Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows your 17 coming along?

Comment

• Hey!!! It has been a week already since I got back home!!! I realized that I took the camera out for one series of action shots, and didn't get any stills due to rain and being preoccupied with seeing old friends and a flight or two... :( Sorry!!! Hopefully www.bomberfieldusa.com or their FB page may have some shots... Also, Warbird Thunder on FB may have some pics too. And also VQ Models...

Comment

• I have not done much since I got home from the trip. I did a little work on the landing gear... My back has been out on my left side since before the trip, and the drive really made it worse. I have been catching up on two months of neglected work here. I burned a huge brush pile today and mowed some yesterday, and have been paying for it. Also had to clean the pool and remove some yard debris from weather. All that is NOT back pain friendly!! And to top it off, the L-39 came in yesterday, and instead of storing it, I made the mistake of opening it up and now it is half built!! LOL

Comment

• I am excited to get back to the B-17 really. I have so much detail to add once I get the motor/esc sorted out for the best... I have to get my Carbon Z Cub paint job finished so I can fly it as a test bed. I am also going to test the 20 channel power safe receiver in her too.... Just to be safe!!! Doing a SEA camo on her... (for the past year and a half) HA!!!

Comment

• Always something to get into the way

Comment

• ;) It's all good..... We are blessed and on this side of the dirt, so all is OK!!!

Comment

• Much agreed!

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Hb...ature=youtu.be

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Thanks for posting Mike!!! My internet is too slow to post videos... :Silly::Straight-Face:

Comment

• Just ran across that this AM. Man I hated to see the issues. Some awesome aircraft there.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                        Just ran across that this AM. Man I hated to see the issues. Some awesome aircraft there.

Mike
                        There were some nice birds there, for sure! It was by the grace of God that no one was hurt when the black B-17 went into the flight line and crowd... :Sacred: It really shook folks up, as it should have.... Shame to lose the bird too.... :(:(

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

There were some nice birds there, for sure! It was by the grace of God that no one was hurt when the black B-17 went into the flight line and crowd... :Sacred: It really shook folks up, as it should have.... Shame to lose the bird too.... :(:(
                          Amen to that.

Mike

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	102_22.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	156877

I wanted to check in here... I have been working on the L-39 Albatros and did the maiden and check flights on her Sunday before the weather turned nasty. Wonderful plane. Flies great!!! Now I am finishing the Royal New Zealand Air Force A-4... As soon as that is done, I am starting back on the B-17G. The first thing I want to do is rework the chin turret. Needs some cut-outs, some panels, some filling, etc. And the breeches of the M-2 machine guns. Barrel zippers, lots of fun stuff... So, I hope everyone is doing well and I am looking forward to getting this thread back on line!! Jerry

Comment

• Some chin turret photos...

Comment

• Did I miss the pixs of the finished plane? Ron
                                AMA 424553

Comment

• No... I wish you had... LOL Still a lot to do and just couldn't make the airshow deadline and then had to take a break. Was going to try to get it done for Grapevine, but my left hamstring and back injury wouldn't have it. It rained out anyway, so now I have until next Spring!! ;)

Comment

• Well you know what they say if you rush the build you might miss something that could be bad at maiden time. I'm sure you will have a beautiful plane that will blow everyone away next spring. Good luck!

Comment

• I'm happy to wait :)

Comment

• Thanks for the support!!! I wanted to do the cowls correctly. Almost every gas B-17 has incorrect cowls to accommodate the engines. The cowl flaps are way too far back. I am going to attempt to cut my foam cowls and move the cowl flaps forward and the use the "tube" portion left over for the "front" of the nacelle. I will glass them and it should work out well.... I hope!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                                          Well you know what they say if you rush the build you might miss something that could be bad at maiden time. I'm sure you will have a beautiful plane that will blow everyone away next spring. Good luck!
                                          I’m fighting the pressure to get the Ryan done for the One Eighth Air Force event on 26 - 28th. Just ain’t gonna do it...

Comment

Working...
                                          X