Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's interesting. My first flight I used a 4000 4s with it all the way forward and found it to be pretty good, I backed it back to the inboard battery strap but haven't tried it yet, now you guys are suggesting even further back, which is great as it gives me even more room to experiment. Thanks

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

With the 4S 4000, the forward battery strap just barely wraps around the end of the pack. I bet you'll find she behaves a little better. And don't forget to remove a little up trim. ;)
      Pat

Comment

Did you mix any up elevator in with your flaps?

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Not on mine. She seems to have no ballooning with flaps. It feels very locked in on the decent to landing.
          Pat

Comment

Gotcha, I'll give it a try!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

As the weather was being uncooperative yesterday, I started doing rivet detail on the P40. I have a small plastic ruler with cm increments on it, so I spaced my 'rivets' 1/2 cm apart and it looks good. You can increase the size of the rivets by inserting the pin further but I went pretty subtle on it and it looks great. It's one of those details that your not going to notice from ten feet away, but as you get closer, it a oh wow kind of moment. One other thing I did that's so simple is to add the front sight as well. I took a toothpick and cut it and painted it black and voila, looks perfect! don't know why they didn't do that from the factory with a plastic piece, but whatever. Also used testors chrome paint on the back of the wheels and the grey parts of the struts, then painted the rims around the hubs as well, generally cleans it up.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                One other thing I did that's so simple is to add the front sight as well. I took a toothpick and cut it and painted it black and voila, looks perfect! don't know why they didn't do that from the factory with a plastic piece, but whatever.
                Grossman56
                I've wondered why the rear sight is offset to the right. Anyone know?

CR

Comment

I'm not sure, but it was that way on the real ones as well, strange. It might have something to do with the air intake getting in the way of the sights.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Anyone tried 5500's?

Comment

Hey all. Can someone tell me the diameter of the spinner plate that the prop screws on to. Trying to see if it would work on the durafly p-40n since the replacement spinners are never coming back in stock. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by sfninerfan69 View Post
                        Hey all. Can someone tell me the diameter of the spinner plate that the prop screws on to. Trying to see if it would work on the durafly p-40n since the replacement spinners are never coming back in stock. Thanks in advance
                        Just measured a spare spinner I have, 3 5/16 inches outside to outside.
                        Has anyone ever modded the tail wheel doors to retract by pushing a spring like the Tigercat and the Avanti do?? I'm just trying to find a spring that works. Ever notice how few small springs we have in 'normal' life??

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Dan......remember me doing that Tigercat door setup to the 1500 Razors tail doors? Looks like the same can be done to the Warhawk with about a 1.5 inch ball point pen spring.
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'll try that CB, it's a much better method than the spring setup from the factory.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Just received mine from motion Tuesday and and sure was a breeze to put together, they seem to have stepped up the quality in the hinges and control rods from previous fms models.
                              i have quite a fleet of fms stuff now and I really like how they fly.

Comment

Rrman, you'll love this plane! It's even better with a 6s system, but is no slacker in the stock config either.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Hi guys, as soon as this virus “stay in home” is lifted, I’m gonna maiden my new P40b. Is everyone still happy with the Admiral 4000 just at the first battery Velcro? Just barely covering the ring hole? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    Yeah, I hear you, I got rid of the yellow pupils in the eyes as well, and I agree that the slant isn't enough, they're almost vertical!
                                    The one thing I really didn't like was the Tiger emblem, they got that wrong. I had Callie make me new ones that are much more accurate as you can see from the before and after picture.
                                    As for the stock ESC, from the spare parts page, it will handle a 5s battery, so I'm thinking that route as well.

Grossman56
                                    Wow, I didn’t even notice the tiger but you’re right on that color. Yuck. I’ll get Callie to make me up some. She made my wheel covers for me.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I wrecked my P40 in a tree last year and it finally came down but the multi connector is not working! The one I received from Horizon Hobby was not correct, anyone have any suggestions???

Comment

Working...
                                      X