Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just looked at the Motion website hard to believe they are selling this model for $950 when I paid 500 for mine plus electron landing gear

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehockey View Post
      Hey Jet
      My actual name is Lou, I use the Joe Hockey call sign because I coached Junior hockey for 13 years lol !
      I agree that BH is not a pleasant overall experience, but for about 4 years that has a guy named Alex that was 100% more Transparent then “Pete” and Alex was willing to listen and actually take action on product problems. I own two of the 79” LX P40ties, both heavily modified with $1000 each in upgrades flying on 5 and 7 years respectively.
      I told LX of the mods, they wont listen, they make an overall good product but the retracts are crap !

Back on the subject, the problem with China factories and global factories period is that some will cut corners when no one is looking. So we have troops on the ground that do surprise audits at pre-production, 25% production and pre shipping. You will find when you do this you see if the company is following protocol.
      We import foods and food/toy product heavily audited by FDA and so many other USA departments, so as you can imagine its not about a control horn or shotty tail set up, its about human safety. The stakes are high and you learn a lot of the global culture. You have to have a posted “Anti Bribery” clause so they understand if you attempt to bribe the Auditor, business will end + a financial penalty.

CMP - the brand is coming back under different ownership, I can’t release the info on the first model but I can tell you its a 1000% better then the last production from the original CMP . I am super excited and I am actually supposed to receive a test model in the next 90 days.

Thanks for your military service and congrats in the engineering, I meet a lot of guys in the hobby that are engineers, pilots and x-military. The hobby is a great way to enjoy and preserve the history of these great planes.
      Also thanks for the tips on fixing the tail, I did follow your cure and as stated sure enough it fixed everything. I have the large Dauntless ( new in box ) from a closeout deal a few years back, I wont spend one min on stock parts, going right to the soder option on the pushrods lol !
      Lou,
      Glad the tail wheel thing worked. I have the LX P-40 Giant and it’s CRAP to! When I opened the box, the wings came out warped, and BH CSR told me not to worry. When I told them I was worried, they told me to cut out new holes for the wing spar (spar tube was way off alignment) and make it work. Well, to make a long story short, they gave me a full refund and let me keep the wings. After much work and a couple of tricks I pulled out of my ass, I got it together and everything was good. Since then, it’s been sitting on a shelf waiting to breath air. Don’t know if and when I’ll fly it, but when I do, I might just take it up the a couple hundred feet and RAMROD it into the ground.
      Please keep me on the CMP thing, I’d like to know when we can start buying...

Comment

• Hey Jet, I did major mods as stated to my first one but I was very lucky no warps at all . I just did not like 17 gram servos on an 79” Warbird, despite the fact that the servos were digital.
        On my second P40 , I personally spoke with Alex before the model was shipped. I bought the kit version knowing I was upgrading all the parts.
        My wings arrived so warped that it was useless but Alex personally checked my next model and sent new wings . As stated he was not like Pete, he was good for BH but not sure what happened to him.
        In both P40ties i Have over $100 in carbon rods, new retracts, 110 motor, 100amps esc, custom battery box, powered sliding canopys, animated pilots, scratch built interiors, all new servos, Biella gas prop, $100 spinner 3 blade, custom prop extension , new paint lol. I think the model cost me more then my orginal 1/5 scale Pica P40 lol
        Definitely keep you posted on the CMP line, they are testing shipping now to gauge cost and packing
        Attached Files

Comment

• Ok promise no more post outside of the Bearcat lol
          My neck servo making the pilots head turn broke , so now he only moves at the waste line lol , kind of stiff

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehockey View Post
            Hey Jet, I did major mods as stated to my first one but I was very lucky no warps at all . I just did not like 17 gram servos on an 79” Warbird, despite the fact that the servos were digital.
            On my second P40 , I personally spoke with Alex before the model was shipped. I bought the kit version knowing I was upgrading all the parts.
            My wings arrived so warped that it was useless but Alex personally checked my next model and sent new wings . As stated he was not like Pete, he was good for BH but not sure what happened to him.
            In both P40ties i Have over $100 in carbon rods, new retracts, 110 motor, 100amps esc, custom battery box, powered sliding canopys, animated pilots, scratch built interiors, all new servos, Biella gas prop, $100 spinner 3 blade, custom prop extension , new paint lol. I think the model cost me more then my orginal 1/5 scale Pica P40 lol
            Definitely keep you posted on the CMP line, they are testing shipping now to gauge cost and packing
            WOW!!!
            That’s some great work there... But I would never put that kinda effort in a plane this, just not worth it to me. If it goes down, it’s going down with minimal $$$ with it. Now my balsa birds, that’s a whole nother thing.

