Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The center section and bomb bay need a new coat of interior green. I have to use body putty and fix a bad spot or two before I can spray that section...May do that now, and then I am done for this workday...

Comment

• Very nice

Comment

• While we both are making good progress, the light at the end of the tunnel seems to always be another Amtrak...

Comment

• Ya'll will make it happen fellas :Cool:

Comment

• :Cool:

One month you say!!:Scared: Oh Boy

Comment

• Time for a change of pace. Here are the exhaust turbo-superchargers made from DuBro wheels, button-head screws and styrene tubes and strips... The 1/48th scale model is from Revell/Monogram for reference... Not perfect by any means, and they need more detail added. But considering this model never had any to start with, it will be OK!! :Cool:

Comment

• I received an email from Callie today... https://callie-graphics.com/ She is going to help me research and produce the graphics for Dreambaby. Some of the nose art is elusive, but I hope she may be able to find more that I have on the interweb!! Regardless, I know they will be excellent as usual!! Thanks Callie!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JFandL View Post
                  :Cool:

One month you say!!:Scared: Oh Boy
                  Oh!! One month!! That is like way longer than I need!!!! (I said NEVER!!!) :Sick2::Scared::Silly:

Comment

• Rock on brother

Comment

• At midnight, the top secret B-17G weapons come out to play..... And in the morning, I have four (4) of the CC Cap Packs to solder in so the wiring can get finished up to the motors... I also have to engineer a mount for two of the ESC's to fit in one inboard nacelle and have room and stay cool.... No problem!!! :Thinking: Detail number 103 on a list of 999.

Comment

• Wow, look at all those HARM missiles. Is there an EA-18G going together behind the scenes?
                        Fun project Hardway. It's great watching your progress

Comment

• Heck yeah it is! I thought those might be going on his F16 Texas guard project he had going for a while. Either one would be great stuff. This plane will absolutely make deadline. I feel it, these motor mounts have got to be the most time consuming part of the build. Along with setting up and routing wires. It's looking great!

Comment

• Waiting till October! LOL

Comment

• Watching the calendar.... Anyway, I went with my wife and daughter to the aquarium today, and tomorrow the zoo and then...…. the eye doctor!! So when the 19th comes around (of September) I can see to fly!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome... Hate to lose the building days, but great to spend with the family before school starts on Monday, 27th....

Comment

• OK..... The 24th of August and back to work since noon today. Had to shift the motor shafts on my two (2) remaining Power 60 motors and add the 8mm x 1.25 prop adapters. Working on the mock-up of the dual mount for the Phoenix 100 amp ESC's. Going to add some directional ducting under the cowl and into the nacelle for ram air cooling... Hoping to have some pictures of those up by this evening... Oh, I also measured my small trailer and I have 68 3/4" width to work with on the inside. The B-17 with the wing center section attached is 64 1/2 " !!! :Cool::Cool::Smug: So, moving her, almost ready to fly, is very doable!!

Comment

• U.S. ARMY – MODEL B-17G-35-BO
                                  AIR FORCES SERIAL NO. 42-32025
                                  CREW WEIGHT 1200 LBS.

Service this airplane
                                  With 100 octane fuel
                                  only
                                  FUEL SYSTEM SUITABLE
                                  FOR AEROMATIC FUELS.

Comment

• Soldering the cap packs... Had to modify the ESC mounts due to room and possible overheating... It is coming along though....

Comment

• Sweeeeet!

Comment

• Been working all day since 1030... :Cool: More pics when there is something cool to share!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                          Been working all day since 1030... :Cool: More pics when there is something cool to share!!!
                                          Been working all day since 0700,
                                          Last flight of the day, now it’s time for their written test!

Comment

Working...
                                          X