X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    Anybody have any idea what the thing in the red box is? It looks like it has a nose cone on it so I don't think it is a rocket launcher...

Click image for larger version Name:	20170726_1838501.jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.9 KB ID:	96005
    I think you may be looking at two different things in that Lou Drendel illustration. Rocket pod on the outside pylon and a napalm pod on the inside.

Comment

• Interestingly enough there is a picture of that same plane in the book and it has the LAU-10 there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170907_173554.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	96031

Comment

• Yeah...after further research, I believe the illustration shows two LAU-10s the inboard has the nose cover installed.
        Attached Files

Comment

• So they could have a nose cover?

Comment

• Test run of decals for the AGM-12 Bullpup. I'm happy with the sizing, so I'll get them set up to make available for purchase. Same as for the A-10, $5 shipped to the US and Canada.

Some notes. As there are raised lines for the stripes, I went ahead and just masked and painted them on. I did this for two reasons; if I did decals, they'd have to be done on white backed paper (everything else is on clear backed), and it allows the modeler to paint the stripes whatever color they wish. I also painted the exhaust black.

I think they came out pretty well and really dresses them up. Not sure If I'm going to do anything for the tanks though.
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              Test run of decals for the AGM-12 Bullpup. I'm happy with the sizing, so I'll get them set up to make available for purchase. Same as for the A-10, $5 shipped to the US and Canada.

Some notes. As there are raised lines for the stripes, I went ahead and just masked and painted them on. I did this for two reasons; if I did decals, they'd have to be done on white backed paper (everything else is on clear backed), and it allows the modeler to paint the stripes whatever color they wish. I also painted the exhaust black.

I think they came out pretty well and really dresses them up. Not sure If I'm going to do anything for the tanks though.
              Take my money again please...

Comment

So they could have a nose cover?
                Yes sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  Test run of decals for the AGM-12 Bullpup. I'm happy with the sizing, so I'll get them set up to make available for purchase. Same as for the A-10, $5 shipped to the US and Canada.
                  Looks just like my Estes Bullpup. Nice job!

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                    Looks just like my Estes Bullpup. Nice job!
                    Thanks. I used that for the markings for the most part. But left off the US AIR FORCE of course. ;)
                    Pat

Comment

• Basics done. Still need to CG and set control throws.
                      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Nicely done, Bill!

Comment

Take my money again please...
                          Hey RC Jet Dude are you planning to bring your Camouflage A-10 and your new A-4 Skyhawk to E Week at Triple Tree at the end of the month?

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

You can have my spare.
                            Hey TiredIronGRB are you planning to bring your new A-4 Skyhawk to E Week at Triple Tree at the end of the month?

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                              Yes sir!

Good detective work Tony ;)
                              After zooming in real close I believe however it is only one LAU-10 cause there is no inner/outer rack on Sta 1 and on Sta 2 is a six pack of Mk 81 Snakeyes which leaves no space on Sta 1 for a multi rack setup.
                              For those that want to know what a Snakeye is, it's a variant to the Mk 81 and 82 bombs with the Mark 14 TRD (Tail Retarding Device).
                              Back in the day it paid to have as roommates an AO1 - Aviation Ordinance Petty Officer First Class and a Second Class Petty Officer EOD SEAL.
                              I also happened to be an AQ - Aviation Fire Control (Computer/Nav/Inertial/Radar and Weapons release platforms on the A-6).
                              GO NAVY
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post

Hey RC Jet Dude are you planning to bring your Camouflage A-10 and your new A-4 Skyhawk to E Week at Triple Tree at the end of the month?
                                Hey Carlos, yes, I plan to bring both of my A-10's, my A-4 and a few more planes with me to eWeek. Are you going to be there too?

Comment

• Got mine together last night. Went with the navy scheme. Everything went smooth. Only concern is the nose gear has a ton of slop. I took retract out and tryed to figure out how to tighten it up. I stripped one of the Allen set screws on the strut too. What a pain. Is some slop normal? This is my first freewing. Any help would be appreciated. Also anyone know if the avanti nose gear will fit on the a4? I hate that tiny nose wheel.

Comment

• Originally posted by T.J. View Post
                                    Got mine together last night. Went with the navy scheme. Everything went smooth. Only concern is the nose gear has a ton of slop. I took retract out and tryed to figure out how to tighten it up. I stripped one of the Allen set screws on the strut too. What a pain. Is some slop normal? This is my first freewing. Any help would be appreciated. Also anyone know if the avanti nose gear will fit on the a4? I hate that tiny nose wheel.
                                    My nose gear is the same, a lot of play. I also have the Avanti, A-10, Stinger 90 and all are the same. I understand they are made that way intentionally because if they are tight they were prone to breaking...

Comment

• :Cool:
                                      Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post

Hey TiredIronGRB are you planning to bring your new A-4 Skyhawk to E Week at Triple Tree at the end of the month?
                                      More than likely
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                                        Basics done. Still need to CG and set control throws.
                                        Looks great Bill! I'm waiting on graphics...
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          Good detective work Tony ;)
                                          After zooming in real close I believe however it is only one LAU-10 cause there is no inner/outer rack on Sta 1 and on Sta 2 is a six pack of Mk 81 Snakeyes which leaves no space on Sta 1 for a multi rack setup.
                                          For those that want to know what a Snakeye is, it's a variant to the Mk 81 and 82 bombs with the Mark 14 TRD (Tail Retarding Device).
                                          Back in the day it paid to have as roommates an AO1 - Aviation Ordinance Petty Officer First Class and a Second Class Petty Officer EOD SEAL.
                                          I also happened to be an AQ - Aviation Fire Control (Computer/Nav/Inertial/Radar and Weapons release platforms on the A-6).
                                          GO NAVY
                                          Thanks Charlie! Agree, looks like one LAU-10 in that illustration. My phone was sort of helpful earlier, except for the zoom feature. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X