Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch break and wanted to post a few pics... Taking the old wood and fiberglass wingtips and adding a styrene navigation light housing to each tip. Sounded like a good idea when I started!! LOL

Comment

• Wanted to do the ribs for the bomb bay doors, but they just wont fit and let the doors operate. I can re-engineer them, but no time to do so now... so more paint! HA!! Just random paint progress. These were from a few days back. Much nicer looking now...

Comment

• Servo mount bits and pieces. Dummy radial templates. Glassing the servo hatch covers for the wings... Setting up eleven (11) servos... Just an endless list of little stuff to do!!! :Silly: Back to work!!

Comment

• :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• You got this brother!

Comment

• looks good ! Funny only people who do this stuff realize how much work, time, planning, engineering...... that goes into building something really cool. You really sweat the details and it shows to those of us in the "club" Keep up the good work:)
              rc flyin addict

Comment

• Thanks to you all for the support. Back at it today... Callie sent me the corrected graphic and the nomenclature that I needed. Those came in Thursday. A big thanks to you Callie for all your help!! www.callie-graphics.com

Comment

• Good times!! Love it.

Comment

• Well i had the case of the dumbass strike me today, put the bolts on my cz T28 but forgot to tighten the front ones somehow. Needless to say the wing departed the plane, this one isnt repairable. I sworn i tighten it up, but no my brain is about worthless. Think im done flying for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      Well i had the case of the dumbass strike me today, put the bolts on my cz T28 but forgot to tighten the front ones somehow. Needless to say the wing departed the plane, this one isnt repairable. I sworn i tighten it up, but no my brain is about worthless. Think im done flying for a while.
                      Hang in there Bro!!! So sorry that happened.... I had to mow the back yard today. Should be a 45 minute job... There was no getting around it. Three foot grass after all the rain... After all the prep work, my back was out completely... I took a pain pill and carried on... Now I am 7 hours behind on the build and I think I am getting close to heat stroke... I have no time for this... Trying to recover now... If we can find one on sale somewhere, maybe I can help with some of the costs in October... It is a nice plane for sure!!! Anyway, it will all work out!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Yeah all i need is a fuselage cowling and canopy. I can fix the wings with some barbecue secures and some good glue. Those still look ok, the tail is good to go, but the fuselage did the accordion crush dance. Hit hard enough theres a hole in the rear section that blew out.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                          Well i had the case of the dumbass strike me today, put the bolts on my cz T28 but forgot to tighten the front ones somehow. Needless to say the wing departed the plane, this one isnt repairable. I sworn i tighten it up, but no my brain is about worthless. Think im done flying for a while.
                          happens to everyone, sooner or later something will be missed. I always just try and learn form it and keep moving forward.
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

• RM, We all fail in the perfect department. I about did the same thing on the 1st check flight of my A-10. If I hadn't RE-read my post-it checklist one last time Ida been poked. Sux big time. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• It is Monday the 17th and I am not done with the B-17 rebuild. :(

My wife took this week off so I could travel and be at the airshow early….

Instead of leaving, I am keeping at the project so at least we can do a test flight at the field on Friday evening or Saturday after the show.

The 30th anniversary is so special, having her there and flying will be a memorable occasion.

Even that may not happen if the electronics keep giving me fits…, but I am hopeful at this point!

I can'’t express the level of disappointment…... I have given this undivided attention, with just about every minute of time available to work on her.

Yet, one unforeseen problem after the next presented itself and I was not willing to do the job half-way in any respect.

I have spent a substantial amount of money on parts that was not in our budget, and my wife has been more than gracious to allow that to happen,

as well as using the living room and formal dining room for a shop. The rain has not been conducive to painting a finish coat, and even the all temp primer has given problems with drying times.

Lastly, my health has been a major issue. I have psoriatic arthritis that causes limited mobility and severe joint pain. This causes a lack of sleep, and I am always fatigued.

I also have Crohn’s disease, stemming from the PA. You can look up the unpleasant details of that if you wish…...

All are auto-immune related. I also tore a hamstring right at the beginning of this project. Not able to bend over to pick things up. Very painful to walk….

So, summing that up means I can'’t stand at the workbench the entire day like I did when younger.…

I wanted to communicate this to all of you today.

I want to be there for this event and get together with all of our old team and old friends. Hope you guys are not angry with me... I can only do what I can do. It is a one man show…

Thank you all for your support and for following this thread. It is not over yet by any means!!! So stay tuned... Now back to work!!

:Cool::Cool:

Jerry

Comment

• Wish i lived closer, we would have her ready to roll by now.

Comment

• A valiant effort on your part HW. Still looking forward to seeing this finished and flying. It's been great watching your progress so far.

Comment

• Hardway you are a man possessed. Even with all your physical challenges you are putting together a top notch aircraft, your updates are the first thing I look at. I would be hard pressed to do what your doing, I wish I were closer to you I'd give you a hand. Hang in there your doing great.:Cool:

Comment

• Thank you all for everything!! I really appreciate the support! Since I am spilling my life history, in addition to the health issues, I am a full-time care giver for my Mom...She is 89 and lives with us. She and Dad took care of me when I was little and needed it, so now it is my turn. My wife is an angel straight from Heaven. She is so supportive of whatever I do or need. :Sacred: I also take care of the household while she works at a paying job, and that includes my wonderful daughter who is 8 years old! So between the 89 year old and the 8 year old, I am kinda busy!!! LOL

Comment

• Your tenacity is to be admired Hardway. I used to be a goer once but find I burn out easily now. You have amazed me with the progress and determination and I congratulate you especially considering your handicaps.
                                        Hang in there buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grantham Kid View Post
                                          Your tenacity is to be admired Hardway. I used to be a goer once but find I burn out easily now. You have amazed me with the progress and determination and I congratulate you especially considering your handicaps.
                                          Hang in there buddy.
                                          :Cool: I am humbled... Thanks Bro!

Comment

Working...
                                          X