Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I can get somebody to measure their outer wing thickness and then the main wing thickness so I can do a comparison that would answer that $250 question. :-)
    Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• What is the best advice for the first flight of the B-26 compared to the B-25 I own? Do they fly the same or do I just need to watch the elevator throw on the B-26?
      Would a flight stabilizer help with the snap roll issue?

Comment

• I watched X-plane fly Brent's and He mentioned it could benefit from a gyro. It doesn't seem to like wind very much. I have an eagle tree ready to go once I get mine ready for action.
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat View Post

I opened a ticket with Motion RC and sent in the pictures I have posted here, they said this is the first time they seen this, but now this is the second case of it we have seen.
          I have checked everything and even measured the thickness of the wing and the inner wing thickness and checked for loose parts, everything is tight - and the wires are not outside of the tracks so there is no pinching going on there. If I can get somebody to measure the thickness of the inner wing where it bolts to the wing and then compare it with mine then it can help find the problem.

But Klink's tank flew fine like this correct?
          Kink's Tank flew fine. I will look at more this weekend.

Ted

Comment

• Bearcat..I cant speak on the b25/b26 comparison. My first 6 or so flights were without stabilizer. It flew ok in a moderate wind(10ish),pitch was stable but roll was not. I installed an a3L and it tamed the wing rock considerably. She stays grounded on a gusty day or 20ish winds(thats avanti time). I dont think a stabilizer will do anything to prevent a snaproll or a tip stall. I believe a rearward CG or large ELE deflections cause the snap. Limit ELE to 1/2 inch and dont go big on the expo so you dont get a sudden rush of ELE( 20% for me) It does drag its tail thru a turn so co-ordinate some rudder to make it look right.
            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• This is the Gap. I really only have it on my Right Wing... I need to take it a part and look at the wires. I believe they are pushing it up. Anyone else know?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                I believe a rearward CG or large ELE deflections cause the snap. Limit ELE to 1/2 inch and dont go big on the expo so you dont get a sudden rush of ELE( 20% for me) It does drag its tail thru a turn so co-ordinate some rudder to make it look right.
                Bearcat - I agree with CFIT, what he wrote is the best advice for your first flight. So:
                - forward CG position
                - limit elevator throw to 1/2 inch or less, with some expo
                - coordinate turns with rudder
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Bearcat - I agree with CFIT, what he wrote is the best advice for your first flight. So:
                  - forward CG position
                  - limit elevator throw to 1/2 inch or less, with some expo
                  - coordinate turns with rudder
                  In addition to the above, I would add that it prefers calm weather, likes 3/4 throttle, and has no pitch up problems with flaps. In fact, it likes half flaps. Just make sure you check that the hinges are properly glued, Re-glue as needed,

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                    Veltro, I agree with the rudder suggestion - I've been using a 35% mix since the beginning and find it very helpful for the same reason. ...
                    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a try. Unfortunately we are supposed to have high winds this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      So what seemed better the shims or the thrust angle? Interesting ideas :)
                      The two of us with the horizontal stab shims are really happy with them. We aren't sure if we will do the engine shims.

If I understand it correctly, the reason for the engine shims was that the plane would start to climb when he was on short final. He likes to use throttle-only to control decent for landing.

I believe he was running into a situation where he had the plane trimmed for normal flight, The up trim is compensation for the engine down thrust. As the plane slows to land, there isn't as much thrust and consequently the up trim makes it start climbing. Taking out a little down thrust eliminated the impact on his elevator trim setting.

I get the feeling either modification will do, although I don't know if he is still carrying a little up trim, which a lot of people on the forums didn't want to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veltro View Post

The two of us with the horizontal stab shims are really happy with them. We aren't sure if we will do the engine shims.

If I understand it correctly, the reason for the engine shims was that the plane would start to climb when he was on short final. He likes to use throttle-only to control decent for landing.

