X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poochies View Post
    Uggh almost pulled the trigger on this one but noticed the non -full flying stabs... come on Freewing, why go cheap on us... same reason I passed on the Fishbed..too bad seems to fly great. And they added full stabs on the new 64mm F-18's ... they confuse me...
    I think its too small of a plane to do that. And it flies amazing!! I didn't post my videos from last weekend so here take a look... tell me if it needs full flying stabs after seeing this...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Thanks I have plenty of great flying planes, it's purely aesthetic reason for me to have the full flying stabs, if they can put it on the 64mm hornets it shouldn't be hard on this.... great flying btw !

Comment

• I too am surprised they didn't go flying stab on this plane. Have the 64 F/A-18 and it's a very simple design. The other thing I'm not crazy about are the small intakes. Not much air getting through to the fan. Constricted.
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• From what I can tell it would have hurt the CG on this plane. It would have required quite a bit more in the rear of the plane. Maybe we should just do it ourselves then eh?
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I just got the 70mm 4s version and i'm struggling to find COG for my battery. I am relatively new to the EDF scene and really wanna learn to do this the right way. I tried balancing the plane on 2 rods at the recommended 3 1/2" from start of wing and I just can't seem to make it work. Some have told me to do the balancing with plane upside down other's have said right side up. I'm using a 4s 3600 Admiral if it helps. Can someone please help me figure out how to get the right battery location before I take it up and get that oh crap feeling in the knee's :(. My 12yr old son is also really into the hobby and it's something we do together so I'm trying to learn everything I can here.

Comment

• I maidened my Arctic cammo yesterday. Inrunner FW 70mm with 100a FW ESC. She scoots to say the least. Good flying but a little twitchier than my bigger FW jets. Build went OK. I didn't realize when ordering the jet has foam hinges. Rather surprising for Freewing.....the included plastic hinges are funny. I'm sure I'll find a use for them on anything but any of my flying models. The nose gear is pretty pathetic. A slight bend back caused the retract to bind in the bay......not good. The fake triangle shock was binding on the wood servo mount. I shaved plastic away but wouldn't hesitate to just cut it off if it binds again. Luckily this was all caught on the ground and not during flight. I also painted the unpainted white foam......looks way better now. I like the heavier 90mm F-16 with in-runner better but overall the 70mm jet is a good flyer. Wish the 90mm came in Arctic cammo .... that would be something else.......

Edit: added photo .... A-10 painted sidewinders
              Attached Files

Comment

• One other thing I'd like to mention on the Arctic cammo version. The factory installed some of the decals that posed a problem. Specifically there was a 314 decal on the tail and nose of both sides from the factory. If you want to use the 18 aggressor decal set you have to remove all 4 of the 314's. I didn't even attempt it on fear of messing up the foam. So I have a hybrid with 18 aggressor on the tail with 314 markings ..... not a huge deal but the decals shouldn't have been placed at the factory.

Comment

• I also had an issue with the nose gear binding on the servo mount. I discovered it after my F-16 skidded down the runway on its nose. The previous landing must have bent the nose gear just slightly enough to cause the binding. I cut off the nose gear scissor link to prevent another occurrence. Then I upgraded the landing gear and cut pieces of Sorbothane and placed them between the airframe and landing gear. My landings are smooth as butter now.

Comment

• Nice idea on the spacer .... I will upgrade and do the same....thanks!

Comment

• I order my F16 v2 6s Camo with the weapon set and upgraded LG.
                      Usually my edf´s have flaps and this will be the first one without it...hopefully will not come too hot for the landing.
                      For the battery i have 3300 60c or 5500 45c (both Gens Ace)...i think the 5500 will be impossible to fit.
                      Cheers and safe flights

Comment

• A flaperon setup can help reduce the hot landing speed Raphael, especially when mixing in elevator. Then it's all about finding the right angle of attack on approach. Once you figure it out you should have beautiful scale landings ..... I use it on both the 70 and 90mm versions.

Comment

• Hi all,

I just ordered the 6s Pro version. I have lights and after burner and will poly coat it as well. Very excited.

Are you all using a gyro in this model? Also, for flaperon setup, what is the mix for the elevator in percent, and how did you setup the flaperon in degrees for takeoff and landing?

Thanks,
                          Mark

Comment

• I have been having a blast with mine! Here is a video showing how versatile the plane is and then a close call from this past weekend....

Comment

• Very nice recovery ....... Freewing horns ......uggggg

Comment

• Nice save!!!

Comment

• Got it back in the air last weekend! Here is some video...

Comment

• Can flaperons be setup using an A3-L Gyro? And if so, please tell me how.

Comment

• I just sprang for the Arctic Pro with upgraded gear and weapons. Also have an afterburner light set coming. Kinda getting bored with my Phase III F-15. I hope this is considered moving up. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
                                        I just sprang for the Arctic Pro with upgraded gear and weapons. Also have an afterburner light set coming. Kinda getting bored with my Phase III F-15. I hope this is considered moving up. :Cool:
                                        A step up for sure. A really nice bird all around:Cool:.

Comment

• Greetings everyone, I am a new member who has 6 of the Freewing EDFs, mostly 70 and 80mm, with one F104 90. I have been flying the white camo 70mm F-16s for several months, and couldn't agree more that they fly great, but they are not exactly fast. I just upgraded mine with the 70mm 12 blade 6S 2938-2085, red fan that is listed as an upgrade for the 70mm F-104, and WOW, what a difference. Flying on a 6s Admiral 4000 and this thing is at least 10-15 MPH faster than it was with the stock 70mm and getting a solid 3 1/2 minutes flight times WOT With plenty of reserve.

also just replaced the 70 in a pretty beat up F16 Camo fuselage with the 80mm out of a scrap F-5, with the hopes that it would be even faster. Had to carve out of a bunch of foam to get it in there, and I made sure to use the ESC from the F-5, but the motor must have taken one to many crashes as it was slower than the original F-16 70mm fan. Guess I'll try a new 80mm unit in it since it's already carved out to fit one. I'll let everyone know the results.

Comment

Working...
                                          X