• Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 64mm EDF A-10 Thunderbolt II V2 Twin Jet Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	400277

A-10 Thunderbolt II V2 Twin 64mm High Performance EDF Jet - PNP from Freewing - FJ10621P

Based on the famous close air support A-10 Thunderbolt II, also known as the "Warthog" or "Tank Killer" this is the updated version of the Freewing twin 64mm A-10. Featuring a European theatre camouflage, full-house functionality including flaps and retracts, and updated power systems, this is sure to be a stunner. Typical to Freewing quality, this plane looks amazing and flies rock-steady and fast. The twin 12-blade EDFs produce an amazingly realistic jet engine sound, while giving it plenty of power for high speed maneuvers, and the wing planform allows stable flight at slow speeds.
    Full Functionality Including Flaps

The Freewing 64mm A-10 V2 now includes fully functioning flaps for additional scale detail while helping promote slower landings and takeoffs.
    European Theatre Camouflage Livery

Adding to the uniqueness and scale appeal, the A-10 comes with a decisive military green European Theatre camouflage.
    Twin 12 Blade 64mm EDFs

The twin 12-blade EDFs produce an amazingly realistic jet engine sound, while giving it plenty of power for high speed maneuvers.
    Ordnance Included

To further along the scale appeal, a full set of ordnance is included right out of the box.
    Electronic Retracts With Simulated Scale Struts

The electronic retracts include wire struts that are covered with plastic detailing to simulate a closer-to-scale look and feel.
    Updated Pilot for Improved Scale Appearance

A truer-to-scale sized pilot was added to the V2 A-10 to complete an impressive overall scale profile both for static display and in the air.
    Features:
    • NEW! European theatre camouflage livery
    • NEW! Full functioning flaps are pre-installed for quick take-offs and slow, scale landings
    • NEW! Utilizes 2840-2850Kv Brushless Outrunner Motors
    • NEW! Utilizes 40A ESC’s with reverse thrust
    • NEW! New pilot figure that is more correctly sized to scale
    • NEW! EDF units are now screwed in place
    • NEW! Wing is now better secured with additional screws
    • Officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
    • Ultra-scale design including US Air Force graphics, hand-painted pilot, detailed cockpit, machine guns, bombs and drop tanks
    • Twin 12-blade 64mm Electric Ducted Fans (EDFs) provide great power and realistic sound
    • Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
    Includes:
    • Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II V2 Twin 64mm High Performance EDF Jet - PNP
    • Motors, ESCs, retracts, flaps and servos all pre-installed
    • Owner's manual
    Requires:Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :Intermediate
    BUILD TIME :1-2 Hours
    Wingspan 1100mm / 43.3in
    Length 1000mm / 39.4in
    Flying Weight 1390g / 49oz
    CG 45-50mm aft of the leading edge of the wing at the root
    Power System 2x 2840-2850Kv Brushless Outrunner Motors
    Speed Control 2x 40A Brushless ESCs with Thrust Reversing
    Propeller / EDF Twin 12-blade 64mm EDFs
    Servos
    • 9g plastic standard with 300mm lead : left flap, elevator, rudder - MD31091-300
    • 9g plastic standard with 300mm lead : nose landing gear steering - MD31091-200
    • 9g plastic standard with 400mm lead : left aileron, right aileron - MD31091-400
    • 9g plastic reverse with 300mm lead : right flap - MD31091R-300
    Landing Gear Retracts with plastic, over molded wire struts
    Required Battery 4S 14.8V 3300-4000mAh LiPo with XT-60 Connector
    Required Radio 6-7 Channel radio (7 channels for reverse thrust)
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Ailerons Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1-2 Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoor
    Attached Files
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

PNP Version (US):

A-10 Thunderbolt II V2 Twin 64mm High Performance EDF Jet - PNP from Freewing - FJ10621P Based on the famous close air support A-10 Thunderbolt II, also known as the "Warthog" or "Tank Killer" this is the updated version of the Freewing twin 64mm A-10. Featuring a European theatre camouflage, full-house functionality i
    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Crickets? Ah come on! This looks like a fun one!

I dig the upgrades...Love the Euro camo, flaps added, reverse thrust...Easy to transport size. Will love taking this one to the beach.
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I really like the A-10's I have 4 now, counting this one. I received this one yesterday at 2:30 pm unboxed went over the inst. manual and started working on it. Finished assembly, and did some changes with the wire extension routing. Instead of running the three Y harnesses from the back to the front on top of the battery tray and along side the the battery. I rerouted the Y harnesses underneath the battery tray. This makes battery accessibility much easier. I also had to add a 3" extension to the Elevator connector for easier receiver placement (installed elevator extension to short) The battery strap installed is too short for any of the recommended 4s batteries. I do like the thrust reverse setup already programmed just plug in the thrust reverse connector into channel 7 set it to your desired switch to operate it

Comment

Nice! Post a video of your maiden if you can. I am going to ask if management can look into seeing if Freewing/FlightLine can start offering larger battery straps. Mine broke on the FlightLine B-25 maiden...I was simply trying to get it tight and it barely fit the 6S battery and snapped clean off. Good luck with your maiden!
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
            Nice! Post a video of your maiden if you can. I am going to ask if management can look into seeing if Freewing/FlightLine can start offering larger battery straps. Mine broke on the FlightLine B-25 maiden...I was simply trying to get it tight and it barely fit the 6S battery and snapped clean off. Good luck with your maiden!
            Aros I have the B-25 and the A-6 E Intruder ready also I have photos but I need to find out how to convert HEIC to jpeg I will have to go over how to do that again seems like if you do not use it you loose it LOL!!!!

Name:	IMG_0790.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	400914 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	400913
            Last edited by Wild Man; Apr 9, 2024, 02:06 PM. Reason: had to change format on photo's From heir to jpeg

Comment

Looks intriguing but am a little put off by the landing gear. I understand using wire struts to keep the cost down, not that this is cheap for what you get, but why do these manufacturers insist in making the wheels out of granite? At least there could be some shock-absorbency with the wheels. Actually the optional wheel set on the little 64mm 3 channel Panther were very good, so I know Freewing can make them. I would rather have easily replaceable soft wheels that can last 80 - 100 landings, and throw in a replacement set with the model. Since I fly off a paved runway I
              would need to grease it every time or risk a bone-jarring bounce. Is there a better landing gear that is compatible or are the wheels at least easily replaceable instead of using those impossible c-clips?
              And...what is with the nose gear cover pulling down in flight when it catches the wind the wrong way? Looks ridiculous in the product video. Maybe possibly use a stronger spring?

Comment

Finally ready to go, with the suggested 4s 3600 where I have it in the photo balanced at 50mm from the leading Edge. Know for some decent weather and I can go test fly this one, can't wait to try the thrust reverse. I sure like this new feature for the EDF's to help slow them down after landing. The thrust reverse option on the prop jobs is awesome and much more effective in slowing and stopping the plane

Name:	E4A822C0-D0A8-4E6D-A2BB-0FEF65D33CE3.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	401569

Comment

Good luck with the maiden!
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Version 2 looks good. Would like to see some slow flight videos. A-10 is not a high speed aircraft. Most videos are full throttle passes. Would like to see slow flight maneuvers demonstrated.

Comment

Sat on the fence to long, they're sold out. More time to think about getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
                        Sat on the fence to long, they're sold out. More time to think about getting one.
                        Same boat.
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                        X