Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey WildBillG, welcome to Hobby Squawk! It's always nice to see another DIY guy willing to test an aircraft's limits.

Watch your FSA % inlet and outlet when you're shoehorning in another 80mm fan... you're probably starving the fan up front and/or fighting a backlog out the back. I dimensioned this F-16 specifically for our 70mm fan.

I also recommend reinforcing the main retract blocks if your AUW surpasses 15% stock.

Be safe, have fun, fly low!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Question for the Gyro guys...................
      I have a 2-axis Gyro that I am toying with installing for use on elevator and ailerons. I assume we bypass the factory Control Board completely as only signal wires come from the board to the receiver. I would be using y-harnesses from elevator and aileron servos to gyro, and gyro direct to receiver?

Thanks!!

Comment

• Got my weapons kits today. I was surprised to find the AGM's weren't removable. They are now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
          Got my weapons kits today. I was surprised to find the AGM's weren't removable. They are now!
          nice mod ! While they look good on in flight , they add tons of drag ! I ripped mine off and just fly with the sidewinders

Comment

• Dear Alpha or should I say Obi Wan EDF Kanobi Thanks for the very good advice. I didn't consider this airflow constrictions when putting the 80 in. I'll try opening up the inlet somehow or adding an extra cheater duct somewhere. I'll also keep an eye on the gear blocks. I added the gear upgrade to it so hopefully that helps. I figured it's about time that I start pushing the planes limits after it pushed mine thru several sets of parts when it was pushing my limits.

Comment

• Has anyone found a good AIM-9 sidewinder for the wingtip rails? I’m turning the new 70mm BAE-Hawk into a Desert Hawk and got some extra 70mm F-16 rails for it. They’re slightly too big but will work at 9”s. I’m looking at the Freewing 90mm F-15 missiles and tanks for it, don’t know how long the AIM-9s are though. Anyone have them?

Comment

• Finally finished mine tonight and I hope to maiden this weekend if the snow holds out. I'm balanced with a 5000 6s Gforce elite and I had to toss in 3/4oz to the rear. I install the counter weight inside the edf cover. Upgrades include missle kit, afterburner kit, metal retracts, and nerf whistles.:Cool:

Comment

• Has anyone put electric brakes on one of these yet.
                  My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                    Has anyone put electric brakes on one of these yet.
                    I don't think you would want to. I have been messing with my Elevator throw and have it where the plane is barely moving at touch down now... It just takes some time to get right. I am also going to try spoilerons and flaperons to see what I can do as well...
                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Here is my flights where I was fiddling with the elevator throw and actually almost hovering with a Nitro powered trainer...

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I wanted them for the scale effect. Yea there's not much of a roll out after touch down on a high alpha landing. I picked up a nice set of wheels with brakes but I don't think they were will fit the stock struts. Not enough axle is exposed and up grades are out of stock. There also kinda heavy.
                        My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Question for the Gyro guys...................
                          I have a 2-axis Gyro that I am toying with installing for use on elevator and ailerons. I assume we bypass the factory Control Board completely as only signal wires come from the board to the receiver. I would be using y-harnesses from elevator and aileron servos to gyro, and gyro direct to receiver?

Thanks!!
                          I have a question too: I have a Eagle A3-L gyro, and I'm setup using FLAPERONS, bypassing the blue box for aileron and plugging them into the reciever direct... my question is: does this remove the opportunity for me to use a gyro? If not, what should I get, and is there a video or thread on setup?

Thanks all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marktur View Post

I have a question too: I have a Eagle A3-L gyro, and I'm setup using FLAPERONS, bypassing the blue box for aileron and plugging them into the reciever direct... my question is: does this remove the opportunity for me to use a gyro? If not, what should I get, and is there a video or thread on setup?

Thanks all!
                            I believe it will eliminate the use of a gyro (see HOWEVER below). The gyro must control the ailerons as a single signal (ie, requiring the use of a "Y"). Using wing type "flaperon" requires each aileron servo to be plugged into separate channels. The Hobby Eagle has options of "normal", "delta wing" and "V-tail", hence it won't apply stability function to flaperons.
                            HOWEVER, you can still plug only the "aileron" servo into the stabilizer and it will control just one aileron. It'll work but will give a weird flight characteristic which may create other problems in certain situations. The stab may still over drive that servo during heavy stabilization.
                            My F-16 utilizes flaperons and it does assist in take offs and landings tremendously. The plane really doesn't need a stabilizer. You simply have to know when and when not to use 1/2 and full flaps and to dial in restricted aileron travel for each case or you'll over drive the servos. (IE, I ONLY use full flaps on the final straight approach. Cranking full flaps during any kind of banking or turning could result in the plane taking a dirt nap. Keep the throttle up until the plane has settled in on the "home stretch".)

Comment

• You can do flaperons with the new Admiral gyro rx. You still have to set it up through the radio AND select the dip switches on the gyro itself.

Also splitting ailerons is still necessary. I simply left one in the blue box and the other in my aux channel on the rx which is channel 6, what would be flaps if it had them. I'm setting up 70mm f16 right now.

Comment

• Thanks guys! Ryan - when you get it all set, please tell me what you did... I'm going to look into that gyro. Also, I'm using the Graupner MZ24 radio - they just came out with a receiver/gyro combo, will check later to see if that will handle it properly with ailerons plugged into 2 channels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                                  You can do flaperons with the new Admiral gyro rx. You still have to set it up through the radio AND select the dip switches on the gyro itself.

Also splitting ailerons is still necessary. I simply left one in the blue box and the other in my aux channel on the rx which is channel 6, what would be flaps if it had them. I'm setting up 70mm f16 right now.
                                  Yeah the admiral is the same as the LemonRX and allows for it. I will be switching mine to try it here in a little bit. landing slower is always better... as is using spoilerons for better high alpha performance...

Comment

Got my weapons kits today. I was surprised to find the AGM's weren't removable. They are now!
                                    nice! i did the same thing haha

Comment

• Been flying the snot out the 6s 70mm F-16 and 6s 70mm Yak-130. Man I love these 6s 70mm jets. They are fast, efficient and inexpensive. They also look great for what they are. IMHO they are the perfect size, not to big , not to small and easy to transport. I have been flying these with 3300, 4000, 4500 and 5000 mAh batteries with no issues at all. Going to have to bite the bullet and get the BAe Hawk.

Comment

• Looks like NY weather is going to keep me grounded until Spring.:Crying2:I'm coming off a Phase 3 F-16 and really looking forward to flying this. I didn't know what to do with myself so I took some pics for my desktop.

Comment

• I totally agree with MOFO1. These 70mm 6s jets are the sweet spot for the current battery technology. I sold all of my 90mm jets because of the 2-21/2 minute flights I was getting. My 70mm v2 Alaskan F-16 and Rebel 70 are my current favourites. looking forword to the Bae hawk and FMS F-18F. I am hopeing the industry recognizes this trait and continues this trend. Keep them coming.

Comment

Working...
                                          X