Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TangoVector
    replied
    Here is a picture of my battery support for my 4000mah batteries. It is glued in the "roof" and I use different depron pieces to get a snug fit depending on the battery. Word of caution: Nothing but the shape of the depron-piece is stopping it from end up in the fan. Realised that just in time

Click image for larger version

Name:	F16battsupport.jpg
Views:	976
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	278778

Leave a comment:

• paulrkytek
    replied

Name:	IMG_20200823_164552[1].jpg
Views:	1045
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	270298Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200823_164530[1].jpg
Views:	978
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	270299Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200823_164358[1].jpg
Views:	1011
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	270300
    Timing normally works on low setting, try going back to low, then calibrate the throttle lever/esc again.. I had fun after trashing the fuselage due to brain failure and some blue box channels did not work so I scrapped the blue box and just used Y leads, retracts etc now work fine. fan works fine
    ( FMS70mm 6s 12 blade pro) I fly off grass and put in a flap /aileron mix, 1/4 inch take off, 1/2 inch landing. I took the opportunity for a bit of a repaint at the same time as per photos attached

Leave a comment:

• dsmithwc04
    replied
    Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
    Hey all. I am having a bad day with my f16. I got this baby up in the air back in January and only put on a dozen flights. It was put in hanger and a few others saw the bulk of the summer flying. I took the f16 out today for a few flights and right away had an issue on take off. She really struggled to get off ground. It flew like we were dragging a 20lb blowing ball behind it. Even my buddy said oh boy that’s not good. I managed to get her down but the nose gear didn’t deploy. So after charging up and running through esc I set timing to high and tried again. No difference. She is a pig now. About to throw this f16 in trash. Any suggestions? Like I said it flew great at first but now she is a dog. Won’t pull any verticals, speed is drastically reduced.

This is an old post but I had the same problem with my HP V2 F16. Ended up buying a new ARF and swapping electronics and now flies great. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• RCPilotguy
    replied
    Yeah that was the maiden flight. I tend to come in a little hotter on those....Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    RCPilotguy It "appears" you're coming in fairly hot for starters. Your touchdown seems closer to mid-runway than just beyond the threshold. You might try extending your downwind leg and when on final don't be afraid to dead stick to drop altitude momentarily (once you clear the tree line of course) and then give just enough power to keep her above stall speed with a gentle nose high attitude. This should allow for slower landings closer to the threshold. Just my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• RCPilotguy
    replied
    Has anybody tried putting brakes on this thing. All my landings seem to roll off the edge of our 300 foot runway.
    Here is a video of the maiden. F-16 starts at the 2:00 minute mark.

This is John's maiden flights of his Corsair and F16.

Leave a comment:

• TangoVector
    replied
    Have not tried that yet. It was a little bit on the extreme side when the photo was taken. Have flown approx ten flights on that field, it worked later when it had dried up

Leave a comment:

• Fsr045
    replied
    Is there any flaperon elevator mixing?

Leave a comment:

• TangoVector
    replied
    I tried grass ops from a newly cut, damp runway. Only able to takeoff once, wonder why...

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Dee
    replied
    3D printable spare parts available on my cults3d page:

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...16-ventral-fin
    https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...-16-pitot-tube

Leave a comment:

• BenAtkinsonUK
    replied
    I'm 80% sold on spending more and going with the 90mm F4 phantom (Im sure some of you will have seen me posting recently on those threads).

However - I'm just assessing all options - this really isn't a grass flier is it? Fairly well kept grass where I fly. And 4500mah 6S look a bit big?

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    The stock outrunner in the FW is 3048 2150. If it is mountable you are going to a motor with more than 10% less kV. Why?

Originally posted by 13dyna View Post
    Hi all can I get away with putting 3060 1900 kv motor in this jet? The motor came out of an fms yak 130

Leave a comment:

• KOM4462b
    replied
    Proud to say I just got mine this last week and I am nearly ready for her maiden flight. I spent the extra money and got the "pro" version to cut down on what I would need to do to boost its performance. And went so far as to buy the upgraded retractable landing gear, making steering on grass much easier as I heard it. Will post a pic when finished and details as to how she flew after her the 1st flight.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• 13dyna
    replied
    Hi all can I get away with putting 3060 1900 kv motor in this jet? The motor came out of an fms yak 130

Leave a comment:

• Jets and Wings
    replied
    Originally posted by RCPilotguy View Post
    It is the 6S version...Woo Hoo!!!

But why did they cut off the cover of the ESC???

Now to find a battery....What is everyone using?

Name:	IMG_6052.jpg
Views:	1132
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	257225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6057.jpg
Views:	1081
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	257226Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6053.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	257228
    Hi RCPilotguy, the cover of the ESC is sometimes cut out because of heat. That is what I was told from MRC, had the same with my MiG21 and F-5 Tiger. So no need to worry!

Leave a comment:

• Necroscope
    replied
    I maidened my F-16 yesterday, what a great bit of kit.

I fly with a Turnigy 3300 6S pack balanced at 90mm. It has an AR636 RX running the E-Flite 70mm F-16 map.

Takes off from grass easily, does high alpha easily, has a great turn of speed. I need to drop the gain on the gyro slightly as there is some oscillation.

All in all, very happy. She looks great in the air and sounds awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Fredardi
    replied
    Originally posted by Necroscope View Post
    On high rate 40%
    ok thanks actually i use 30%...Because mine wich a fly with a 4000 mah almost all the way back and still bit nose heavy, as i use aileron it is not very steady if i go left i have to correct a bit to the right not staying in position on turns...

Leave a comment:

• Necroscope
    replied
    On high rate 40%

Leave a comment:

• Fredardi
    replied
    Hello to everyone...How many expo you use with Spektrum on the ailerons ? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• RCPilotguy
    replied
    It is the 6S version...Woo Hoo!!!

But why did they cut off the cover of the ESC???

Now to find a battery....What is everyone using?

Name:	IMG_6052.jpg
Views:	1132
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	257225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6057.jpg
Views:	1081
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	257226Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6053.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	63.4 KB