• paulrkytek
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Excellent work Paul!
    Needs must when the devil drives

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Just shows how you can get GPS to read whatever you want...

Leave a comment:

• StratoJoe
    replied
    That’s pretty impressive. That’s got to be a sight to see.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by StratoJoe View Post

Which size F22 and what are they running in it?
    The 90mm. I'm pretty sure it is stock.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Excellent work Paul!

Leave a comment:

• StratoJoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Yeah, I wish. It still amuses me no end when guys log inpressive speeds, an I show them my telemetry history. The freewing F22 so far is the speediest bird at our field. We saw it it 150mph one day using that gpS widget motion sells.

My goofball reading happens every now and then. I may have a crimp in the tube running from the pitot to the sensor. Real airspeed max is 110 to 115 going all out. Usual just cruising around is 85-90mph.

Excellent plane, just wish the low observable grey wasn't quite so low observable.
    Which size F22 and what are they running in it?

Leave a comment:

• paulrkytek
    replied
    One of the anomalies of Brexit here in the uk is the £12 admin fee charged by FEDEX to collect VAT tax on behalf of HMRC. Taking off with the F16 last week the motor cut at about 10ft in the air, no room to turn, the river looms ahead, nose dived into the grass back just before the river otherwise she would have sailed off into the sunset. Crushed the front, lost the nose, broke the canopy. Cost of new nose, canopy top (clear plastic broken ) £13.99p including vat, postage £5, Fedex fee £12 for them to pay £2.32p tax to HMRC. total £31.00p. I decided the take an alternative route costing about £2.50p in balsa. The nose went in the hot water bucket, I reached for the Gorilla glue and lightweight filler, some scrap balsa and foam bits and I have now almost finished the repair, probably faster than it would have taken to get it all sorted via Fedex. Just need to test out the electrical circuit to find out where the loose connection was as the motor sparked into life when I picked the fuselage off the ground !!!.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210501_083521[1].jpg
Views:	586
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	312123Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210501_083350[1].jpg
Views:	583
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	312125

Name:	IMG_20210506_101525[1].jpg
Views:	567
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	312124Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210509_175159[1].jpg
Views:	581
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	312126

Name:	IMG_20210509_180230[2].jpg
Views:	577
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	312127

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by Aros View Post

15,161 mph?!?! You must be using new LiPos.
    Yeah, I wish. It still amuses me no end when guys log inpressive speeds, an I show them my telemetry history. The freewing F22 so far is the speediest bird at our field. We saw it it 150mph one day using that gpS widget motion sells.

My goofball reading happens every now and then. I may have a crimp in the tube running from the pitot to the sensor. Real airspeed max is 110 to 115 going all out. Usual just cruising around is 85-90mph.

Excellent plane, just wish the low observable grey wasn't quite so low observable.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
    I also added an airspeed sensor and telemetry pitot tube in the nose. She's quick. I once logged 15,161 mph. Beat that Horizon!
    15,161 mph?!?! You must be using new LiPos.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied

I'm loving mine. Repainted the tail in honor of our Tacos. But I still had a hell of a time seeing it, so she's getting invasion stripes.

I also added an airspeed sensor and telemetry pitot tube in the nose. She's quick. I once logged 15,161 mph. Beat that Horizon!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210501_084358_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	311185

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Afterburner increa$e$ the rate of climb.

Leave a comment:

• DM3MD157
    replied
    Originally posted by powerss800 View Post
    5280 RC's flicker afterburner is the best I have used! It shipped in less then a day and was super easy to install. I'm going to order 2 more for my other jets! I have friends that have waited over 2 months for other products. I highly recommended checking them out.
    Price isn't $45 as posted above. It's $60.

Leave a comment:

• powerss800
    replied
    5280 RC's flicker afterburner is the best I have used! It shipped in less then a day and was super easy to install. I'm going to order 2 more for my other jets! I have friends that have waited over 2 months for other products. I highly recommended checking them out.

Leave a comment:

• StratoJoe
    replied
    What I did was place the sticker on the model and then slowly peal back on the plastic film. The stickers tend to want to stick to clear plastic so you want to try and keep them held down with the end of something such as a popsicle stick.

After applied I like to hit the edge with some clear nail polish to hopefully keep them from peeling off.

Leave a comment:

• DM3MD157
    replied
    Can someone give me some tips on how to apply the decals that come with the model? Is the clear film on top supposed to be a transfer sheet?

Leave a comment:

• StratoJoe
    replied
    I did not take any pictures during the process. However I found this video of a guy adding a rudder to the flightline p51 850mm. It is kind of like what I did for the pin hinges. The cutting starts after the 3:30 mark.

Leave a comment:

• StratoJoe
    replied
    I flipped the plane over and started with the elevator marked I marked with a sharpie where I wanted to put pin hinges. I then used a fresh blade and cut the foam hinges down the center. Using my marked areas as a guide I made small howls along the seem that made up the foam hinge.

I glued one half of the pin hinges in the control surface and allowed it to set a bit before moving on. After it set a put a bead of foam tac glue on the seem that was the oldest foam hinge. The glued the other end of the pin hinge into the horizontal stab. The foam tac makes a nice clean gap free hinge to reinforce the pin hinges.

I repeated the process for the rudder and ailerons

Leave a comment:

• Speedrick
    replied
    Hello,

just got the V2 version, 6S PRO version.
    i do am concerned about the foam hinges. Is there anybody who had bad memories about them?
    Anybody upgraded hij F16 to conventional hinges? Any pics?

Thanks for sharing,

Eric

Leave a comment:

• StratoJoe
    replied
    The plastic cover that covers up the wires in the duct has falling off. My first attempt ton glue it back did it not work out so well. I was doing some run ups of the motor and saw that the fan was pulling down the front of the plastic. I am going to try again.

has anyone had luck getting this fixed? Has anyone just removed it and flown with out it?

Leave a comment:

• 5280 RC
    replied
    Flicker LED afterburner for F16 - I just finished this up for my F16. Love how it flickers and looks like the afterburner is firing up. No radio programming required. Plug and play. $45.

Check them out - fiftytwoeightyrc.com - lots of info on the site.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X