Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is not the night version, but I doubt that the it makes that much of a difference.
    Here's where I placed my 5000 and my 4500's (Admirals) and the plane flies like a dream. At first I had the same frustration trying to figure out the CG and how some guys had run a 6300 in this plane! I followed RM's advice and its great.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200909_173030.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	273607
    Just check your throttle as well, the only thing I found that wasn't explained in the manual is that you have to adjust the timing on the throttle from the radio. Easily done, see post #32.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

A question about the throttle on my RV8, when I take the throttle stick all the way down the propeller slams to a stop, some sort of dynamic braking I guess. I have never seen it on any of my other electrics. Is this normal and a requirement for this plane or should it be turned off? Where is this setting found, I have a Spektrum DX9.

Comment

Mirion,

What you are seeing is a hard break by the ESC. This is the default setting on the ESC from Flex. Not sure why they did it this way because it is stupid. I reprogrammed mine for a soft brake which is normal for sport planes. I had to calibrate the ESC because the motor would not engage until almost half throttle. You will need the manual to get the correct throttle movements to reset the brake. Unfortunately, I do not have the manual anymore.

Comment

Some great support from the guys on the RV8 owners Facebook page.
          Flex Innovations Owners Group is an open forum for discussion on all things Flex! Share tips and tricks, photos, videos, what you flew this weekend etc. No advertising, no politics, no spam and...

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

I found out how to turn the "hard brake" off, it is in the manual for the ZTW speed control. Below is an excerpt from the manual for turning the brake off. The manual can be found on-line.​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_61240.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	274242

Comment

Don't forget to calibrate the ESC with the motor. Good luck. Flex just replaced my motor due to a bad bearing or magnet. Motor, batteries and ESC were coming down to hot to touch. I have a new Avian 100 AMP ESC which I am installing and a Power 60 motor as backup.

Comment

Did some FPV action in my RV8, including some nice flatspins

Comment

More fpv from the rv8

Comment

Working...
                  X