• Show
Clear All

• Elbee
    commented on 's reply
    Now where's the fun in that?

• davegee
    replied
    Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    Bent-Wing Brethren, things always take longer than ya think.

I have added/replaced some exterior details. I added a fuel filler cap like many others have and a panel that hides a magnet in the hatch.

I will use the 3DP Mickey Mouse key (Magnet) to pull up the battery hatch. It has a .25 square magnet printed inside.

I also replaced the cowl 'dzus fasteners' strips which I thought were thick and the two on the sides were high.

With the 'checkers on the cowl ring, things are finally starting to look like a Corsair again.

I hope to get the bottom sprayed white this weekend and possibly even some color...well, I can only hope. .

So more when there is more.

Happy Independence Day (Treason Day to our British cousins) to all. Best, LB
    Looking fabulous, LB!! What squadron will this plane depict?

Thanks,

Davegee

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Bent-Wing Brethren, things always take longer than ya think.

I have added/replaced some exterior details. I added a fuel filler cap like many others have and a panel that hides a magnet in the hatch.

I will use the 3DP Mickey Mouse key (Magnet) to pull up the battery hatch. It has a .25 square magnet printed inside.

I also replaced the cowl 'dzus fasteners' strips which I thought were thick and the two on the sides were high.

With the 'checkers on the cowl ring, things are finally starting to look like a Corsair again.

I hope to get the bottom sprayed white this weekend and possibly even some color...well, I can only hope. .

So more when there is more.

Happy Independence Day (Treason Day to our British cousins) to all. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    commented on 's reply
    Hah, thanks. It's the match to my old drafting table. I bought both from Cessna back in the mid-80's when they went to CAD instead of hand drafting. I still use the drafting table as my building bench. I need to take all the slop/play out of the chair, but the idea is sound. Best, LB

• Grossman56
    replied
    Looks good Elbee, I really like your 'Lazy Susan' repurposed swivel chair, never thought of that but I have some old swivel chairs I could do that with, great repurposing idea!

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Corsair Crowd, Third coat of 'filler' primer, though yet to be wet-sanded, and the 'pebbles' are much less noticeable. Hoping this will be the last round. I am using a Krylon filler primer, I don't think it is as heavy as the Rust-Oleum filler primer and it goes down much more smoothly, so it might take another round. I know it will 'gator' some no matter what, but it's tough to not want a great finish for the first check flight and finish photos. More when there's more. Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    Elbee, just re-read your sign off signature again: "You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first." I Definitely got the last part down extremely well, just wonder when/if the first part will ever show up.
    Hugh, I will have to back to you on that Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• jwalk2c
    replied
    Hi everyone. I just posted a New In Box in the for-sale forum.
    I am located in Claremont NC, for local pickup only, please.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Elbee, just re-read your sign off signature again: "You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first." I Definitely got the last part down extremely well, just wonder when/if the first part will ever show up.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Aros , thank you, Bro, patience is virtue and a skill I have to work on everyday, . Best to you and yours, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	archer-danger-zone.gif
Views:	415
Size:	921.9 KB
ID:	348718

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Outstanding LB. I marvel at your skill and patience. Two things I lack.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    "Looks pretty okay"? ...
    Hugh, She whose authority exceeds my rank keeps me reigned in when I begin to think I'm "special" and that's probably not a bad thing really.

I do thank you for your continued interest in my Corsair build. Builds always take longer than I think and I enjoy the journey every time.

Priming the fuselage and getting her ready for paint is the next step.

More when there is more. Best, LB

Name:	archer-amazing.gif
Views:	508
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	348706

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    Corsair Connoisseurs, finished checking all the boxes on the cowl ring. Looks pretty okay, I think. :LB
    "Looks pretty okay"? Now is not the time to be humble! If it was me, I'd have said something like this is Damn Incredible, so put that in your pipe and smoke it if you think anyone else could do half as well! I would also say almost no one else would even attempt to do the impossible that you've just actually accomplished! This should tour as a museum piece at the Smithsonian.

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Corsair Connoisseurs, finished checking all the boxes on the cowl ring. Looks pretty okay, I think. I do not believe I could have done this any other way, but someone out there probably knows an easier route. In any event, I am pleased with the outcome. More when there is more. Best, :LB

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Very nice

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Just need to hook them up to a servo to actuate open and close and that would be next level epic
    RM, I did. My bad, I forgot to send you the memo. Works great. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0977.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	348162

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Just need to hook them up to a servo to actuate open and close and that would be next level epic

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Hey Elbee ...

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	535
Size:	743.2 KB
ID:	348135

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, Hugh. It was you and your original idea that got me to thinking it could be done. Yeah, it does look pretty slick in that picture. Best, Steve

• Elbee
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, it worked out. Just wish I'd thought to try this approach 7 weeks ago. LOL! Sometimes it's better to go 'old school' in practice and use the newer tech as the facilitator instead of always thinking newer can solve everything. LMAO! Best, Steve
Working...
X