• Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 90mm PLAAF J-10A EDF Jet Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	402337

PLAAF J-10A with 12-Blade Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ32121P

Version Note: This is the 8S version which comes with a 90mm 12-Blade EDF 8S Power System with a 4075-1350Kv inrunner brushless motor and a thrust reversing 120A ESC.

The J-10A is a medium-weight, single-engine multirole aircraft designed for air-to-air combat and other various strike missions. Produced by the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC), the J-10 is used in the People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) and became operational in 2006. Utilizing its delta-wing aerodynamic configuration with canards and fly-by-wire system, the J-10A is capable of turning in a much tighter radius than conventional aircraft.

The Freewing J-10A 90mm EDF Jet is a highly detailed, scale version of the real J-10A, and features the J-10 “Red Hawk” livery. One of the most detailed releases from Freewing, the J-10A features 11 daylight bright LED lights, including one to illuminate the Heads Up Display (HUD), many scale detail parts, as well as a quick-release ordnance package. Additionally, the Freewing J-10A utilizes screwless, quick-release wings making transport to and from your flying site a breeze.

Visit the Official Freewing 90mm PLAAF J-10A Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
    Super Scale Details Throughout

The Freewing J-10A is incredibly well appointed for an EPO model with several attention-to-detail scale pieces.
    Screwless, Quick-Release Wings

The Freewing J-10A comes with screwless, quick-release wings for fast and easy access for transport or storage.
    Illuminated HUD Panel

A hint of a new era in the super scale EPO foam class, the J-10A includes an illuminated HUD panel.
    Ordnance Included

The quick-release ordnance comes included right out of the box to finish off that super scale appeal.
    Functioning Canards

This J-10A comes with fully-functional canards enhancing the scale detail emulating the full scale version.
    Spring-Loaded Top Cheaters

Incorporating an innovative ammenity, Freewing has added spring-loaded top-side cheaters that only open and close based on air pressure differential.
    Retracts with CNC-Machined Shock-Absorbing Struts

Another primary scale appeal and feature of any detailed 90mm EDF jet, the J-10A comes with electric retracts including CNC-machined shock-absorbing struts.
    11 Daylight-Bright LED Lights

The 11 Daylight-Bright LED lights complete the package of scale detail and appeal in dawn, daylight and dusk hours.
    Features:
    • Screwless, quick release wings for fast and easy transport and storage
    • Illuminated Heads Up Display (HUD) adds a new level of super scale detail
    • 12 Blade factory-balanced 90mm EDF with 3668-1960Kv (6S) or 4075-1350Kv (8S) Inrunner Motor
    • 120A ESC with Thrust Reversing to help decrease landing roll out
    • Electronic, retractable landing gear with CNC-machined aluminum, shock absorbing struts
    • Spring-Loaded Top Cheaters
    • 11 Daylight bright LED lights
    • Scale details include antennas, pitot tube, cockpit detail, lighting and ordnance
    • Conveniently designed quick detach ordnance included right out of the box
    • Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
    • Removable, magnetic nose cone for convenient transport and replacement
    Includes:
    • Freewing PLAAF J-10A Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
    • 12-Blade EDF power system (installed)
    • 4075-1350Kv inrunner brushless motor (installed)
    • 120A ESC with thrust reversing and EC5 connector (installed)
    • Electronic retractable landing gear (installed)
    • Servos, LED Lights (installed)
    Requires:Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :18 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :Advanced
    BUILD TIME :3-4 Hours
    Model Scale 1/10
    Wingspan 940mm / 37.0in
    Length 1530mm /60.2in
    Empty Weight 3235g / 7lbs 2oz (w/o battery)
    CG (Center of Gravity) 163mm (6.4") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
    Power System 8S 4075-1350Kv Inrunner Brushless Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 120A thrust reversing, EC5 Connector
    Propeller / EDF 90mm 12-Blade EDF
    Servos
    Landing Gear Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts
    Required Battery 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo and 2 Cell 7.4V 5000 mAh LiPo batteries with EC5 connector in series
    - OR -
    Two 4 Cell 14.8V 5000 mAh LiPo batteries with EC5 connector
    Required Radio 5 Channel (6 for thrust reverse) (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Canard Yes
    Flaps No
    Lights Yes
    Hinge Type Nylon Reinforced
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate/Advanced
    Build Time 2 Hours
    Recommended Environment Outdoor, 150+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

8S (USA):

PLAAF J-10A with 12-Blade Ultra Performance 8S 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ32121P Version Note: This is the 8S version which comes with a 90mm 12-Blade EDF 8S Power System with a 4075-1350Kv inrunner brushless motor and a thrust reversing 120A ESC. The J-10A is a medium-weight, single-engine multirole aircraft

6S (USA):

PLAAF J-10A with 12-Blade High Performance 6S 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ32111P Version Note: This is the 6S version which comes with a 90mm 12-Blade EDF 6S Power System with a 3668-1960Kv inrunner brushless motor and a thrust reversing 120A ESC. The J-10A is a medium-weight, single-engine multirole aircraft

ARF PLUS (USA):

PLAAF J-10A 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - ARF PLUS - FJ32111AP Version Note: This is the ARF+ version for pilots who wish to install their own power system. All primary electronics including servos and landing gear retracts come pre-installed, just add your own power system (EDF, motor, and ESC) to begin flying. The J-1
    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Ooh… goody goody

Comment

Meh

not the model. Looks like the attention to detail is excellent and it looks good, but the subject just isn’t that interesting to me.

it sort of feels like a PRC directive to make something Chinese

If it had been a Chinese MiG 15, 17, or 19 something with history and character I’d be all over it. But this subject. Not so much

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
          Meh

not the model. Looks like the attention to detail is excellent and it looks good, but the subject just isn’t that interesting to me.
          At least it's not another F-16, A-10, or a P-51.

it sort of feels like a PRC directive to make something Chinese
          Freewing is a Chinese company and there is a huge domestic market. Funny you didn't say the same thing about any "American directive" every time when Freewing introduces a US jet.

If it had been a Chinese MiG 15, 17, or 19 something with history and character I’d be all over it. But this subject. Not so much
          J-10 was a big deal in China at the time of debut.

Comment

Personally it's not for me but I have no problem with diversity. US models are ubiquitous so I enjoy any foreign model just for the sake of diversity. There are some nice scale features here that hint to what's to come for future Freewing models. I look forward to them.
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I like the deltas and already have graphics on order. Going to paint it up as a Israeli Lavi

Comment

I got the 8S version and everything works, but for some reason the ESC will not arm. I will have to open it up and see what is happening. It does look amazing and I can't wait to fly mine.

Comment

Working...
                X