Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any little bit helps. Good luck and good flying

Comment

• Anyone have pictures of the shim mod ?

Comment

• Originally posted by weedsnager View Post
        Anyone have pictures of the shim mod ?
        I posted them in RCG, but here you go...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170822_000852956_iOS.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	99349

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170821_170621328_iOS.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	99350
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Is the entire shim 3mm or is it tapered?

Comment

• Originally posted by weedsnager View Post
            Is the entire shim 3mm or is it tapered?
            3mm at the back end...you can see the taper in the bottom picture.
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Anyone flying this bird with 3700 4S ?

Comment

• Yes..3700 45c roaring tops 400g. Mixed half to 3/4 throttle. Full throttle on take off,climb out,ALE rolls. 7min flights. avg 3.7-3.8v per cell on landing. Also fly chinahobbyline 4s 4000 40c 451g 8min avg 3.7-3.8v per cell. 8min flights. Batts are cool to barely warm.
                Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Good info thank you

Comment

• wow... Ive been holding off on this plane,mainly because of funds.. but after read whats been discovered so far..Im glad I haven't ...now, I can see these issues have solutions, but wow, that's ALOT! to have to fix that should have been dealt with before production...I'm sorry to see these issues were discovered at the loss of peoples purchases. Ive only had one Dynam plane, and didn't like it much either..so sad to see its them that made the P61 ..I surely hope Flightline will still make one though
                    www.TSHobbies.com
                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Took mine to the club field taxi test good lined up on runway center advanced the throttle to max power ready to rotate spun to the left tore up the landing gear, cowl and prop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                        Took mine to the club field taxi test good lined up on runway center advanced the throttle to max power ready to rotate spun to the left tore up the landing gear, cowl and prop.
                        She needs lots of speed before rotation.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• It was at full speed it just wouldn't rotate

Comment

• TS..its true you do have to go thru the airplane to fix or check multiple things (more than most)but it is less work than it sounds like and most of it is not uncommon eben on flightline birds(needed up ELE on the p38 incedence problem, loose control horns on the avanti, cold solder joint on a motor connector cost me my p38, ) It is a good flying model with great flight characteristics when set up properly (like any aircraft). For a price point,only one of its kind aircraft its worth the work. It looks so cool on a blue sky day, flying across the clouds. I do wish the quality control was better. With MRC involment i expect it will.
                            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

• Mad baron.. i am having good success with mine,Cg of 60mm, 1/2 flaps on take off, slowly accelerate to wot. I had issues with QC like most(all?). Addressed issues as noted on this thread. My first flight i didnt have 2mm up ELE and almost ran out of up trim. Also had a Cg at 50 ish mm. I did start with ELE travel at 1/2inch travel. I am still flying without the stab mod as it is not a necessity but plan on doing it (i like the idea of "cleaner"aerodynamics.) Are your wheels ok? A hub on my mig 21 melted on my first highspeed taxi test,made it veer off centerline.

Comment

• I set up my cg at 60mm and used half flaps for take off this would have the maiden flight so there was not any sort of drag on the wheels. I have put so much time and money getting this plane ready to fly before I tried to fly it I rechecked everything before I set it on the runway.

Comment

• Hate to ask but, aileron travel correct?

Comment

• Have you checked the spar/ wire covers on the wing ends?

Comment

• And I'm still waiting for the canopy set... :/

Comment

• All of the control surfaces are correct I do a full check of the control surfaces before the take off roll.

Comment

• Reason I asked about those covers, that's exactly what my plane did in the exact same way. And the reason was one of the covers came loose and let the wing tip lift from the spar

Comment

Working...
                                          X