X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to all!!!
    I'm new to this group,as I'm trading for one of these today.
    I plan on using my pile of 3s batteries to fly her,and was wondering if anyone has any input on how she behaves on 3s.
    Thanks in advance for your help

Comment

• Mrdronenut I love this plane! One of my favorites if not my favorite to fly. Correct CG is crucial and pinning the tail. It flies great on 3s 2200 and 3300. And on 4s 2200 and 2500. Also, I take off with about 50% throttle rather than fight the torque. It flies great and takeoffs and landings aren't an issue if you're methodical. Grass may be more difficult, I fly from dirt.

Check out the RcGeeks review of this plane. Also the elevator throws in the book are too much. I'm pretty sure I used the book low rate for my high rate with some expo.

Comment

• Maiden in the bag. Flew on a 5000mah 3s. Installed a Lemon rx with stabilizer. Landed with 4.03 per cell aftrr around 4 minutes.
        Great flying plane.

Comment

• Un-packaged my "new" Ta152H last night, delivered by FedEx earlier in the day (Order # 669087 if anyone from MotionRC pays attention to these threads). Was a Christmas gift from my wife that she had patiently waited for to be back in stock.

All markings applied, very poorly I might add! (Weren't we supposed to be able to customize the markings with a decal sheet? None supplied...) Strike one. Wing halves fit was poor at best. Massive gap between the halves (I pressed on and epoxied the wings and associated parts together so I could assemble the model thinking I could overlook this imperfection). Strike two. This evening (I've haven't even had the airplane for 48 hours!) the left landing gear retract lunched itself after a few actuations. Strike three. (Left landing gear assemblies are out of stock at the moment.)

To say I am highly frustrated would be an understatement...and she hasn't even flown yet! I haven't even gotten through bench-testing for cryin' out loud.

The fact that the markings were already applied is highly suspect to me, really hoping I didn't get someone else's lemon that was cleverly re-packaged and passed off as new...I really hope MotionRC will make this right.

Neat looking model, was excited to give it a shot.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Update: Motion RC made right on my faulty retract unit. I was very happy with the customer service they provided. I followed RC Geek's lead and put two small pieces of sheet styrene in the retracts units so the struts don't hang vertically but have a slight inward cant to them, like the real one did.

Maidened her two weekends ago at the field and was impressed with her performance. I'm using a 3S 3700 mAh pack so she's a little heavier in the nose but that's OK to me.

She motors around pleasantly with the throttle around half to two-thirds...flights in excess of seven minutes are a piece of cake.

The only suggestion I have to those thinking about buying this model is to be very careful with the throttle/rudder on your takeoff roll. If you cob the power on she'll talk back...a smooth opening of the throttle and a simultaneous working of the rudder is required for straight takeoffs and climbouts. After my maiden I flew four flights and found that she loved breaking ground a few clicks above half-throttle, there was absolutely no need to make a full-power takeoff.

I am very pleased with this model and look forward to many more flights with it. A very cool addition to the fleet and one that isn't normally seen at the club.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20230305_215745.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	373753Click image for larger version

Name:	20230305_171005.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	373754Click image for larger version

Name:	20230305_170911.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	373755

Comment

• It truly is one of my favorite planes. And I wish they made a 2m version. It would be one of the coolest large warbirds out there.

Comment

• I agree. A 6S sized/powered Ta-152 would be a very interesting model. I can't see how it wouldn't be a pleasant flyer.

Comment

• I would think it would be a very fast model on 6s, and also look true to scale at speed. It was actually the first plane that I bought from MotionRC and attracted me to the company. (Which started a cascade of plane purchases from me.) I actually owned a Ta 152 that I flew on Nicad's and a speed 480, it was a rock with wings. But long beautiful wings!

One can dream, a 6s Ta-152 with lights, great retracts, how would it not fly great. It would probably sell great as well. Yes, the current version will bite you if you goose the throttle. But it is easily tamed. Once it's balanced well and you figure out the throttle it's actually fairly easy to fly. And looks awesome doing huge loops and cuban 8's.

It rolls well too. The factory throws on the elevator were ridiculous, even low rates are too much if I remember correctly. But I do switch to high rates for the ailerons, but not on takeoff and landing. You can't get away with scraping a tip with this plane. Fortunately I haven't yet but my old TA I repaired regularly from that, it was the early 90's, no gear, retracts were a fantasy still.

We are experiencing the best days of model aviation right now!

Comment

• Maiden'd my TA152 today, this is my second TA I stalled the first one a while back. Flew good but the ailerons are touchy so you don't need much, I flew on low rates. Used 4 cell 2500 50c packs and got about 5 minutes useful time. On takeoff you need to advance the throttle slowly and it rotates on half throttle. This model is quik and scoots right along. On landing I used one click of flaps and you need to keep the speed up or it may stall. I wanted to do the color scheme of yellow 1 but the markings were already applied for green 4, I may stripe these off at a later date. We fly on a paved runway and the wind with calm or right down the runway.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230405_121247.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	375212

Comment

• I shimmed the landing gear so it would resemble the real airplane. Click image for larger version

Name:	20230405_090440.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	375215

Comment

• I got mine this week and I know I am late to the game on this bird but I hope to fly her soon or I will wait until late Summer when the weather around Ohio and Kentucky is better, less windy and stormy days!!
                        Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Bearcat So fun to fly, don't punch it, ease into the throttle and let it get up to speed before liftoff, you'll love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                            Bearcat So fun to fly, don't punch it, ease into the throttle and let it get up to speed before liftoff, you'll love it!
                            I got to love it for a whole 15 seconds before I lost it in the background of the trees but I will replace it sometime but for now I will work on my other planes.
                            Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Bearcat Ooof, sorry buddy! It.is a worthy.plane to have!

Comment

• Just finished putting mine together. Another nice plane from Motion RC!
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Just finished putting mine together. Another nice plane from Motion RC! Click image for larger version

Name:	Flightline Ta 152H.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	392983

Comment

Working...
                                  X