X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Hmmm...I'll take you up on that. I'm on the road with work right now this week. I'll make a video late this week/weekend.
    Awesome! I think a lot of Squawkers would appreciate that!

Thanks

Comment

• I know most of us are flying planes and jets, but I thought this would be a good one for this topic: "Places you fly"

Comment

• LOVE IT!
        Great Video Sky, had a smile on my face from beginning to end.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Anyone from around the Cincinnati OH area? I'm going there this weekend...thinking of packing a plane..but where to fly?
          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            LOVE IT!
            Great Video Sky, had a smile on my face from beginning to end.

Grossman56
            Gracias Grossman! Glad you enjoyed!

Comment

• That was truly a great video. I'd love to see more like that. Keep up the good work.
              Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                I know most of us are flying planes and jets, but I thought this would be a good one for this topic: "Places you fly"

https://youtu.be/gR88uNEO0lg
                Great video! The quadcopter footage was expecially awesome. You're local as well, I am in Arlington and fly at the Golden Triangle field in Grand Prairie. In fact, I'm hoping to be out there flying tomorrow morning to maiden my B-17.

Comment

• New vid. Beautiful jet to fly. :)

ps: one of the nicest foam finishes I've seen. (Hint hint fms, freewing, flightline etc...) ;)

Comment

• I mostly fly at home (pics) but once or twice a week I go to our clubs field (video).

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160818_213316382_iOS.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	47383

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160818_213342602_iOS.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	47382

TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                      New vid. Beautiful jet to fly. :)

ps: one of the nicest foam finishes I've seen. (Hint hint fms, freewing, flightline etc...) ;)
                      i have the HSD Sky Raider which is a reboot of the old Starmax sky raider. Anyway it is the best foam finish of any foam plane I ever had as well. You can not see hardly any cells at all. It really looks close to being a cloth painted covering like ESM does.

Comment

• Originally posted by benjack71 View Post

i have the HSD Sky Raider which is a reboot of the old Starmax sky raider. Anyway it is the best foam finish of any foam plane I ever had as well. You can not see hardly any cells at all. It really looks close to being a cloth painted covering like ESM does.
                        Ben,
                        I totally agree, was blown away at how smooth the finish is on my Skyraider from HSD when I got it to replace the NEFI Triangle loss. In case you hadn't seen the post on it over on my Warbirds Squadron thread, here's the link to post #27 http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-...7726#post47726
                        Look at the centerline drop and forward dorsal scoop added to make it look more scale
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Ben,
                          I totally agree, was blown away at how smooth the finish is on my Skyraider from HSD when I got it to replace the NEFI Triangle loss. In case you hadn't seen the post on it over on my Warbirds Squadron thread, here's the link to post #27 http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-...7726#post47726
                          Look at the centerline drop and forward dorsal scoop added to make it look more scale
                          That is nice! Did you add some forward rake to your gear? I had little joy on grass until I did that and I still got to be careful. Are you using the insane 7.2v extra battery set up through their electronics for the led and retracts?

Comment

That is nice! Did you add some forward rake to your gear? I had little joy on grass until I did that and I still got to be careful. Are you using the insane 7.2v extra battery set up through their electronics for the led and retracts?
                            Did the rake using 1/8 spacer, and am using the FW P-51 wheels and am having no issues on the grass. My set up didn't require an extra battery so not sure what your referring to. The control box they provided takes care of that 7.2v for the retract controller and so far does it well. I added landing gear lights that on/off with the retracts and two strobing red beacon lights to that control box with no issues. I added a Scorpion Backup Guard as insurance in case the BEC has a failure. Did that to my PBJ(LX B-25) and will do so to my new P-38. Just something I've started doing to all my "big guns".
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Ben,
                              I have the older Starmax version of the Skyraider, but my buddy Tom has the HSD. We flew them together yesterday. Check out the video of the chase. You can fast forward to the footage if you want. (7:20)

Comment

• This is the field of one of the clubs I'm joining. During the winter months there is a lake
                                that forms and you know what that means😀

California Flier

Comment

• Sounds awesome Highpoint, nothing like year round. I'm thinking of investing in some skis for one of the Pandoras, just for the fun of it.
                                  since the thread is 'Places You Fly"
                                  I'd like to direct your attention to Captain Kevin Frasier's You Tube page whee he has posted a bunch of videos of us guys at NEFI, spent all last night in front of the TV watching them on the big screen, great stuff!!
                                  Love flying rc models my favorite our warbirds. But put a great jet in my hands & i forget everything. The look the speed the sound what a adrenillin rush. Butt all n all i love flying any bird that comes my way. Love flying with other pilots with the same passion. We our the heavens angels. Its all about fun fellowship & flying till your hearts content. Happy flying everyone.

Grosssman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Did the rake using 1/8 spacer, and am using the FW P-51 wheels and am having no issues on the grass. My set up didn't require an extra battery so not sure what your referring to. The control box they provided takes care of that 7.2v for the retract controller and so far does it well. I added landing gear lights that on/off with the retracts and two strobing red beacon lights to that control box with no issues. I added a Scorpion Backup Guard as insurance in case the BEC has a failure. Did that to my PBJ(LX B-25) and will do so to my new P-38. Just something I've started doing to all my "big guns".
                                    If you get bored, can you send me a pic of your control box set up in that plane? I have a separate life battery to power the 7.2v system. I ordered mine without the ESC and used one of the tried and tested FMS ESC out of a 1700mm warbird.

Comment

• Here's another NEFI 2016 video by Kevin at the Muncie, IN , AMA field.
                                      3 FlightLineRC warbirds in the air together.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

If you get bored, can you send me a pic of your control box set up in that plane? I have a separate life battery to power the 7.2v system. I ordered mine without the ESC and used one of the tried and tested FMS ESC out of a 1700mm warbird.
                                        Here ya go Ben.............
                                        Attached Files
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• My flying field in San Pedro called Field of Dreams. Its a huge soccer field and we use the parking lot as a runway. Just have to be careful with the parking bumpers.
                                          Me flying the P-51 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxCgd8Y8v5g

Friend flying his Freewing 70mm F-104 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkVdURcdvQ0

Friend flying a Virage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbENqgnJB6k

Comment

Working...
                                          X