X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep,
    I’ve seen 4 different engines in these now and they all need tail weight. I used the ignition battery all the way into the tail to not add any lead

Comment

• A quick little video of 2 passes of the Fw-190, one at a low power setting and the second earning its keep!!

have to say i'm a sucker for the first pass

thanks

dave

Comment

• Just curious how a DA-100 would power this plane? I have one new in box without a home.. or would it be better to sell the 100 and get a 120-150 from DA assuming I’m staying with a DA twin.

Comment

• Recently acquired one of these new in box with a da120. Anyone here have experience with that plane/engine combo? I assume it’ll have plenty power. Any insight on balancing with the DA120??

Comment

• Well it seems I'm late to the game but, after a great demo of black horse birds at our recent fly in I got a 190 and I love it. Wanted to go electric but am leaning on a radial (I'm an old school A&P mechanic so I just love em). Any updates/input from you 190 owners? Asking for a friend who has a plane problem!

Comment

• Got one of these coming next week. Fly some turbine jets but there is something I like even more with the sound of the big four stroke radial engines. Thanks Ticketer for the info about the 125 being not enough, that's what I thought when I saw that video. Going to sell a X-45 and foam MIG 17 soon so I can get the UMS 180 for it.
              Hope it arrives alright

Matt
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally I flew mine with a DLE-130 and it was way too much power for it. I’ve also seen one fly with a 120 and again, it was more than plenty.

as for balance. I put my battery’s just very slightly in front of the CoG. So no need to go crazy with nose weight with this one.

when I upgraded to the radial, I’ve had to put all 3 batteries in the tail. Actually the packs are under the removable hatch next to the Tailwheel, so a little unusual for a big warbird.

Comment

• Can I ask a question
                  Are the newer versions still fully sheeted airframes?

As if I pull the trigger I would like to glass it.

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I don’t think they would have changed the small lightening holes. I just filled mine and then glassed it.

I was lazy and laser cut little ovals to fill the kit ones but they are different sizes so wasn’t as big of a benefit is it could have been. Compared to the work of glassing, filling in the lightening holes is only a small amount of work

Comment

• Really don’t understand the trouble they go to to put the lightening holes in these warbirds. Saves what maybe a few ounces at best but sure creates a lot of extra work.

Comment

• Is any body worried about the carbon fiber thats in the fuse for radio interference? I just got mine and i think they did a great job on the covering im hoing to keep it this way think it looks awsome

Comment

• What do you think about the UMS 150 radial for this bird? I read the 125 was too little power and 180 was over kill.

​​​​

Comment

• How much flap are people using there callin for 20 mm. Actually all the throws seem minimal. I too am worried about radio interferance with the carbon. Thoughts

Comment

• can't comment on the carbon issue other than Its not full carbon, Position the antenna/s accordingly and maybe additional satellite antennas.

As for flap, This model has very little weight for its size, and a big radial cowl up front. I find that it has very little momentum, and with the drag of the cowl, that I never use full flap. it slows the model down way to quickly ad she stops flying just a quick. My part flap position would have to be between the 15-20mm range and its always been enough in all wind conditions

Comment

• Thank u for your response i have flaps on a 3 position switch but mite change that to 2 position as i really dont think it will need take of flaps. Im going with a ums 150 and dont really know wut diameter and pitch to use the factory ran it with a 2 blade. 28x10 and got 5300 on ground adrian at c h ignition said to high and he would try a 28x14. 2 blade just trying to figure out wut that woul equal to in a 3 blade. Any thoughts?.

Comment

• yeah 5300 on the ground is too high, it will unload in flight and you will be well above the max 5400rpm figure. I'm running a 26x16 3 blade bilea Fw-190 shaped prop so the 25x14 3 bade should work with the 150

Comment

• I have a friend working on the Black-horse FW190 for me. He said there is a problem putting the UMS 180 engine on the firewall. I have looked at that great video someone has on YouTube with that engine on it. My buddy clued me in and if you freeze and zoom in the part where the engine is mounted and the cowl is off, you can see that the bottom left bolt on the engine mount is not there. Is that the way this was flown, what needs to be done to mount the engine? I know it is possible. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
                                    Matthew
                                    Fox Valley Aeroclub, ST. Charles, IL

Comment

• Need more info like which video you were watching in order to help

Comment

• The one posted by you I believe. It says ticketec on YouTube. In the video you can see that the covering was removed and done more scale with the rivets etc. If that's yours, great work and nice flight.

Matthew

Comment

• Yeah that’s me

No it never even ran in that state. The solution was just to have the head of the screw on the inside. From memory I also had to remove a little material from the engine sidewall plates that stuck out proud of the firewall plate. Not all of it but just the bare minimum to get the engine mounted flat.

the firewall does compress a little so every 5 or so flights I rechecked the engine mount bolts. After the third check they had stop moving too much.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X