Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! Not scale at all but I think they're better than the factory DynaBots :Cool:

Comment

• Hey guys what's the stock wheel size?

Comment

• Main wheels - 35mm x 70mm nose wheel 22mm x 55mm

This is pretty close.

Bob

Comment

• I replaced the B26 stock tires with 3" dubro tires for the main gear and 2.5" dubro tire for the nose gear. The nose wheel is a bit larger that the stock one but still retracts fine. Since the tires are narrower I put one dura-collar on, then the tire, and another dura-collar.

Tony

Comment

• I replaced the stock tires with 3" Robarts and an FMS 980mm P-40main as the nose wheel.

Bob

Comment

• Yes my dynam retracts are coming out

Comment

• And replacement is complete. The nose gear was a complex operation as not only did I have to get the steering system setup, but also I had to redo the mounting plate for it as well. Basically using the plate from the original retract unit and epoxing it on to the freewing set. Then drilled some holes and used the screws that bolted on the plate to the original retract. Finally having to cut the old mounting tabs off the new unit so the steering system would clear. But it's finally complete. Thank goodness

Comment

• Looks like my mains took a dump tonight, one stopped working completely while the other is making a jerking and then the gear starts to grind..
                  Asked for help from Motion RC and see what they said before I have to drop some money on some from Hobby King.. so the wait begins..
                  Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Bearcat i had a main act the same on my second flight. I notified motion (opened a warranty claim)and had a free replacement in two days. You must be within the 30 days from reciept window though.( If only marrage had the same warranty..i realized my ex was defective in the first two weeks.) My replacement has been working fine since (30ish flights). The other original main failed the same way a few weeks ago well out of warranty. Im going to stick with the dynam retracts for now in the hope that the replacements are improved in some way. If anyone finds a drop in replacement i would consider it. My failures had nothing to do with temp.
                    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Yeah my way was a complete pita.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
                        Looks like my mains took a dump tonight, one stopped working completely while the other is making a jerking and then the gear starts to grind..
                        Asked for help from Motion RC and see what they said before I have to drop some money on some from Hobby King.. so the wait begins..
                        Sad part is I'm in the house testing things when I decided to raise the wheels since I just put new ones on, the planes was upside down when the left retract starting making a growling gear noise, the wheel jerked going down 3-4 times before the motor reved up like the gears where not meshing. The other side just stopped working after 3 cycles.. This morning the dead one started working again which has me baffled.
                        Not happy with the retracts at this point..but I seem to remember I had the same issue with my A-10 a few years ago.. I still have the same retracts but weather dictates when I fly her..
                        Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Yikes

Comment

• Been fiddling with the Norden bombsight. I changed the finish and added a couple details. Now I just have to figure out how to mount it.
                            Haven't messed with the plane much but hopefully soon.
                            Last edited by NoDirt!; Nov 20, 2017, 06:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Well damn....I didnt want to believe that the dynam retracts have a low temp issue but..i finished replacing my failed port main with another new dynam retract(stbd failed on second flight,motion sent replacement,love you motion!) Flew two flights yesterday temp 47F. 1st flight (from car to tarmac) no problem. 8min flight. Second flight new port main failed to drop. Cycled again and waited,gear dropped after 5-8 second delay. On the ground..same thing stbd main,nose gear working fine,port gear only after delay. At home at room temp...no issue. (My ex wife didnt work when she was cold so i replaced her. )Anyone know of a drop in replacement?
                              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                                Well damn....I didnt want to believe that the dynam retracts have a low temp issue but..i finished replacing my failed port main with another new dynam retract(stbd failed on second flight,motion sent replacement,love you motion!) Flew two flights yesterday temp 47F. 1st flight (from car to tarmac) no problem. 8min flight. Second flight new port main failed to drop. Cycled again and waited,gear dropped after 5-8 second delay. On the ground..same thing stbd main,nose gear working fine,port gear only after delay. At home at room temp...no issue. (My ex wife didnt work when she was cold so i replaced her. )Anyone know of a drop in replacement?
                                Have you tried loosening the screws a little, sounds like it's binding.
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                                  Well damn....I didnt want to believe that the dynam retracts have a low temp issue but..i finished replacing my failed port main with another new dynam retract(stbd failed on second flight,motion sent replacement,love you motion!) Flew two flights yesterday temp 47F. 1st flight (from car to tarmac) no problem. 8min flight. Second flight new port main failed to drop. Cycled again and waited,gear dropped after 5-8 second delay. On the ground..same thing stbd main,nose gear working fine,port gear only after delay. At home at room temp...no issue. (My ex wife didnt work when she was cold so i replaced her. )Anyone know of a drop in replacement?
                                  Having replaced all my retracts on the B-26 with non-Dynam ones, I have not yet had any issues with them and I fly at or below freezing most days now.

Comment

• Yes! Me too freewing for the win!

Comment

• Got word from MRC customer service...cold weather is an issue dynam is working on. They gave me a possible eflite drop in. The EFLg1590m from their 1225mm birds. A reviewer on mrc site for those retracts said they dropped in his tempest. The B26 mains are same part as the tempest. No idea for nose gear yet. Will try loosening the screws first. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• I just read the little known story about the B-26 in the battle of Midway - almost landing on the Jap flagship carrier. You gotta love the B-26.
                                        U S ARMY at Midway.html

Comment

• Heck yeah, scared as hell but go in anyway. It's something that can't be taught, it's something within that tells you victory is worth the risk. For our brothers, our country, our family.

Comment

Working...
                                          X