Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xviper
    replied
    "Detrum" is the house brand for Dynam. Their motors have always had this brand on them as far as all my Dynam products I currently own. Have no idea what "Tomcat" is.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Baron
    replied
    I was looking at the motors on my B26 and the motors have Detrum stamped on them not Tomcat. Are these motors the same with a different name stamped on them?

Leave a comment:

• themudduck
    replied
    Something cool I just saw posted on Facebook, although it was originally from 2015 - a 360-degree view of the inside of the Marauder's cockpit - from the USAF museum in Dayton OH.

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/coc...r/WWII-10.html

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Indeed I've had a few landing gear issues with my 38 as well. But the 26 seems so smooth, it's gear should last the life of the plane.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    yeah once I got the spare parts in and put them all together (even the top wing hatch fit perfect afterwords) with the tail and tail spacer, the rest is all stock and it flys perfect. I would venture to say just as well as my flight line P38 and no thats not stretching, its from my experience with both planes.
    Interesting that you compared the B-26 to the P-38, which I also have both of. I never thought of it much but you are right about the 26 being as good a flyer as the 38. In fact, I would put the 26 just ahead of the 38 in several catagories. It flies just a bit better. It lands a lot better for just about every landing while the P-38 is a heavy plane and can come down a bit hard and beat up the gear on rough ground. Both planes take a bit of planning to do a loop (ie, mine won't just come loping in level flight and do a loop by just giving it max throttle). The 26 takes off with less fanfare. The 38 needs a longer run.
    Admittedly, the 38 has much more presence in the air. It just looks so much more aggressive than the 26, which can start to be a little bland after a while. I find myself flying the 26 much more because it can be loaded up easily (whole) into the car. The 38 needs a wingtip removed first.
    I've flown the two about the same number of flights now. The B-26 has never had a mishap or needed repair while the P-38 has needed retract replacement and some repair due to one retract not coming down. The 38 has bounced a few landings.

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    yeah once I got the spare parts in and put them all together (even the top wing hatch fit perfect afterwords) with the tail and tail spacer, the rest is all stock and it flys perfect. I would venture to say just as well as my flight line P38 and no thats not stretching, its from my experience with both planes.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Baron
    replied
    I'm starting to lose interest in in my B-26 fixing all the problems this plane has for a PNP. I am thinking of boxing the thing up and put it in storage and order a Freewing or Flightline plane since I know the quality of these planes This B-26 is pretty low quality in my book.

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    I love my bird, don't know what's different but I was able to do a level flight loop with 5000 packs all day. Mine flys beautifully. And seems pretty fast compared to what some were saying they reported. I need to gps it and see exactly what it's doing but it looks to be mid 60s in speed. All I know is it's a hell of a lot of fun and I can run it level at less than half throttle.

Leave a comment:

• quitcherbitchen
    replied
    Decided to go for maximum bomb load.

Leave a comment:

• ryramZ
    replied
    Originally posted by gixster View Post
    just picked up the b26, went together well just a couple flap hinges were not glued well, easy fix though. My biggest problem is that the decals will not come off the sheet, not sure whats going on there. anyone else have issues with the stock decals?
    They're water slide decals.

Leave a comment:

• gixster
    replied
    just picked up the b26, went together well just a couple flap hinges were not glued well, easy fix though. My biggest problem is that the decals will not come off the sheet, not sure whats going on there. anyone else have issues with the stock decals?

Leave a comment:

• quitcherbitchen
    replied
    I pretty much hollowed out the bomb bay. I will move the servos to under the turret and make a box for the bomb bay and wing hold downs. everyone should check their hold downs. Mine was missing a nut. Very important.

Leave a comment:

• handyman220
    replied
    Originally posted by arbfrank View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the replies, I have hung the B-26 up until winter, will attack problems then, using your suggestions.
    Frank Arbaugh
    I have been doing the same with mine, a little bit here a little bit there. Kind of fix the problems as they show up while doing the final assembly. Somehow every plane I put together takes me longer than they say. :Straight-Face:

Leave a comment:

• arbfrank
    replied
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the replies, I have hung the B-26 up until winter, will attack problems then, using your suggestions.
    Frank Arbaugh

Leave a comment:

• Mike O.
    replied
    Mike. O, if you haven't done so already, check the flap hinges (many of us found they aren't glued on well) and epoxy the wing mounting pads in the fuselage. More swearing! Its a shame that we have to fix so many things and unfortunately I feel that the P-61 will be exactly the same in these respects. (the pic on the Banggood site shows the same ridiculous race-car tires for example, I guess I need to order more wheels). But all that time correcting these quality issues resulted in a great model that looks great, its solid and flies very well. I'm very pleased with my B-26 and I know that I'm going to really like the Widow. Totally cool and unique models get my motor running. Thanks themudduck........

