Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is one other mod I did to mine and that was to the Horizontal Stabs (Elevators) I used packing tape under each one to give it stiffness, I noticed some flex going on a few times but add the tape and flex is gone!.. simple and cheap and done..
    Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
      For the blue paper towel masking technique, I have developed a photo tutorial, as I get asked about it quite a bit. I first saw it here on the squawk, but I do not know what the post was now, it was over a year ago. But here you go.
      Great. I had a feeling it was something like that but wasn't sure. Thank you sir!

Comment

• I placed an order to have the cockpit, sight and some extra guns printed. Hope they turn out well. I should get the plane tomorrow or Friday!

Comment

• Nodirt...Can you tell us the details up to this point on your 3D printed parts. Cost,printing material,How long to recieve,Who? And when you recieve them a review on fit,your impression and some photos.......and while im asking for so much, please send me the pony i never got for my 7th birthday.
          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• I used a site called Treatstock.com (recommended on "another" forum), then picked a printer based mainly on the number of reviews and distance - Humanisticnick's Printing Service in Pittsburg.

Plus when I contacted them they answered my questions right away.

For 1 cockpit (in gray), 2 bomb sights and 8 guns (2 sets of 4 in black) it cost $12.45 shipped which seemed reasonable. They are making them in PLA.

They said the sight has details that may not come out great but I figure it's behind the nose glazing anyway.

Not quite sure how long it will take but it showed a printing time of 28 hours :eyeswide

I'll post pics when they arrive.

Oh, and I'll see what I can do about the pony...

Comment

• Having given up on ever getting my 26 to fly even half decently, I'm scrapping the whole thing. I do, however, have a pretty decent fuselage if any one is interested in one, I'll send it for postage and a very friendly price. Just post to me of any interest. WBB

Comment

• Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Noooooo. Not yours too.
                  Dewey l

Comment

• I'm gonna keep on mine pretty hard, I need to keep her flying so when I get the f7f and replace the p38 I will have a very nice collection of twins

Comment

• Nodirt...Thanks for the info. Much less $ than i thought. Im sure you've read the posts about what to look for before and during assembly. Watch the motion build video. Check the glue on everything. I shimmed and glued my wing mounts with some 1/8 ply to keep them below the wing saddle surface, i left one weight in tail as my heavy CHL 4000 40c wouldnt cg(60mm) without it. Mine is flying very well with the elevator at 2mm up as my neutral. No stab mod.
                      Very excited about the pony...I'm calling him Mr wyld stallyon.
                      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

• Originally posted by warbirdbob View Post
                        Having given up on ever getting my 26 to fly even half decently, I'm scrapping the whole thing. I do, however, have a pretty decent fuselage if any one is interested in one, I'll send it for postage and a very friendly price. Just post to me of any interest. WBB
                        what parts do you have?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          There isn't really much of anything to see. I just found a set of old retracts that were the same size and swapped the struts in. These other retracts don't need to "wake up" as the Dynam ones do and they aren't affected by temperature. I'll post about how they work when I get a chance to fly the thing. Getting at the wiring in the wing required removing it and doing some "fishing".
                          I tested the new retracts today. It was pretty cold - around 37F with wind chill well below freezing. They worked perfectly, no glitches whatsoever. I don't know where the retracts came from. The nose one is slow and the mains are even slower - very realistic looking. I kept the stock struts and tires.
                          On my last flight, the wind came up during the flight and was tossing the plane all over the place. On landing, gusts up to 25 mph - talk about "wing rock"! :Scared: No gyro, but with full flaps and some power, it touched down gentle as a feather and I got her home in one piece. A couple guys at the field commented on how great this plane looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                            Noooooo. Not yours too.
                            Mine is fine! The pic is "in homage" - in memorial of Warbird Bob's plane. :P (he said he was scrapping everything except the fuselage....)
                            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Mine arrived! From a quick look it appears ok for the most part. Thanks to Motion's extra packing. The spar came loose and dented the vertical stabilizer a bit. I may get another.
                              No weights in the tail and the wing hatch is misaligned as predicted.
                              Have to wait on the printed parts and there's a couple others in the front of the line so it may be a bit till I mess with it.
                              AND I haven't decided on a livery yet :Confused:

Comment

• Be sure to power up the systems on the plane to be sure all the electronics work that is the first thing I do on a new plane even if I am putting it on the back burner for a while. That way if you do find a bad servo or motor you can get it replaced under warranty.

Comment

• Will do guys. I'll hopefully get to it tomorrow. It's going to be a beautiful day today and I'm headed to the field with the Mustang and Tigercat!

Comment

• :)

Comment

• As Mad Baron says test your electronics. I learned a lesson on a fw p38 i delayed building. On my marauder i only cycled the gear maybe three times before assy. My stbd main stuck half way up on my second flight. Motion had a replacement to me 2 days later( oh motion how i love thee..) Only a ten dollar part but after dealing with boat and motor manufacturers for 34 yrs, if bad parts or processes start costing them warranty money shhtuff changes.

Comment

• Indeed

Comment

• Glue down the engine cowling to the wing since it seems to be loose, now it's solid and now I'm ready to fly it again before the weather turns to crap soon.
                                          Gotta love late Oct and early November weather in Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                                          X