Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slighty related, this is my winter project. Im restoring an old 1/4 scale pitts and finishing it to match my Dad's S1S.

Comment

30 plus flights?! Wow ... I had only 2 flights in a few weeks. My first 2 went well until the ground loop on landing rollout. Minor dings that my foam tac took care of.

Attempted a 3rd today in calm winds but during early part of the squirrely takeoff roll she ground looped a little but just enough to bend the left main gear strut outward a bit. Hopefully my trusty pliers will straiten it out.

Whats the technique to avoid ground looping this squirelly bird? Even my Parkzone Corsair is not ground looping on me and Corsairs are known to be squirelly.

Comment

The 2 main gear on your 1/4 scale looks a bit wider than your dads Pitts or on my Eflite Pitts (or my eyes are playing with me).

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotguy View Post
          30 plus flights?! Wow ... I had only 2 flights in a few weeks. My first 2 went well until the ground loop on landing rollout. Minor dings that my foam tac took care of.

Attempted a 3rd today in calm winds but during early part of the squirrely takeoff roll she ground looped a little but just enough to bend the left main gear strut outward a bit. Hopefully my trusty pliers will straiten it out.

Whats the technique to avoid ground looping this squirelly bird? Even my Parkzone Corsair is not ground looping on me and Corsairs are known to be squirelly.
          I punch it off the ground in a hurry , 4s is the way to go

As far as landing ... really it likes to be under power ALL the way in , including while on the ground (keep wind on the rudder)

Comment

Rudder rudder rudder

Comment

I got some great flights with mine the other day. I haven't flown it since last summer.

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

On my 2nd Pitts, this one got a different paint scheme. Love flying it. Currently building a 1/3rd scale.

Comment

Working...
                X