Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a scan done today for paint match. The numbers are a bit different from yours hemidoo but looks like it will be close enough for me. Here’s both scans side by side.

Comment

This is for anyone that is assembling the plane for the first time and I’m just sharing what I experienced to help someone else avoid the problem I encountered. First time putting on one of the wings I slid the the wing into the saddle and the fit was perfect so I went ahead and dropped the first screw into the hole for the wing and began to run it in. The screw had a little resistance going in but not like it was cross threading. The screw was going thru the wing mounting block on the fuselage and apparently picking up some plastic material in the threads. The mounting block is not threaded the screw should just slide thru it until it reaches the plastic wing pocket where it does thread into. The result was that the plastic on the thread of the bolt acted like a nut and would not allow the bolt to either screw into the wing pocket or pull back thru the block. After some time of holding up pressure with needle nose plies on the bolt was I able to remove the bolt. Had I not been able to grab the head of the bolt short of drilling the screw there would have not been a way to remove it.

If your screws do not pass thru the block on the fuselage freely use the appropriate size drill bit and clear the holes out and it will save you a big headache. 2 of mine were ok but I had to drill the other ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post
        The only thing I've found so far that needed modifications was the wheel axle bolts were to short to grab the loc-nut , i just replaced them with ones 5mm longer .
        Right you are indeed, preflight for this weekends flying found one wheel nut close to falling off. Bolts replaced and crisis averted.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcard View Post
          Right you are indeed, preflight for this weekends flying found one wheel nut close to falling off. Bolts replaced and crisis averted.
          Unicycle landings can sure be tricky !! :-)

Comment

I really love flying this plane and the look of the orange and black is spectacular. I am flying it 100% stock. Last week on a simple straight and level pass there was a large puff of smoke and my motor was no longer functioning. I was able to land safely, but the motor is toast. So if I buy a replacement stock motor and use the same stock prop, Am I going to be safe or should I do something else? I am asking for any advice on different motor prop combos for this plane.

Comment

About how many flights ?

I've run about 30 packs on mine so far

Comment

i would say about 15 flights at about 5 min each

Comment

Not a lot , May be FMS will replace it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry's Flying Circus View Post
                    I really love flying this plane and the look of the orange and black is spectacular. I am flying it 100% stock. Last week on a simple straight and level pass there was a large puff of smoke and my motor was no longer functioning. I was able to land safely, but the motor is toast. So if I buy a replacement stock motor and use the same stock prop, Am I going to be safe or should I do something else? I am asking for any advice on different motor prop combos for this plane.
                    Have you been able to determine what exactly caused it fail? I would definitely pursue getting it replaced under warranty. Sounds like a manufactured defect.

Comment

Lurking here.
                      There does not seem to be much information on this plane. How long has it been on sale?
                      I've been considering this or the Avios Extra 330LX.
                      This plane is more expensive however it seems to have less faults.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBuild View Post
                        Lurking here.
                        There does not seem to be much information on this plane. How long has it been on sale?
                        It's been out a few months I'd say . Still really liking mine ... it's a real sweet flyer that's capable of a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post

It's been out a few months I'd say . Still really liking mine ... it's a real sweet flyer that's capable of a lot
                          That is good to hear. What is the flying weight and what lipos are using?
                          Do you know the make and model of the servos?

Comment

I haven't put this plane on a scale for the total weight .
                            30-gram digital servos with metal gears Looks like a FMS logo on them

I run both 3300mah and 5000mah batteries.
                            3300's for zipping around and my feeble attempt at 3D ! The 5000's offer a real solid feel for spirited Sport flying . I get 10 minutes with the 5000 and 4.5 with the 3300

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBuild View Post
                              Lurking here.
                              I’m still enjoying mine and have zero regrets in buying one. It’s a blast to fly and so versatile as both a 3D flyer and a sport flyer. I’m running 4500mah batteries and not weighed it fully assembled.

Comment

I put a scorpion backup battery on mine after a power outage on my 1st one. It flys awesome!!! Has anybody put a coat of poly On theirs? One other question have any all have the propeller or motor sound like it's grinding whenever you go full throttle out of a dive with it.

Comment

Depending on the exact sound, the prop tips might be vibrating excessively during your dives. I would balance the prop if it really bugs you. Grinding in a motor, however, is a different animal that shouldn't only show itself in a dive. If there was a loose magnet or any other mechanical contact and significant enough to make an audible sounds, you'd know it before you took off. Inspect for loose screws or any FoD that might have been attracted to the magnets. Small chance, but worth checking.

I like this bird, especially its color, and its performance for the price.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I guess the best way to describe the noise is a very loud hum vibration noise whenever I go full throttle, i think it was the prop vibrating heavily which I'll get balanced out. I did tape the cowl down because the prop was rubbing against it in higher speeds and actually pulling it forward for some reason. Other than that, this bird flies like a balsa 3d plane, very smooth and non foam feeling. The vertical climb is jaw dropping. This plane is fast too, can almost keep up with much avanti s.

Comment

Cowl is a good place to check for any rubbing, looseness, etc. It may be worth checking the undercarriage, also. If it isn't endangering the aircraft, I'd just keep flying it like you stole it. Fun runabout!
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Mine makes a noise similar to what you're explaining.
                                        definitely seemed less noticeable with the APC 15x7 nylon prop I bought as a spare from Motion RC.

Comment

I might try that 15 by 7 prop, What size ream do I need for it

Comment

Working...
                                          X