• FMS 80MM Dassault Rafale

Looks like fms coming out with a new 80mm Rafale

https://youtu.be/qpHvha4RoCY
    Attached Files

Some flight video.

Comment

Now that is nice! Shame it's FMS 😁

Comment

Well looks like a choice for those that wanted an 80mm Rafael. Just wonder if HH will mess with schemes or leave the tiger scheme. Also, I hope they got that nose gear fixed so it does not collaspe easily on grass runways.

Comment

It is definitely nice to see a Rafale in the mix, and appears to have been done nicely.

However, I'd like to see a Freewing 80-90mm Saab Jas 39C Gripen (particularly in the 2017 Tiger Meet livery) even more.

Comment

Originally posted by The43rdHammer View Post
            Hope Freewing releases whatever they're working on before this one makes it to CONUS. I like choices, but all else equal, would prefer Freewing and MRC's spares practices.

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
              ... I'd like to see a Freewing 80-90mm Saab Jas 39C Gripen...
              A fellow Gripenite 🤣 ... couldn't agree more.

I'm taking the view that if I pester Alpha enough he'll do one just to shut me up.

Incidentally, the JAS-39 Gripen has a kill-death ratio at NATO Red Flag that's only marginally worse than the F-22 Raptor and by far better than any other aircraft.

The RAF should have bought the Gripen not the Typhoon.

Andy

Comment

A fellow Gripenite 🤣 ... couldn't agree more.

I'm taking the view that if I pester Alpha enough he'll do one just to shut me up.

Incidentally, the JAS-39 Gripen has a kill-death ratio at NATO Red Flag that's only marginally worse than the F-22 Raptor and by far better than any other aircraft.

The RAF should have bought the Gripen not the Typhoon.

Andy
                LOL. Yeah, the Gripen is a great looking jet. I also love the single exhaust outlet compared to the dual of the Eurofighter and Rafale. That will aid in less thrust loss compared to a single EDF with bifurb. design. If someone wants to add a centerburner style fixture, it will be visually easier to see and usually a more noticeable effect. Lastly, having no exterior refueling probe looks significantly cleaner on the Gripen, and less for people to accidently snap off when transporting the plane, etc.

Comment

True
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

It could also be released in N. America as an Eflite. Look at the Eflite SU-30 vs the FMS SU-27. Some say the FMS version is the better product. I prefer the Eflite for the AS3X. Unfortunately, neither will sell it as an ARF.
                    Anyone wanna take a guess as to what the size comparison is of this Rafale to say, a FW Eurofighter? 80mm vs 90mm - a bit smaller maybe?

Comment

I think the Gripen is the best looking of the bunch and what TCAT mentioned are already big plus' in it's favor.

The only thing negative about the Gripen (vs. other deltas) that I can see is the wingtip missile rails. Those seem easy to snag on something.

Comment

....and the Gripen's intakes sit a tad higher on the fuselage when compared to the Rafale, and certainly higher than the Eurofighter. This could be beneficial for the grass flyers due to FOD ingestion reduction . It is well-known many RC pilots don't have paved runways to use (although pavement isn't FOD eliminating either, ha-ha).

Sounds like an awful lot of positive attributes to make a model out of.

Comment

I'm sure FW could design break-away missile rails...maybe employ some magnets for those of use clumsy enough to snag one or catch one on landing so the plane doesn't cartwheel.

Comment

Rafale and Gripen 1-2 on my non-US fighter wish list...I'll take them both

Comment

So FMS pulls it off to be the first one with a Rafale, why that livery though, no thanks, why not just go with the gray, I will wait for the Freewing one.

Comment

Originally posted by yf22raptor View Post
                                Looks like fms coming out with a new 80mm Rafale

https://youtu.be/qpHvha4RoCY
                                I wouldn't buy a plane from FMS or HH if it was the last ship on planet earth

No parts shoddy service and cheap electronics imof I gave my Eflite jumbo p51 away today at the field

Comment

Yeah no parts cheap electronics and bad servos airframes nice though I'll pass

Comment

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
                                    Well looks like a choice for those that wanted an 80mm Rafael. Just wonder if HH will mess with schemes or leave the tiger scheme. Also, I hope they got that nose gear fixed so it does not collaspe easily on grass runways.
                                    You mean the cheap nose gear that's never in stock ?

Asking for a friend

Comment

I'm stoked the canard jets are getting some love again! At least something got love in 2020.

This flashy yellow color scheme is growing on me...

Comment

Someone sent me this today. It’s new to me.

Comment

Working...
                                        X