I believe he was running into a situation where he had the plane trimmed for normal flight, The up trim is compensation for the engine down thrust. As the plane slows to land, there isn't as much thrust and consequently the up trim makes it start climbing. Taking out a little down thrust eliminated the impact on his elevator trim setting.

I get the feeling either modification will do, although I don't know if he is still carrying a little up trim, which a lot of people on the forums didn't want to do.
                        Earlier in the thread (way back, in the stone ages) another modeler determined that the horizontal stab didn't have the correct incidence in relation to the wing. The shim corrects the incidence. Without the shim, a lot of up-elevator trim is needed for level flight, and the plane just isn't flying correctly. With the shim, everything is balanced and happy. ommmmmmmmm.
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Tomorrow is the day for the maiden flight!! Finally!:Cool:

Comment

• Heck yeah!

Comment

• Madbaron... I was one of the first to recieve mine,preordered the first day (hour?) The first reports were that the marauder was as poorly made as my exwife(if you knew her you'd understand) and as touchy and unruley as my 15 yr old daughter (if you've raised one you understand). Thanks to the bravery (and wallets) of a few squawkers,the construction and flight issues are easily resolved. I was way more jittery than i needed to be on the maiden. After some mad clicking uptrim(didnt heed the uptrim advice) it flew beautifully. Landing was uneventful. Twentyish flights later it is a very relaxing plane to fly (second only to my sailplane). Heed the build advice,fly smooth, your maiden is going to be great.
                              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• LMAO.....I can relate with the comparison (to the "ex" & "daughter's" that is) ;)
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

• I "Attempted" my maiden yesterday but forgot to recheck if spinner was tight and my luck was it was not, as soon as she lifted up it started to make a noise and then went right and then you heard a very loud vibration and then it got quite. The Blade flew off and I was able to turn it around before I knew what happened and she flipped and then leveled off and slammed into the ground. :-(
                                  Losing an engine on takeoff is why it was called the Baltimore ***** and she bit me, I spent some time repairing the damage which I was able to fix 98% of it but new decals will hide the rough areas for the most part but she's fine. Today she took off and flew into a cross wind and I was happy with the results, there was some wing rocking I noticed on a few occasions and turning banking moves it seems to want to roll a little more than I wanted but then again it was windy this morning so until I take her back up the question remains to why. Landing I dropped the flaps half which I should not have done as the plane came in and landed hard enough to do a bounce and the prop broke!!!! this is where I noticed that the cowling appears to be glued on? Seriously it appears they are glued on and it's loose, the more I look this plane over the more I regret buying it but yet it looks great but I would not buy another one because the price for the quality is way over priced for the issues and fit issues I have seen so far. My A-10 has been tough over the years and I have done very little work to it but I don't see the B-26 being as tough but yet it crashed with little damage and was easy to repair. So for now after the first flight, I feel better about it but it's very clear that out of the box there are issues that need to be reworked , so now I will order spare parts and correct the damage and go from there and pray there are no more issues for a while..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted7rns View Post
                                    This is the Gap. I really only have it on my Right Wing... I need to take it a part and look at the wires. I believe they are pushing it up. Anyone else know?
                                    Looks like my right wing too with the gap. The left wing fits snug and does not have any gap.

Tony

Comment

• I had to do some extra work to make mine fit flush

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                        Tomorrow is the day for the maiden flight!! Finally!:Cool:
                                        Well :)
                                        AMA 424553

Comment

• She Flew!! I got my courage up and put it on the runway did some taxi tests and then lined it up on the runway and throttled up and in about 30-40 feet it took to the sky. I took it a couple of mistakes high and started to get it trimmed out it need only a couple of clicks on the ailerons but it kept wanting to climb even with trimming all of the down trim I do believe the I need to take out the stab shim. Brought her in for in for landing half flaps and greased on the grass runway!:) Even though I had to fix a lot of issues on this plane it was all worth it. A friend of mine took a short video of it as soon as I can figure how to transfer it I can get it posted.

Comment

Working...
                                          X