• Show
Clear All

• Jim Henriksen
    replied
    oh, BTW, my email is tazman "at" mycci.net

Leave a comment:

• Jim Henriksen
    replied
    Has anyone measured the diameter of the FW 70mm F-16 stabilator rotating rod yet? I'm attempting to drill a hole into the fuselage body with an "AE" standard drill bit. Example... if the rod is 5.1mm then the "AE" bit should be 13/64 etc. Please advise?

Leave a comment:

• shortround91
    replied
    We’ll have 2 1/2 70mm F16’s first one was a big oops by me, as many others have commented on the front landing gear I’ve also had issues as well, I did fix my issue of housing cracking by making side plates that I epoxy to the retract along with a thin rubber pad that goes under the retract. Just finished up 11 flights today with only once the front retract not coming down big thing NO CRACKED RETRACT housings.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Now can we just get an updated next gen 90mm camo F-16 with a similar wing loading? Please??

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon @ Two Bros RC View Post
    The full flying stabilator is awesome on this jet. This video footage was from the old F-35 motor I had which was kinda unbalanced. I got around to making the necessary mods to fit a 70mm 1900kv FMS motor into it, and now it's powerful and quiet, and does even better backflips than it did here.

The newest Freewing F-16 70mm is insanely good. The only thing keeping it from a 10/10 score is the less than ideal landing gear. The full flying stabilators...

I'll have to get another vid up on it in the coming months. It is absurdly fun and inexpensive.
    Couldn't agree more...The FFS really makes a HUGE difference and it totally IS fun and inexpensive.

Leave a comment:

• Jon @ Two Bros RC
    replied
    The full flying stabilator is awesome on this jet. This video footage was from the old F-35 motor I had which was kinda unbalanced. I got around to making the necessary mods to fit a 70mm 1900kv FMS motor into it, and now it's powerful and quiet, and does even better backflips than it did here.

The newest Freewing F-16 70mm is insanely good. The only thing keeping it from a 10/10 score is the less than ideal landing gear. The full flying stabilators...

I'll have to get another vid up on it in the coming months. It is absurdly fun and inexpensive.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Maidened my V3 Camo HP yesterday at the ocean. Went absolutely superbly. Not one single click of trim was required. That was shocking! Low tide provides the perfect runway for any jet or warbird or any RC plane I can think of. Flew like the 86th flight, not the first. Landing was easy peasy. Floated in with just a touch of power. Flew it on Admiral 6S 4000's. Great flying jet for sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (4).jpg
Views:	155
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	396392

Leave a comment:

• shortround91
    replied
    Received my Camo C3 70mm F16 last week, ended up buying a itech X2 black edition, 2 admiral 4000’s, SMC 4400/3800 purple packs and 2 SMC 4400 green flight packs. New AR630 sorry I like Safe/Select on a switch removed the blue box then finally got programmed and bench trimmed today. Only gripe is I had to order connectors to fit the 6s batteries they should arrive tomorrow so hopefully if the wind calms I can maiden with a success. It’s still totally stick for now anyone else running Spektrum like to hear your rates. I have 3 programmed in for now FM1 aileron 100/10expo FM2 90/20 FM3 65/30 Elevator FM1 100/10 FM2 85/20 FM3 73/30 and Rudder FM1 100/10 FM2 85/20 FM3 70/35 figured take off maiden on FM3 switch to 2 see how I like rates probably fly a few then possibly swap to FM1 hope y’all can help

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    That’s why we’re here. Happy holidays!

Leave a comment:

• Doutrnz
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    We know them as wheel collars. If you look up wheel collars at places like Tower, HH or Motion you can find them. Not sure of the size you need.

Search – Motion RC
    Wheel collars… I don’t know why I didn’t think of that! I’ll measure the rod and find out how many millimeters I need for those collars. Thank you so much for replying, Evan, D!

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    We know them as wheel collars. If you look up wheel collars at places like Tower, HH or Motion you can find them. Not sure of the size you need.

Search – Motion RC

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    kallend, I believe these are rare but effective mystical devices.

Best example I can think of is when Tamms quit speaking to me b/c I dinged her car.

I went to her favorite store and bought a 'fixing' ring with magical precious stones.

I gave it to her and everything was fixed, mostly,

Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Doutrnz
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

I expect I am being obtuse here, but what is a "fixing ring"?
    On the full elevator stabilizer, there is a metal rod that goes into the fuselage, and is secured by two screws. On the other end of the stabilizer, there is a collar with a screw to tighten down that secures the stabilizer to that rod. In the manual, it’s referenced as a fixing ring. You’re not being obtuse, sometimes we just don’t know what things are called.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Me three. May be a translation thing?

Leave a comment:

• MikeT
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

I was wondering the same.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    kallend, I believe these are rare but effective mystical devices.

Best example I can think of is when Tamms quit speaking to me b/c I dinged her car.

I went to her favorite store and bought a 'fixing' ring with magical precious stones.

I gave it to her and everything was fixed, mostly,

Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by Doutrnz View Post
    I was looking for replacement fixing rings for the V3 70mm f-16 Camo but I cannot find them on their website. Does anyone know where I can find them or if there is another company that may sell the same size fixing rings?

Leave a comment:

• Doutrnz
    replied
    I was looking for replacement fixing rings for the V3 70mm f-16 Camo but I cannot find them on their website. Does anyone know where I can find them or if there is another company that may sell the same size fixing rings?

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Just ordered another one...Haven't had one in years. Moved out of state and my new club is a grass field that's not in the best of shape so anyone flying sans LG?

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    I have a couple of ISDT k2 air chargers that I like. I have a spektrum and another brand, but I've been happy with the ISDT. I don't like wheels or rollers for selectors, prefer buttons, maybe less likely to break. Though my spektrum chargers have wheels and they've been fine for a few years. But prefer the k2 air. Discharge, storage charge, AC/DC, etc.

Ive flown my F16s from tracked up dirt. I don't recommend flying from where I fly, it sucks. But the falcons have done fine so far. You don't have to land the F16 70mm fast. I use flaperons as well but have flown and landed them plenty without. Set it up with some exponential and useful rates and you'll be happy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X