• Show
Clear All

• Official Black Horse 1635mm Mig-29 Turbine ARF Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	400477

Mig-29 Turbine 1635mm (64.4") Wingspan from Black Horse - Balsa Wood ARF - BHM1019-001

The MiG-29 was developed during the 1970s in the Soviet Union as a powerful air superiority fighter. Along with the Sukhoi Su-27, it was designed to compete with new American fighters such as the McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle and the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon. In 1983, it entered service with the Soviet Air Forces.

Turn and burn with this visually stunning Black Horse Mig-29 turbine jet. Eyes will surely lock onto the "Digital Camo" arctic blue livery displayed proud and loud both static and in the skies. Add your chosen turbine setup to this fantastic ARF which includes electric retracts with oleo struts and other scale details.
    High Quality ARF

Constructed from laser-cut balsa, plywood, carbon fiber, and other high quality materials, the Black Horse Mig-29 arrives with a high level of pre-assembly. Every surface is fully sheeted with balsa to provide maximum strength and a professional finish.
    Turbine-Ready

The model aircraft's fuselage and internal compartments were carefully designed to accommodate your provided turbine, fuel tank, ECU, and other electronics. A steel exhaust pipe is also provided, along with mounting points for modern turbines.
    Includes Electric Retracts and Suspension Struts

CNC machined aluminum and steel suspension struts feature a robust 5mm diameter axle, 65mm nose wheel, and 75mm main wheels for operating on both paved and grass RC runways. This axle size is readily compatible with modern electric-based and air-based braking systems.
    High Visibility Livery

Fly a real showstopper with the Mig-29's deliriously cool "Digital Camo" livery. The arctic shades of blue enhances the aircraft's visibility in the sky.
    Molded Canopy and Cockpit

Peer into the detailed plastic cockpit bay through the molded clear plastic canopy. The plastic parts resist both heat and UV damage, retaining their color and sharpness through many flying seasons.
    High Performance Acrobatic Jet

An excitingly wide spectrum of aerobatic maneuvers awaits the expert pilot at every turn. There's nothing this jet can't perform if you have the desire and skillset.
    Features:
    • Stunning "Digital Camo" arctic blue livery
    • Fully sheeted with balsa
    • High level of prefabrication right out of the box
    • "Turbine-Ready" compartments aid in easy installation process
    • Steel dual wall exhaust pipe
    • Lightweight, strong, laser-cut balsa and plywood construction
    • High quality control hardware
    • Fiberglass and carbon fiber reinforced areas
    • All-Metal suspension struts
    • Wheels with 5mm axle diameter
    • Clear canopy and plastic cockpit bay
    • Straightforward assembly and installation for advanced turbine jet builders
    Includes:
    • Black Horse Mig-29 Turbine 1635mm (64.4") Wingspan - ARF
    • Electric retracts with oleo struts
    • Fuel tank
    • Fuel filler dot
    Requires:Customer Note
    Black Horse ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine). Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :18 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :Expert
    BUILD TIME :20+ Hours
    Model Scale 9:6 Scale
    Wingspan 1635mm / 64.4in
    Length 2260mm / 89.0in
    Weight 12247g / 27lbs
    CG (Center of Gravity) 207mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root
    Power System 120N Turbine (required)
    Electronic Speed Control Electronic Control Unit (ECU) (required)
    Propeller / EDF N/A
    Servos 7x 45g HV standard (required) - we recommend 7x HRC6005-033
    Landing Gear Electric retract with controller box (included)
    Required Battery Receiver battery: 2x 2S 7.4V 3200mAh LiPo battery or equivalent (required)
    1x ECU battery per your turbine manufacturer's recommendations
    Required Radio 10+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon Heavy Duty pin hinges
    Material Balsa and plywood
    Skill Level Expert
    Build Time 20+ Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Man, I wished I knew. I ordered mine from TurbinesRC in France. I enquired with MRC several times in January if you will carry this model and did not get an answer so I ordered it from Europe instead. Good you will have spare parts at least!

Comment

That is exciting!

Does it come with a bifurcated thrust tube with twin output? The spec didn't mention it and not many pictures. Has anyone build one of these yet?

Comment

Yes it does. It was included in my kit, Click image for larger version

Name:	20240413_123758.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	401306also has some massive landing gear.

Comment

Originally posted by AirBoss View Post
          Yes it does. It was included in my kit, also has some massive landing gear.
          Thanks! Please let us know your thoughts and more pictures if you get a chance. It went out of stock in less than 2 days..

Comment

[QUOTE=AirBoss;n401305]Yes it does. It was included in my kit, Click image for larger version

Name:	20240413_123758.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	401306also has some massive landing

Comment

I just received mine. Overall design details and quality are very impressive. Space frame structure made of plywood/carbon and skin made of covering/ balsa/ fabric. The first worry I see is the Y pipe, wonder how much energy lost…wasting no time, I mounted a SW-120. Measured less than 10 kg of thrust. ( 20% lost, maybe). Wish it offers the choice of straight pipe (but with sacrificing the scaled appearance). It was a quick check while the fuselage placed on a wheeled rack ( so no very accurate). The plane is big about the size of my CompARF Eurosport with 160 size turbine. I think it needs more thrust to fly well. but the wood structure as designed looks difficult to modify to put a larger turbines. May be a SW-140 would work. Do not agree with the elevator control horn locations. The instruction is very detailed however missing the info for the neutral angle of the elevator. If you assume following the shape of the fuselage the elevator is pointing up in relationship with the main wing. Need to figure this out before any attempt of flying this, I think.

Comment

I am planning to install SW140 in this model. Manual says 13kg of thrust at the engine so should be good. I am assuming they already accounted for thrust loss due to splitting the exhaust.

Comment

Just received my servos. Very fast, powerful, and almost no play. Have good experiences with GDW with many other planes. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...yAdapt=glo2usa

Comment

The aluminum shafts for the elevators not easily fit into the aluminum clamps ( also act as bearings). I can sand the shaft a little to make them fit, but aluminum to aluminum, can wear out fast and become loose. May be should use carbon rods as shaft, add more CA coating as the bearing.

Comment

Also found these brakes are not that powerful. Maybe need to run a separate brake control with 3 S battery

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff C View Post
                        Just received my servos. Very fast, powerful, and almost no play. Have good experiences with GDW with many other planes. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...yAdapt=glo2usa
                        I picked the same kind of servo but mine are the GDW DS390MG. Same size but these are 8Kg torque. Hope that will be enough, the manual says 8kg. What did you pick for elevators? I used Betu 45Kg servos.

Comment

Does anyone know why this plane disappeared from the MRC website? It's one think to show it out of stock but it's gone. Now we can't download the manual anymore etc...

Comment

my mig 29 is home

Comment

Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                              Does anyone know why this plane disappeared from the MRC website? It's one think to show it out of stock but it's gone. Now we can't download the manual anymore etc...
                              I just checked MRC website. It is there but shows out of stock: https://www.motionrc.com/products/bl...rf-bhm1019-001

Comment

Working...
                              X