Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places you fly. Post your videos.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah that Lon is one lucky buggar to have a facility like that to hang out at and fly from.
    Their club house is a two story building which is damn near bigger than the house I live in.
    Lon.....how does your club get away with not having a big X at the ends of the runways as a notification to full size that it is not a viable strip??
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
      Yeah that Lon is one lucky buggar to have a facility like that to hang out at and fly from.
      Their club house is a two story building which is damn near bigger than the house I live in.
      Lon.....how does your club get away with not having a big X at the ends of the runways as a notification to full size that it is not a viable strip??
      Hmmm...I wasn't aware of that requirement for RC field runways.
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• You may want one of the club officers to check with the closest full size airport for a ruling. Because you guys have updated your strips from a solid center line to a dashed center line as well as adding the striped thresholds on all ends could be a problem. A full scale could interpret those markings from a distance using VFR as a viable strip. An X at each end near the threshold is an accepted practice that complies with FAA regs on a closed runway marking.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• At my house https://youtu.be/WlV6H0L9tBw

Comment

• Flying "season"? What's that?

Comment

• Hey Scott! First of all, welcome to the forum!!
              That could be my neck of the woods as well. Wyoming is covered in the white stuff, can't even get near the field!
              I've flown in December when I could find a clear spot to take off and land, I've also contemplated the skis as well, good idea.
              Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Here is a link to video I made of my Pilatus Porter which shows our field here in Canberra

VQ's new 2.1m Pilatus Porter. It has all the stronger construction aspects of the 2.7m version but fits (just) in a sedan with fold down rear seats. Footage ...

Comment

• Great video and a beautiful airstrip.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    I've also contemplated the skis as well, good idea.
                    Grossman56
                    Gman.........Don't know why you have not put a set of DuBro skis on that Pandora?? Motion has em ;)
                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• "Cause I'm just plain lazy!!
                      There's a plan though, keeping me busy......

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Dan your the first I've seen admit it. Takes alot of thought and planning to get too get things going. By that time it wears a person out. I feel ya man.
                        Dewey l

Comment

• Here is our grass field. It's about 500ft long with some small pines at one end. Its a good place to fly. But it will find weak landing gear.
                          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• This doesn't show too much of our field, but it does show our view from the flight line.
                            My cousin making a low pass over the runway.

https://<iframe src="https://www.fac...rue"></iframe>

If that doesn't work here the link to the facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Tri-Coun...=page_internal

And the link to the club website. www.tcrcbuzzards.com http://www.tcrcbuzzards.com/videos.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                              Dan your the first I've seen admit it. Takes alot of thought and planning to get too get things going. By that time it wears a person out. I feel ya man.
                              LOL!!
                              Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Batteries charged...at one of my flying sites. Dang! This fog going to ever lift? This will be my first flights of the new year.
                                Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Got some more flights in today. 6 flights with the 38, and 2 with the F-86. Only bad thing today is i've found out my battery in the Mobius will not hold a charge. Dang! So this video is a short one for sure before the camera shut down. Today is the second day of flying the Silver P-38 with the optional FlightLineRC P-38L Sport Power Set. WARNING!! Scale police will find the two blade props not to their liking on the video.Watch at your own risk. Side effects: Uncontrollable verbal bursts of "Eww!" "Yuk!"

Lon

Comment

• I will politely look away on the 2 blades mister...But 6 flights??? ROCK STAR! :)
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      I will politely look away on the 2 blades mister...But 6 flights??? ROCK STAR! :)
                                      Lon ought to be one :cool:....................He's a Forktailaholic like you!! I agree in politely looking away from his 2 blade :dodgy: beam me up Scoooty (no I didn't misspell) attempt to be faster than everyone else this year @ NEFI. ;)
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                        I will politely look away on the 2 blades mister...But 6 flights??? ROCK STAR! :)
                                        Oh yes, 6 flights!! It was cold out, but no wind. Trying to make up time for the last 6-7 weeks of no fly time here.
                                        Lon

Comment

• Or, the Lon Man may be up to something more sinister!!! Note the high speed system on the P-38....Charlie Brown might watch this and see the actual speed I'm going to lay on him at Nefi...better shut her down now and surprise him!!!

MMMMAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Better watch out Charlie Brown!!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X