• Show
Clear All

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    And I've seen 4s work in this plane...

Leave a comment:

• MikeT
    replied
    I'm finding moving a 2200 3S further back improves handling.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Ole-Timer
    replied
    Flew mine several times weekend before last. Ran a 3s 3300 pushed all the way fwd. It needed a touch of down on the elevator. Otherwise it flew great. Only mod so far is I trimmed up the plastic gear leg and added larger Robart tires.

Leave a comment:

• RCjetdude
    replied
    That looks awesome Ryan. Love the details.

Leave a comment:

• ryramZ
    replied
    Here's a few of mine.

Leave a comment:

• Bajora
    replied
    Saw (and shot) my first local AT-6 today ... thanks Goosekiller!

Leave a comment:

• TomC
    replied
    Very much worth it,,:Cool: with the high winds here in Texas..I have 3 other e flite planes with 60amp ESC and 4s 4000 lipos and they are a blast to fly in the winddy conditions, and even more fun on calm days..They drawl about 50 amps at full throttle at anywhere between 850-1000 watts, my timer is set for 6 mins and I will have 25 to 30% llipos charge after a flite of mostly full throttle...Mantis 65 amp ESC have been most efficient for me..Just my .02

Leave a comment:

• fhhuber
    replied
    Worth experimenting to find out...

It partly depends on your favorite flying style and prevailing wind conditions.
    around here wind can be a big factor. Its almost: "If you can't fly in wind you can't fly in Texas."

First flight of my first Dynam P-51 the wind owned it (OEM RTF package 2000 mah 3S) I just slid a second 2000 mah 3S in there, not even hooked up and it helped tons. I eventually ended up flying it mostly on 4S 3000 mah because the weight really helped (and the extra power is nice too)

Leave a comment:

• MikeT
    replied
    Originally posted by TomC View Post
    looks like by watching the flite video above, I will be able to do my normal E-flite 1.2 mods 60amp ESC with a 4s4000 lipo..
    Is the extra weight worth it?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• TomC
    replied
    looks like by watching the flite video above, I will be able to do my normal E-flite 1.2 mods 60amp ESC with a 4s4000 lipo..

Leave a comment:

• At6 Flyer
    replied
    My favorite warbird! I have one on the way from Motion RC. On my first trip to Oshkosh Air Venture many years ago I was astounded to see a gigantic flight of Texans and I have been hooked ever since. I have flown the Top Flite AT6, Midwest AT6, and Ziroli AT6. I'm looking forward to many flights on this plane when the spring thaw come to Minnesota!
    Larry
    Last edited by At6 Flyer; Apr 13, 2018, 07:26 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Leave a comment:

• MikeT
    replied
    Picked one up over the weekend. Really fun to fly. Were kicking the idea around about pylon racing them in the stock configuration.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Justwingit
    replied
    I recently picked one of these fine models up at the AMA West convention in Ontario, California....

I'm here to report she's one fantastic flying plane! I'll be shooting more video in the days to come...this one's a keeper for sure:Cool:!

Leave a comment:

• DonRhone
    replied
    Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Still got her Ryan??
    I remember it well, and it does look like a handful.
    Hippie 64 (Bryan) had one too, I remember he had some 'fun' with it as well.

Grossman56
    Thankfully there was a build video by RC Informer which indicated that this plane needed a lot of weight added. I do not know why that bid of information was not shared by the manufacturer.

I would likely had my hands full with an erratic flying plane if it had not been for RC Informer. The RC Informer build videos were excellent, especially when they contained important information.

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
    I do still have it. Hangar Queen status. I'm going to modify the mess out of the eflite one and fly the thing to death. I like that it will be the same size but lighter wing loading.

47 pounds balast lol
    Yep, that's one that should be hanging from the ceiling in your house Ryan..

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied
    Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Looks like a pretty nice AT-6, or SNJ or Harvard, or Whirraway.
    Depends on which country you associate the plane with. Interesting tidbit, the Australians even used it as a fighter against the Zeros, which is somewhat ironic as it was used extensively by the movie industry to portray a Zero.

Grossman56
    I did not know that!

Leave a comment:

• ryramZ
    replied
    I do still have it. Hangar Queen status. I'm going to modify the mess out of the eflite one and fly the thing to death. I like that it will be the same size but lighter wing loading.

47 pounds balast lol

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Still got her Ryan??
    I remember it well, and it does look like a handful.
    Hippie 64 (Bryan) had one too, I remember he had some 'fun' with it as well.

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• TiredIronGRB
    replied
    I had one of those, had to put 47lbs in the nose of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X