Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK!! More stuff got done than I thought would be possible, but I am not complaining...:Cool: Put the old Saito .82 back in place and made a gauge from the firewall to the cowling outer edge. I almost forgot to do this before removing all the glow hardware... Would have made fitting the motors and new cowlings a bit harder!!! :Silly:

Comment

• Then a few strategically placed holes were bored from different angles to allow the battery to ESC leads to pass through to the inboard nacelles...The wood bit was not long enough, so a piece of aluminum tube and duct tape made it happen... Very Redneck!!! Ha!! In between all of that, some Bondo spot putty was applied to the spots that need some love... Way more of them than I remember when I put her up last time.... :Scared::Thinking: Anyway, the house was very stinky for a while...

Comment

• Much more to come tomorrow. A big day for building the motor boxes and doing some foam fairing fitting around the bomb bay doors... Hope to have the entire wing wired and ready to test run after the motor capacitor boards come in on Monday... Tick tock... Night all!!!

Comment

• Yall have rain coming up there? It rained off and on all afternoon here

Comment

• We have a 70 percent chance tonight and about 50 percent tomorrow. This morning, between 0500 and 0730, we received about an inch. So the day before, we got a 1/4 inch. So, that is the unofficial total so far!! Having faith for some more rain tonight and thru Monday... We sure need it!!! Glad ya'll got some too!!! It is all over the state, just spotty!!

Comment

• Good times! So much needed!

Comment

• Wow. Yesterday didn't go as planned..... Anyway, it is 0327 and I am up working on the bird... Hope for a much more productive day. Have a great week Squawkers...

Comment

• Awe man, hope you get some rest brother?

Comment

• My internet has been up and down all day. So I thought I would try at 0115. I just now am getting on at 0223.... :Angry:

Comment

• Going to give this a try... Here are a few pictures from my "re-design" session. This is taking a lot more engineering than I anticipated... Have to make up time today....

Comment

• Alright... It worked!!! Yeah! Time to hit the rack and try to be back at it at 0730-0800... :Sleeping:

Comment

• :Cool:

Comment

• Was back up "early", but had to perform "family duties" as a Man-Wife has to do from time to time!!! (not 0700, it was raining and I slept in) Anyway, here is a quick look at the parts I have cut out on the big table saw today in preparation to start assembling the motor boxes... That is going to start now!! Also the platforms for the ESC's are rough cut too...

Comment

• I was able to cut everything off the firewalls, except the cowling mounts. They had to be trimmed down, but that still saves a bunch of time to allow them stay in place... I am using cowlings from the Flyzone Corsair so I don't have to repair and patch the old fiberglass cowls. They are cut up for the glow engines... The Corsair cowls are a lot closer to scale than the original fiberglass cowls that lacked all the details and cowl flaps.... Still not B-17 cowls, but closer than the originals...

Comment

• Firewall butchery... And then some saving grace.... :P

Comment

• That's gonna look goooooood! :Cool:

Comment

• :Cool::)
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

• This morning was dedicated to more design and engineering work... It seems like there are 5 things to do over before I can do one thing to move forward!!! Anyway, I have 20 pieces of plywood in the garage now. They are all getting holes bored in them for wiring and air flow. Pics to come...

Comment

• Here are a few of the jigsaw puzzle!!! HA!! I have to get these all together and installed today. I am 3 days behind by my schedule... :Straight-Face:

Comment

• You can do this. I always found it amazing and just refreshing when command would come back to us with "well we were 3 days behind, now we are a day and a half ahead! Good job soldiers!"

Comment

Working...
                                          X