor is in and clear Polycryllic has begun. I did get it powered up, but no control surfaces are programmed yet. Couldn’t get the gear down yet either.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
      Got a ways to go yet, but the damage from packaging is fixed, fan and motor is in and clear Polycryllic has begun. I did get it powered up, but no control surfaces are programmed yet. Couldn’t get the gear down yet either.
      Flex Innovations plane gear has to be cycled at least once for them to work properly. IE, after you plug the battery in and after it initializes, flip the gear switch once or twice, with a couple of seconds between flips.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        Flex Innovations plane gear has to be cycled at least once for them to work properly. IE, after you plug the battery in and after it initializes, flip the gear switch once or twice, with a couple of seconds between flips.
        Yeah I caught that in the reviews and instructions but haven’t got it to activate as yet. I’ll probably swap out the sequencer too…

Comment

Yeah I caught that in the reviews and instructions but haven’t got it to activate as yet. I’ll probably swap out the sequencer too…
          I see. Something could be "busted" then.

Comment

• I think this model left the factory after a major holiday…but I think I have it better than what it should have been when it left. I may have to find some better wheels and tires - not so round or smooth in rotation. Gear swings checked out good after removing the Aura and all of the control surfaces were proper and smooth, except for one flap servo which was definitely defective. I also discovered they HAVE a reverse servo, but installed a regular servo for the steering nose wheel, so ordered that also as I didn’t have an extra channel for that ( Spektrum AR 8360). She now rests on her own gear for the first time and programmed for basic flight, but no expo or dual rates and AS3X. That’s next and then a short rest on the CG stand before the ride to the field.
            3rd coat of Polycryllic made a nice finish.
            Attached Files

Comment

Gear swings checked out good after removing the Aura

I also discovered they HAVE a reverse servo, but installed a regular servo for the steering nose wheel, so ordered that also as I didn’t have an extra channel for that ( Spektrum AR 8360).
              Are you saying that the Aura prevented the retracts from working? That's really odd if that's the case.

I generally use a servo reverser in such a circumstance.

You used up all 8 channels for this plane? Without the Aura, you should have unused channels. Unless you've got something like on my F-100 - HobbyEagle gyro and reverse thrust.

Comment

• I have it with separate elevator (L & R) and separate flaps as the servos need reverse.

Comment

I have it with separate elevator (L & R) and separate flaps as the servos need reverse.
                  Correction: no Y connectors at all. Spektrum 10 channel with AS3X should allow programming of flaperons, etc. I don’t plan to use reverse thrust features because I fly at fields with some long runways.

The home destruction crews have mostly finished their end but now I have flooring and extensive cleaning / dust removal to get done before any hobby fun can happen.

Comment

• Finally! Still took some strong minds to get the Spektrum SAFE and AS3X working properly and then to turn off completely for this maiden flight. I flew it 30 minutes later and it’s still free of blemishes and read for the next flying day.

Comment

• Progress report:
                      Flights 3 and 4 yesterday, tested flaps at altitude and it went into a climb at both settings, requiring significant down elevator so starting some tweaking of the elevator. Also tried AS3X mode and SAFE mode, both in low rates. Both of those perform acceptable. Flights 5 & 6 today showed some rolling during flap extensions, made a visual adjustment as there was a visible differential matching the roll characteristics in flight. And that’s when a 4th servo has sent up a ‘red flag with stuttering when slight resistance was applied. Therefore, the next time we go up, it will have all new Hitec servos. I’ve been through 3 replacements Potenza servos just getting it set up. I’ll let you know if I find any issues with the refit on those.
                      I do love the way it flies, and getting comfortable with the airframe without flaps has been informative and educational. Each flight had a go around - both were on an approach and after a bounce. More like an unplanned ‘touch and go’. The 5000 6S Liperior give the 3 minute flight plus the go-around with ~35_40% remaining. Some gentle aerobatics with great vertical and plenty fast at 3/4 throttle.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3077.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.2 KB ID:	375766

Comment

• About a dozen flights on it now, still doing most landings without flaps while I get used to flying on the backside of the power curve. All Hitec servos, just didn’t like the Potenza set up at all. Very inconsistent and noticeably sloppy in flight. I have a cheater from the T-33 which looks like it will fit nice, so I think I will add that mod. I’m flying a full 3 minutes at around 1/2 throttle and just patterns and turns with some slow flight with gear and flaps out. Still have enough for a go around and wind up around 30-%ish on those, otherwise about 46%. 6S 5200 mah, 120c.

Comment

• F22 - Curious what Hitec servos you used and how they work out. Finally got fed up with Aura issues at Jet Jam, and tore it out this week. Using servo reversers on stock Potenza servos. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckeyeDoug View Post
                            F22 - Curious what Hitec servos you used and how they work out. Finally got fed up with Aura issues at Jet Jam, and tore it out this week. Using servo reversers on stock Potenza servos. Thanks in advance.
                            Off the top of my head, I think it was the 5077 or something close (5570?) I remember the torque was 30% higher than the Potenza.

Comment

• Anyone replace the nose gear? Bent mine ( pin) with a rough landing, straightened out but should replace. The struts are back order and out of stock. (Don’t see just the pins like Motion has) Would like some better wheels (rubber?) instead of foam. She’s back on the building table after a pair of mishaps involving a mid-air (survived and landed fine) and late correction on takeoff and a fence…%#$@!, after the repairs.

Comment

• And, back in action!

Comment

• Dang i just seen this, i ended up using a freewing pin in mine the flex pins seem way too soft for the design and bend too easy. I cant remember what one i used though but it holds up so much better than the stock one would even dream to hold up to. Grass kills them no matter how easy you are on landing, even their demonstrator model had the nose wheel pushed back sllightly at the icehouse fly in. And that was the guy who designed it, who has his picture on the box and product page.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                    X