Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning, Brent! I have 3" mains from Robart, I just have not installed them yet. I need to configure the Lemon Plus receiver before the maiden.

Bob

Comment

• I sent a note into MRC tech support yesterday and they've fixed the pictures for some of the spare parts that were mixed up.
      I'm not saying it was because of me, but I am grateful for their quick response ! Good job.

I was asked to leave a review on the reverse prop. So I did. I considered it a challenge... :Smoking:
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
        I sent a note into MRC tech support yesterday and they've fixed the pictures for some of the spare parts that were mixed up.
        I'm not saying it was because of me, but I am grateful for their quick response ! Good job.

I was asked to leave a review on the reverse prop. So I did. I considered it a challenge... :Smoking:
        Geez, then I ordered the wrong parts.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Have a 9 flights total, 1st flight nose heavy at 55mm took most of my ELE trim to fly level (pucker flight!). 2nd flight 60mm, much better except stbd main stuck half retracted (more pucker..could've made a diamond on that landing if you get my drift) ,contacted motion (still in that 30day window). Had one tail heavy flight (probably about 70mm) when i switched to lighter 3700 mh batt, dragged the tail thru the turns, wanted to climb,felt unstable. At 65 mm this thing is a sweetheart. Stable,lands easy,flys half throttle,flys beautifully and 8 to 10 min flights on 4000mah. I removed the lead in tail but had to replaced one to get my roaring top 3700 45c to cg without battery interfering with hatch. Highly recommend following alphas advice on this forum and watching ryans build video. A great flying airplane but very sensitive to cg.
          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• CFIT rob - just curious, did you include the stabilizer modification (shimming the TE up by 2-3 mm)?
            Mine balances at 55mm with zero elevator trim needed (I did the mod, and removed the weights) and it flies perfectly. I am getting 8 minute flights with my 3600 battery, with 3.8 volts per cell remaining..
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
              Have a 9 flights total, 1st flight nose heavy at 55mm took most of my ELE trim to fly level (pucker flight!). 2nd flight 60mm, much better except stbd main stuck half retracted (more pucker..could've made a diamond on that landing if you get my drift) ,contacted motion (still in that 30day window). Had one tail heavy flight (probably about 70mm) when i switched to lighter 3700 mh batt, dragged the tail thru the turns, wanted to climb,felt unstable. At 65 mm this thing is a sweetheart. Stable,lands easy,flys half throttle,flys beautifully and 8 to 10 min flights on 4000mah. I removed the lead in tail but had to replaced one to get my roaring top 3700 45c to cg without battery interfering with hatch. Highly recommend following alphas advice on this forum and watching ryans build video. A great flying airplane but very sensitive to cg.
              It may not be "nose heavy". Without putting in that spacer in the horizontal tail surface, it may just need that much UP elevator to fly due to incorrect tail surface incident. It may not even be sensitive to CG changes. As you have already discovered, it flies really well as is. In my last video posted here, you can see how much UP I've got on mine at the beginning and flies very well. I'm going to leave it as is. If you're not going to do the spacer mod, set trim back to neutral and manually adjust the elevator to look like it does when it flies well.
              The retract may have stuck due to the large tires getting caught on the plastic wheel well cover. Mine did and I just bent the strut the other way a little and it's fine. After a few runs on the rough grass, it got bent slightly. I may go to a narrower tire later and that will eliminate that problem. I'm finding my big, fat tires are starting to wear out anyway.

Comment

• Good point on the maiden up trim. Started with 1mm up. 2mm was recomended. Two more mm up was a lot of clicks. I am going to do the incedence shim mod after a few more gear up flights. I did trim the wheel well opening before flight as they had the wheel well off center. The main rubbed it on the first deployment. Something is stripped in the retract..it is making an unpleasant noise and shuddering( kinda like my exwife when a new box was on the porch). God love motion rc. A replacement is already on the way. If only they could have done that with the ex.
                Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                  ..it is making an unpleasant noise and shuddering( kinda like my exwife when a new box was on the porch).
                  ahhh, HAHAHAHA :bluetongue:Win: you made me snort my coffee...

Comment

• Lmao I know your pain with the ex. All too well.

Comment

Had some nice flights this evening. I asked a friend to take some video using my phone, then I stitched them together and uploaded it to YouTube. Turned out pretty decent I think.
                      This was at a short-cut grass field that I fly out of on Sunday evenings.