Thanks is in order for a friend and master builder here in Tucson for helping to straighten out the myriad of faults with this plane. All the things you mentioned and a few more were corrected. I have the P-38 and the Tigercat and those went together perfectly. I had been out of the R/C stuff for 20 years and in between life changes required some changes in my modeling. Lack of building space for R/C stuff forced me to go electric. I had been a plastic scale modeler in recent years so building and detailing were enjoyable. The plastic stuff is not always perfect either. I got spoiled early with the P-38 and the Tigercat. I have owned the Dynam BF-110 and that had some faults too. Gave that one to a new kid in the group and he flies it like a champ.

Leave a comment:

• TiredIronGRB
    replied
    Hi Tirediron,
    I lifted the wing as far as the wiring would allow. I checked that the collar was not slipping but how hard is it to disconnect/re-connect all the wires holding the wing. I could not get it very high when checking the collar. Had all the wires bundled where the battery hatch is. I guess I have to unbundle to get enough slack to rotate the wing to push the support block down the pushrod. Do you think it would be easier to cut a hatch in the tail and mount the support for the pushrod thru it? Hell, I might as well create a bomb bay in the process! This could keep me busy this winter and stop me buying planes to keep busy! I guess every cloud has a silver lining. This is my 36th foam plane!!!!! I am 80 and hope I live long enough to fly them all.
    Frank Arbaugh
    I un-bundled the wires and put my receiver under the wind to keep all that mess out of the battery bay, much cleaner and no worries of knocking something loose with the battery.

Leave a comment:

• Hardway
    replied
    You go Frank!!! God Bless you. Those wires will come out as a "unit" when you remove the wing. Just unbundle them and pull them out gently. It is a rat's nest to start with!! LOL You will be glad you did.... Many many more happy flights!!!!! Jerry And WELCOME to the Squawk!! :-)

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Absolutely! Tirediron is totally on point, you can just manually adjust the elevator a couple mils and you should get a similar effect. And gluing the block in place keeping the guides locked down will help alot

Leave a comment:

• arbfrank
    replied
    Hi Tirediron,
    I lifted the wing as far as the wiring would allow. I checked that the collar was not slipping but how hard is it to disconnect/re-connect all the wires holding the wing. I could not get it very high when checking the collar. Had all the wires bundled where the battery hatch is. I guess I have to unbundle to get enough slack to rotate the wing to push the support block down the pushrod. Do you think it would be easier to cut a hatch in the tail and mount the support for the pushrod thru it? Hell, I might as well create a bomb bay in the process! This could keep me busy this winter and stop me buying planes to keep busy! I guess every cloud has a silver lining. This is my 36th foam plane!!!!! I am 80 and hope I live long enough to fly them all.
    Frank Arbaugh

Leave a comment:

• TiredIronGRB
    replied
    Hi Guys,
    I have quite a few Dynam planes and enjoy the challenge of fixing their flaws. This one may have me beat. Since I could not get the screws for the vertical stab to connect I glued it in lightly. Now I find that the horizontal stab needs a 1/8th inch shim and can not do it without cutting out the vertical stab glue! To make matters worse, the two push rods to the horizontal do not move each side equally! This I find is due to a flexing on one of the push rods, inside the tail. This plane looks great and makes a wonderful hangar queen! Major surgery on the tail would be needed to fix the flex. Is it worth the effort. Some people report that this is a handful to fly! Do all this work and crash of the maiden!!!!! I will hang it up and look at it over this winter. Any comment are greatly appreciated
    Frank Arbaugh
    Welcome to Hobby Squawk Frank, I had a few issues with mine as well but mostly just the common Dynam problems. As for the 1/8" wedge you don't have to have it but it does improve the handling, for the flex I was able to slide (and Foam-Tac) a block of foam between the fuse and control rod tube to keep it from flexing.

She's really a good flying plane with a little work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X