Comment

• I understand however because I knew the model was a proven great flyer, I made the investment in time.
              I have built too many kits to count and heading back in my collection as i get closer to retirement. However as you know, wood, glass or foam, a great model is a great model and a lemon is a lemon despite the material that makes the model.

I started this Bearcat hoping for a seem-less build wrong lol so I am running a duel project on an old ARF 40Kaos to go with my 60 size version.
              When that 40 size Kaos was released e-power was not popular. So now myself building a new firewall with new holes & standoffs for the eflight 40.
              I am cutting into the fuselage building a battery box, lipo door, bla bla bla lol , nothing is simple.

Comment

• Hello to all my fellow Bearcat builders.
                I am SELLING MY BEARCAT!!!
                I would rather not part it out, but I might if the right prices are there. So there it is, if you need something, msg me and we’ll make a deal. I’m not planning on including any electronics, just what came in the box. The canopy is cracked (small hole back left), came that way and it’s been out of stock FOREVER!!!
                I will include my tail mods including the servo, would be kinda a pain to remove it. There are no gear doors PERIOD and DON’T ask please! Everything else is ok.

The first person to show me $400 or B/O, wins the prize. I might even build a box for Greyhound shipping.

Comment

• What I was trying to say earlier about putting in the detail work ON A BIRD, is when I find out my purchase is not a LEMON. I love doing the detail work, but it’s really hard to get motivated when there’s a problem around every!;)&!(; CORNER! Someone please take this bird off my hands, or I might do something crazy with it.

Make me an offer n let’s talk...

Comment

• Jetman,
                    I’m very interested. I’m a huge Bearcat fan, my grandfather flew the real thing. I currently have a Flightline Bearcat and ready to move up to a bigger one. Feel free to email me at mzackman@yahoo.com
                    thanks,
                    Matt

Comment

• Hey Jet, I get it ! I took a few weeks off the Bearcat to convert a 45 size Kaos over to electric power. Now I have fresh look back at the Bearcat project and ready to star where I left off.
                      My goal with any model, kit, ARF is that when I say its ready to fly, outside of trimming and first flight maintenance changes, I want to be doe with the assembly process.
                      I have a long way to go to make the tail wheel very reliable, the fuselage servo connections safe and secure my lipos in the best position.
                      I also want to devise a better method of attaching the canopy as others did with magnets. I want to have quick access to the lipos in the event of a problem .
                      I am glad that I have taken on the Bearcat first vs my Giant Scale Dauntless, I prefer to make all my mistakes on the Bearcat vs the Dauntless

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1E1560C4-5D75-4379-96D2-D049C5421AD1.png
Views:	526
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	296113 Looking for paints schemes as get ready to repaint my Cat after repairing the tail.
                        I found a few that really stand out.

Comment

• You could use your imagination... Click image for larger version

Name:	F449_Bearcat_USSR.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	296178

Comment

• Now, I like that!

Comment

• BLASPHEMY!!! A red Bearcat!? Even Grumman’s demo wasn’t truly red......close, tho.

Comment

• Turned my nexa f8f into a rare bear. Havent flown it yet. Waiting forspring. Have to run in the saito 60 ccr3.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DC3CE48F-ECD0-4782-B1F8-3E948B7974E5.jpeg
Views:	572
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	303865 Mine flies great, still need to refinish the tail end!

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                                    Turned my nexa f8f into a rare bear. Havent flown it yet. Waiting forspring. Have to run in the saito 60 ccr3.
                                    Love the rare bear!!! I want to do something similar with a saito fg-60 or 90. I've been looking for a platform to put a saito radial in.

Really great work on this!!

Comment

• Finally got around to cutting the rudder free so i can recover it and the vertical fin. Once i peeled the covering off i removed the remaining adhesive with mineral spirits and the isopropyl alcohol. I will fill any void with spacklel compound and then use iron on fabric and paint to match.

Comment

• Almost done with mine not really happy with the quality but she will fly.

Comment

• First time using solartex. I really like this material.

Comment

Working...
                                          X