X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    Can you believe how clean the wire runs are in this bird with the use of the ribbon cables from the wings? There is no "rat's nest" to have to fight. I love it. So neat.
    Amen!
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• All ready to maiden, just need a few radio adjustments and we are good to go...
      Went together great, no problems whatsoever. Right wing was a little snug getting in but rather be tight than loose...
      Now where are those decals???

Comment

• I cycled my servos for about 5 minutes. My question is, one of the flap servos was just noticeably warm compared to all other servos. Not hot, but there was a slight warmth compared to all others...
        Should I be concerned about this and ask for a replacement, or go with it since it is on the flaps and not a main control surface servo???
        This is the first plane I have done this on so not sure where you draw the line here...
        Thanks...

Comment

• tired iron, how did you connect the esc wires? mine are also disconnected but i can't hole the esc connectors to plug the bullets in
          Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
          Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
          Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
          Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

• Mine went together quick and easy last night, just like everyone else has said. No issues at all. Also figured out where those plastic pieces went before reading the posts here. It's all set up and ready to go, will get decals on tonight (going with the Navy scheme). Here's a pic of my RoaringTop 6S 5800 35C installed. CG is at 195mm, measured with wheels up, no ordnance, no hump, per the revised manual. Maiden on Saturday!
            Pat

Comment

• Pat,

That's great. Thanks for posting the pic. I'll be reedy with my RT 5800. Also may try a RT 5000 with a high C rating. The hump has really grown on me. I didn't like it at first but now I do.. I'll be humping. The drop tanks are HUGE! Was hoping to see more air to air missiles Probably won't fly with the drop tanks unless I can drop them . Magnet on / Magnet off

Hawk
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• You guys are gonna love this bird.
                Can't wait for the weekend and many successful maiden reports!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

HHNF I'm trying to picture your taxi test misshap. Are you saying it tips due to the tall and narrow gear spacing, and when the wingtip hits it then flipped over on its back? Or did it over-rotate as if the main gear are too close to the CG and rock back on its tail, breaking off the aft fuse? Mines still on the stupid brown truck.
                  Sounds like the former you mentioned..As I stated it doesn't take much to tip the wings when turning & on grass it catches & can flip on it's back & the inertia on its back is what pulls the rear fuse off.. I've tested a lot of my planes with different stances this way & done hundreds of taxiing & runups & this is the first that's so Tipsy.. When you get yours & Maiden you'll see what I mean.. I know on my grass field it's super sensitive..if you've watched that vid I posted you can see how easily it tipped & I had hardly any Throttle ..

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2J7A2601.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	95843
                    Here are a couple of shots from the maiden flight of the A-4. Sweet jet. I did reduce the aileron control throws for the next flights.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Some A-4 mods and tips...

The Freewing A-10 nose wheels are 70mm compared to the stock 65mm ones, these are much better looking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170906_200010181_iOS.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	95857

Name:	20170906_200414761_iOS.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	95860

Name:	20170906_201049225_iOS.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	95853

I just didn't like the look with both tanks on so...

Name:	20170906_194848189_iOS.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	95855

Name:	20170906_195015529_iOS.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	95856

Name:	20170906_200157315_iOS.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	95862

Name:	20170906_200211765_iOS.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	95859

Name:	20170906_200147952_iOS.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	95863

I squeezed the end of the fueling tube so it would fit snug in the fuse...

Name:	20170906_200833280_iOS.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	95858

The tail hook shouldn't be glues in like the instructions recommend because it would be in the way of the fan access panel screws and there's already a place to put screws in it...

Name:	20170906_195959200_iOS.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	95854

Blacked out the exhaust...

Name:	20170906_200623919_iOS.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	95861

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Great pics !
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Centerline Tank = :Cool:

More delay's for me. Hurricane aftermath still has Brown stepping and fetching...

Comment

• Mine is here but doubt it will fly this weekend. Hoping Irma goes way to the east and not up the middle of the state.
                            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Nice mods Tired! I will be doing a few of these.
                              Pat

Comment

• I'm in the same dilemma. I'm busy putting up shutters and such down here in South Florida. I'll most likely get it together when all the other work is done.

Comment

• Prayers going up for all you guys affected by these storms.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Godspeed to our Florida brothers. Praying for a right hook. My company HQ is in Deerfield Beach and they are scurrying to bat down the hatches.

Comment

• I painted the exhaust black. And since I had the paint out, I painted the exhausts on the Bullpups too. Also put a screw in the tail hook, and squeezed the refueling probe for a tighter fit.

Alas, I only have one spare A-10 nose wheel right now. Need to order a few.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                                        Hey Wayne.. Congrats..Nice field you fly from.. Best of both worlds.. Lucky you..Out of interest.. Did you have to trim any control surfaces on your maiden???
                                        It only took 2 clicks of Right Trim. I was very impressed with its stability right after takeoff. Sometimes this Blind Squirrel finds a nut and gets the set up correct from the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Wayne, how were the landings?
                                          My first approach with no flaps had me record 3 Touch N Go's (more like soft bounces) and on the Final Landing I used the first notch of recommended flaps with the elevator mix and it settled in nicely that time. Started getting a cross wind later on so I only managed 4 flights but it was very relaxing to fly after a bit. 30 plus years doing it and I still get that Butterfly on the Maiden.

Comment

Working...
                                          X