Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least its not your "special purpose" in the picture. Really awsome to see anything good about the hobby in print.
    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• When the various bomb bays are in service would guys please post your results. Im wondering how a bomb load might affect CG. Looks a little aft of CG. Rebalance with bomb load? Fwd CG after drop? Should get the rest of my familiarity flights in this weekend so my bay will be going in next week. Will be using grade A " hen" issued ordinance first. Adams to follow. Wouldnt mind some real world weight on the adam bombs also.
      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

• FYI - I received some spare parts for the B26 that I ordered a few days ago (just in case, I like to be prepared).

One of the items I ordered was the "main wing set ends". $22 for the pair, which is quite reasonable. In the picture they look like plain foam, but I was pleased to receive fully painted units with invasion stripes, and the flaps was there as well. (no flap hinges or hardware of course).

Here is the picture from the spare parts page. It depicts an unpainted panel without the flap.

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
          Your probably right I need to plug everything in a see if it works. On a side note, @ bob I think if you mount the Elevator and Rudder servos sideways you can make room for one more Adam Bomb. Of course, that means cutting out the stock mount and making a new one for horizontal higher up. Might have to redo the pushrods to higher up, but it should me minimal impact on the layout and CG. You would still have access to the servos too.
          Thanks Adam. i will check into moving the servos/pushrods. For now though I just want to get her in the air before any more changes.

Bob

Comment

• I found the weights. 67grams worth stuffed in the back. I cut the rear gunner position out to make it more scale. Found the weights. Knowing there was that much weight in the back I am moving the rudder and elevator servos out of the bomb bay completely. I will probably put them under the rear turret and make a hatch like a few other people. I put the incidence meter on the tail and stock it is at Zero.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	B-26 gear extended and L.L. on.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	95508Click image for larger version  Name:	B-26 gear setup with labels.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.4 KB ID:	95507 In the final throws of moding my B-26. With help from one of the guys at Robin's Hobby in Glendale, CA, I was able to first replace the red/green landing lights with white ones. Added new larger nav. lights (not the ones in the L.L. area) and covers. The covers are a little to big to be plush with the top and bottom of the wing tip, so I'm flushing it at the top and let it overhang the bottom (will add a piece of blu cor to create a fairing. The wiring setup allows the L.L. to go out when the gear is retracted and on when extended. With the L.L.on after I taxi in, I can turn them off using the Aux. 2 switch leaving the navs. on. If anyone would like to see and know about the wiring setup, I'll attempt to describe it later.
              Last edited by Bigrc2; Sep 4, 2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
                In the final throws of moding my B-26. With help from one of the guys at Robin's Hobby in Glendale, CA, I was able to first replace the red/green landing lights with white ones. Added new larger nav. lights (not the ones in the L.L. area) and covers. The covers are a little to big to be plush with the top and bottom of the wing tip, so I'm flushing it at the top and let it overhang the bottom (will add a piece of blu cor to create a fairing. The wiring setup allows the L.L. to go out when the gear is retracted and on when extended. With the L.L.on after I taxi in, I can turn them off using the Aux. 2 switch leaving the navs. on. If anyone would like to see and know about the wiring setup, I'll attempt to describe it later.
                You have been busy, Brent! I like the idea of on/off landing lights. I would like to do that to mine. If the brain trust up here cannot help, I will be picking your brain!

Bob

Comment

• Info will be appreciated. :Cool:

Woody

Comment

• I had two more perfect flights this weekend on the B 26. Very happy with this plane now. Would have had more but one of the guys gave my son a new plane and I was having more fun watching him fly for his first time without a buddy box. It keeps on showing me what a special hobby we have. And thankful it will continue to live on with him now too. Anyway here's his new plane

Comment

• Well I still have to fly my B-26 but it has been difficult between my job and the chores at the house. I am still in the build stage although I did get some painting done today on it maybe next week I can get the first flight on it.

Comment

• Hoping to maiden mine today. I haven't flown for a while, so I'll practice on a few others first.

Comment

• MIB66 , if you havent already, make sure your cg is 65mm or less. Some are flying at 55mm ,60 mm,65mm. It seems that no one flying beyond 65mm(i'm 60mm and love the way it flys). The plane is a widowmaker if tail heavy. Also give it 2-3 mm up elevator(i gave mine 1mm and had to give it most of my available trim. I ended up at 3mm. Really sucks to have to madly click trim on a maiden. Go easy on the elevator on take off to keep it from leaping into the air. Full flaps and bring it under a little power and its very easy to land. If I come in to fast it has a tendency to bounce. Hope this helps.

Comment

• That and you can run an 1/8" shim in the back of the tail so you won't have to use up the trim and the elevator flies more flat

Comment

• Working on my B-26. The inner flaps on mine do not work. I plugged the outer ones directly into my receiver and they work. Unfortunately they used some kind of glue to keep all the y connections together and I cannot pin down the problem. Any suggestions on how to get the connectors apart without destroying them?

Comment

• I ended up having to cut them out and replacing them on mine. Not a fan of the glue

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
                                  Click image for larger version Name:	B-26 gear extended and L.L. on.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	95508Click image for larger version Name:	B-26 gear setup with labels.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.4 KB ID:	95507 In the final throws of moding my B-26. With help from one of the guys at Robin's Hobby in Glendale, CA, I was able to first replace the red/green landing lights with white ones. Added new larger nav. lights (not the ones in the L.L. area) and covers. The covers are a little to big to be plush with the top and bottom of the wing tip, so I'm flushing it at the top and let it overhang the bottom (will add a piece of blu cor to create a fairing. The wiring setup allows the L.L. to go out when the gear is retracted and on when extended. With the L.L.on after I taxi in, I can turn them off using the Aux. 2 switch leaving the navs. on. If anyone would like to see and know about the wiring setup, I'll attempt to describe it later.
                                  The first pic shows the nav. and L.Ls on and gear extended. I can turn the L.L.s off and on with the Aux. 2 switch. Still trying to get it to happen automatically. The second has just the wiring needed to get the lights to work. Will post again as soon as I figure out the problem.
                                  Last edited by Bigrc2; Sep 5, 2017, 12:57 PM. Reason: additional pics and video

Comment

• Mix aux 2 with gear after you reverse aux 2. Freewing retracts work opposite everyone else, hence their sequencer works opposite what your trying to do.

i had same setup except futaba.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Diagram showing change in setup for L.L.-gears.jpg Views:	1 Size:	31.9 KB ID:	95672Click image for larger version  Name:	B-26 Gear up-L.L. out.jpg Views:	1 Size:	134.9 KB ID:	95673Click image for larger version  Name:	B-26 gear extended-L.L. on.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.1 KB ID:	95674
                                      Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                                      Mix aux 2 with gear after you reverse aux 2. Freewing retracts work opposite everyone else, hence their sequencer works opposite what your trying to do.

i had same setup except futaba.
                                      Thanks, Ryan, will do. First job in the am. When it works, I try to shoot a short vid. In the meanwhile, here's one more pic calling out the various wiring.

Comment

• Would not the front landing gear assembly of the FMS 1400 T28 work as a bomb bay door assembly?

Comment

• I did exactly that very thing with that very same assembly on my 1450mm FMS B-25 and it works great!!!
                                          Brandon Moon

Comment

Working...
                                          X