Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock On! What was your cg point? Btw I took mine out today too and flew it without the nose... flew awesome very comfortable

Comment

• I set mine at 70mm it seemed to be very stable at that cg except for the climbing. I used all of the down trim to control the climb so I am going to remove the shim to see if that helps but I had fun getting that first flight in!!

Comment

• :Cool:Cool, glad it cooperated

Comment

• Glad to hear of your success. The plane deserves some good press on how it flys. I particularly enjoy mine on those blue sky days flying across random cumulus clouds. Makes me think of the era and the men who flew them. It seems like rarely (never) modeled aircraft may be the norm for dynam (seen the spitfire on floats yet?). Checking daily on the blackwidow release. We do need a new verb to encompass all you should go thru building them. I think "dynam" is the obvious choice. To "dynam"...check and confirm ALL aspects of an airplanes construction, Modify as needed minor production errors. Report what you find to the squawk for the benefit of others..."Its a good looking,great flying plane but make sure you dynam the airplane before you get her in the air"
          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Send it to Webster I agree with this 100%

Comment

• Congrats on your maiden. R.
              AMA 424553

Comment

• Thanks! Enjoyed getting to finally fly this plane just have to take out the stab shim to see if that will help with the climbing issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                  Thanks! Enjoyed getting to finally fly this plane just have to take out the stab shim to see if that will help with the climbing issue.
                  Good job, I'm glad to hear your flight went well. Did you check to make sure the elevators are neutral? Assuming they are, I would like to say that I would want try moving the CG forward to see if that helps, before removing the shim. Or maybe try a smaller shim instead of removing it completely.

Someone else pointed out (many pages ago) that its possible that these models aren't all exactly the same. So I guess its possible that your model just doesn't needs as much shim and maybe will fly fine at 70mm. But I'm thinking your model might be tail heavy. You can't tell unless you do some tests.
                  If it's NOT tail heavy and still climbs, then I guess I would agree that you should reduce the shim.
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• It didn't seem tail heavy I'll know more after I work on the stab shim and flying it to see if that was the issue . Even putting the trim all the way down it still wanted to climb when I got it on the ground and looked at the elevator with full down trim it was even with the stab. I might sand the shim down to 1mm I do think that it will not want to climb as much if I take the shim out or cut it down to 1mm. Even with it climbing I really enjoyed flying my B-26.

Comment

• Wow interesting, wonder if there's some that were right some that were wrong... like inconsistent moldings? Really strange

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                        Wow interesting, wonder if there's some that were right some that were wrong... like inconsistent moldings? Really strange
                        That is entirely likely. We must keep in mind that, traditionally, Dynam has been an "economy" brand. If we saw this kind of irregularities with Freewing or Flightline or even with today's FMS and Eflite products, we would be really annoyed and disgruntled. Some may even be incensed. However, with a Dynam product, I've learned to be unsurprised, accepting and meeting expectations.

PS. I am currently about 2/3rds the way to completing a change over of the retracts on this plane. That hopefully, should do it for the deficiencies on my plane.

Comment

• Very true, and looking forward to seeing the gear upgrade :)

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                            Very true, and looking forward to seeing the gear upgrade :)
                            There isn't really much of anything to see. I just found a set of old retracts that were the same size and swapped the struts in. These other retracts don't need to "wake up" as the Dynam ones do and they aren't affected by temperature. I'll post about how they work when I get a chance to fly the thing. Getting at the wiring in the wing required removing it and doing some "fishing".

Comment

• Ah ok cool

Comment

• Glad to hear you guys have had success with the B-26. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same and am scrapping the project completely and chalking it up to a plane that couldn't fly.(At least for me)
                                Am enclosing pictures of my latest effort. This Phoenix will not rise from the ashes---RIP Dynam B-26! Just for what happened dept.----- Took off---climbed abruptly---put in down elevator---dived sharply----pulled up---and snap/crash!

Comment

• PS---Anybody want parts?? Send me a Postage prepaid box and I'll fill it.

Comment

• Is the nose glass ok? That's all I need for mine

Comment

• Sorry to see that Bob. I was hoping everyone would end up with good news.

Especially since I just ordered one.

Comment

• It's really a hit or miss. Mine just spun off the ground and crushed the nose. Most of its been fixed and it does fly and fly really well even without the nose. It takes a lot of tlc to get her good to go. Some more than others. Also very very little elevator. I think if you go though the thread you will see what had to be done for most of us. Not sure why Bob's plane did what it did. Just know it sucks when any plane,does that.. :(

Comment

• How are the control horns Bob? The reason I ask is that Dynam has gone to glued not bolt thru horns. Seems like a potential trouble spot.
                                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X