I really wanted to demonstrate how this bird will snap-roll. It rotates faster than some gas-powered stunt planes that I've competed with. Its so violent that I'm surprised the battery doesn't jump right out of the plane. But it only does this when I force it to do it, with full aileron + elevator + rudder all at the same time.

With reduced elevator throw and the shim installed, it won't snap during normal flight (I did have that problem during my maiden flight however!). The first flight shows a snap into a spin from high altitude, the second flight shows a snap from level flight.

I'm not super-proud of the landings on this video. During other flights I have been able to slow it down considerably, and float in. This time I had absolutely no wind to help. Flaps were down. but on the first landing it didn't flare and I kind of crammed it into the ground (3-pt carrier landing). On the second one I got the nose up and it was a little better. Anyway ... see what you think. Not so bad.

https://youtu.be/Y5WWh5q2xvI
                      Curious. Did you have to recover it from the spin, or just neutralize the controls and let it fly out?

Comment

• Originally posted by zrooster99 View Post

Curious. Did you have to recover it from the spin, or just neutralize the controls and let it fly out?
                        The snap-roll and the spin maneuvers were started by applying full rudder, aileron, and elevator. I released all three back to neutral, then the plane returned to normal flight immediately.
                        Of course to recover from the spin, then you have to pull out gradually.

Comment

The snap-roll and the spin maneuvers were started by applying full rudder, aileron, and elevator. I released all three back to neutral, then the plane returned to normal flight immediately.
                          Of course to recover from the spin, then you have to pull out gradually.
                          Roger, standard, or you'll enter a secondary stall/spin. Good to know she'll fly herself out if you let everything go!

Comment

• That news is very good

Comment

• Regarding the last few posts, and I know I'm repeating myself... but, I am very happy with the way the plane flies now after all the modifications (balance point, removing the tail weight, smaller battery, less elevator throw, and the stab modification in particular). On my maiden flight before I had done any of these things, my model snap-rolled simply pulling through a gentle turn at high speed. Talk about pucker factor! After the mods, now it won't do that unless I force it and the snap roll stops immediately if you return the controls to neutral (demonstrated on my video) . This turned out to be a very fine-flying warbird.

As a reminder to Squawkers who haven't seen the previous posts, its also really important to remove the wing and secure the plastic mounts in the fuselage with epoxy.

Comment

• I opened mine up today after clearing my bench of the German Navy, and found it arrived in perfect condition. Until I started touching it. I started to strip off all the guns and they are GLUED on. Broke one and dented the perfect fuselage with my knuckle. Oh well, it happened early. I looked at the rudder and elevator servos and they look like they could be moved forward or backward to make more room in the bomb bay. Oh and those paint roller wheels will be going in my paint bin LOL. Overall, I really think Dynam did a good job. I am going to spend weeks upgrading mine so I don't plan on flying it soon. Thanks for all the pioneer testers out there that sorted the bugs.
                                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Quitcher....if you havent already make sure you thoroughly test the servos,landing gear(dont forget about that delay),esc,motors ,etc before that thirty day from delivery date is up. Learned a hard lesson on my p38 delaying assembly. Motion warranty is "thirty days from purchase or delivery". Much better than HK or BH "makes it to your door then we fight about it" warranty. Emailed MRC about my main gear failure, next day new one is on the way. If only my 15 yr old daughter was that agreeable....

Comment

• Your probably right I need to plug everything in a see if it works. On a side note, @ bob I think if you mount the Elevator and Rudder servos sideways you can make room for one more Adam Bomb. Of course, that means cutting out the stock mount and making a new one for horizontal higher up. Might have to redo the pushrods to higher up, but it should me minimal impact on the layout and CG. You would still have access to the servos too.
                                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Hey guess what, there was a really nice article about the AMA club I fly electrics at (Chagrin Valley Prop Busters) published in a local paper today, the Chagrin Valley Times.
                                      You have to subscribe on-line for $35 to see the page, which is unfortunate. (I do have a PDF of the article but I'm not going to post it, not being sued makes me happy.)
                                      But here's my picture, I'm famous now. I guess.

Click image for larger version  Name:	me at Bills.jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.9 KB ID:	94995

Comment

• That's pretty awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          That's pretty awesome
                                          LOL I guess I need to be careful. Remember the scene from "the Jerk"?

"I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now."

Then the next thing you know its: "DIE, GAS-PUMPER!"

He hates these cans!

Image result for die gas pumper

Sorry Rifleman... let go back to the regular thread....

Comment

Working...
                                          X