Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am getting this jet I am building this jet I am putting the batteries in this jet but I will not be the one who maidens this jet here is why ....I know a guy at my field actually he is my mentor he flys pattern planes and way back when I first started flying theses stupid edfs my first was the saber every time I flew it I broke the gear landing he watched me go through four sets of retracts and twice as many nose gears he came over and said let me try .... so...he looked at it with the five thousand moved the battery back and proceeded to do ten perfect landing in a row on the same pack he flew so slow I swore the jet would drop out of the sky well to make a long story short he taught me how to land in just about anything now I can land just about anything basically no ship scares me but here’s more I’m letting him maiden the jet and I’m going to post the video here you know why? Because he’s from Russia and guess what he used to do ....back in RUSSIA he no bs honest to god flew the MIG 29 when I told him today was getting it you could see the excitement in his eyes and his first question was ....... you guessed it....does it have thrust vectoring? I said no and he said mmmmmmph it’s not a mig then ...so I might have to add it on so my you tube video title will be FAN FLIGHT REAL MIG PILOT FLYS FREEWING MIG 29 .....this is going to be good and this guy is so real with pattern planes and 3D flying he sits in his car with little airplanes figuring out maneuvers like real fighter pilots do ....oh wait he was a real fighter pilot

Comment

• James it sounds pretty good, what is the max sound level in dbA taken at 7 meters away on full throttle

Comment

• I look forward see to hearing your friend's thoughts after flying our MiG-29!

To my understanding, out of the 1,500+ MiG-29s built, only one of them actually flew with full aspect thrust vectoring. This was the MiG-29 OVT test platform, which was converted from a MiG-33 (29M) in the late 90s and used as a demonstrator aircraft seen at MAKS and other events over the past 15+ years. I did read that this demonstrator's TVC system was approved for adaptation into other MiG-29Ms, but I'm not sure how many conversions were actually completed and put into service.

Even so, one TVC-enabled Fulcrum out of 1,500+ doesn't degrade the fact that the Fulcrum has always been a very maneuverable aircraft long before TV was a thing.

The MiG-35, if it every truly makes it into full frontline service, is the logical evolution beyond the MiG-29 airframe, but even its RD33 engines aren't designed to be exclusively TV - - in fact, they've been seen flying without that system installed, configured as standard engines as most MiG-29s have always been.

For those who care about the nitty gritty, technically the Freewing MiG-29 is mostly an AS variant. This is close to the original A variant but with modern avionics and other internal adjustments. One of the more obvious visual indicators to distinguish the AS from the original -A is the AS has chaff/flare dispensers positioned at the leading root of the horizontal stabilizers. Flap/aileron TE alignment and stab shape and radome differences are present, although difficult to spot unless you're a weirdo MiG Scale nut like myself.

One can get lost in the many variations of MiG-29 (A, AS, U, M, SM, M, GT, SE, UB, and more! )
        ​​ but most aren't readily distinguishable from the outside, unless it's the two seaters or the SMT variants with fuel humps. We didn't want to stray too far into the modernization or refitting pathway, so the AS seemed like the best bet that retained the classic MiG-29 profile.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Just got done re watching the live stream and really enjoyed it alfa! I would love to see that be a new thing you do. Certainly no other company out there is doing it and i feel it adds a great connection with the oeople that love the motion products! Well done indeed :)

Ps....#MIGGANG lololol

Comment

• Thanks, Brent! I'm glad the community liked it. So far it seems we're going to try a weekly livestream, Tuesdays at 9pm CST. Post in here if that time works for you or if it doesn't, advise a better one. Eventually the bulk of us should be able to settle on a good time that works for the majority. I'm fairly flexible, as long as people watch the content and engaging the group there adds value to their hobby lives!

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...ive-with-alpha
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I mean...kimda hard to nail down a time for everybody..speaking for myself...i should be able to make that work :) if nothing else...it gives people a look into all the time it takes to do something like this. Kinda like..the amount of time ill take to mentally picture amd work tgrough a scratch build lr a mod before i build it. Theres alot of thought amd time that goes into that. I think its really cool your sharing your time with us

Comment

• Alpha, will we have to program in some flap-elevator mix on the MiG? What's been your experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

To my understanding, out of the 1,500+ MiG-29s built, only one of them actually flew with full aspect thrust vectoring. This was the MiG-29 OVT test platform, which was converted from a MiG-33 (29M) in the late 90s and used as a demonstrator.
                  Beat me to it. I as well am curious to see how it flys on the TV, but I believe most people will enjoy the higher thrust to weight ratio without it.

Comment

• Go TV or go home. As the F-22 I'll make my own if needed.

Comment

• So worked out some numbers on the new Mig.

Empty weight without batteries in the manual is quoted at 4300g

Two Roaring top 4400mah 70C 6S batteries is 1400g

The published static thrust on the 80mm 9 blade Freewing inrunners is a combined 6000g

The base numbers show a NOMINAL static thrust of 300G more than flight weight.

Account for the weight of a receiver and realistic installed thrust, and you’re really close to a 1:1 thrust to weight ratio.

Of course these are all published ideal numbers, but this thing is going to rip!

The only place I found the static thrust listing of the 80mm 9blade was here.

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=8645

Comment

• Can someone post the height from top of tail to bottom of fuse, top of tail to ground (wheels out), then top of canopy to ground (or bottom of fuse). This should about cover all the vertical measurements. I'm thinking those tails might require me to adjust my trailer shelving (don't want to disassemble).
                        Attached Files

Comment

• +1 pre-order....can't wait for September!

Comment

• Originally posted by barron06 View Post
                            Can someone post the height from top of tail to bottom of fuse, top of tail to ground (wheels out), then top of canopy to ground (or bottom of fuse). This should about cover all the vertical measurements. I'm thinking those tails might require me to adjust my trailer shelving (don't want to disassemble).
                            Don't mind if I do!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mig Vert Dimension.jpg
Views:	1396
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	267709

Comment

• Thank you James!

Comment

• This MiG-29 Fulcrum offering by MotionRC is amazing. The only issue I have is that there is nothing to "modify". The livery is perfect, the model is gorgeous, ordinance is great, OEM mods coming. What's not to love? Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Don't mind if I do!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mig Vert Dimension.jpg
Views:	1396
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	267709
                                  Thx again James

Comment

• Elbee i said the same thing!! Lolol. I do have a few small changes planned..but nkthing crazy. Seems like a home run already. But ill be shooting for that grand slam :p

Comment

• I've got some extra slime light LEDs that I got from Jeremy, and I'm going to put one in the cockpit. The green should be perfect!
                                      Pat

Comment

• I love that the tiger eyes seem like they are always watching you

Comment

• Originally posted by Spinny Testaverde View Post
                                          I love that the tiger eyes seem like they are always watching you

Relevant:

Comment

Working...
                                          X