Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FML... My B26 got off the ground and rolled to the right and crashed even with full left roll input never changed my controls so I don't know what happened. I guess I'll test the motors when I get home cause it was almost as if one motor either slowed or stopped in mid rollout

Comment

• Didn,t you just install a gyro prior to this crash???

Comment

• Not good news....... :( Give us a report when you can please.........

Comment

• Yes I did, but it was turned off for take off so it had no factor in this crash

Comment

• How many beers before you left the runway???? :Drinks: Sometimes you have to laugh or you will cry.... I am really sorry that it rolled in. How bad is the damage??? How is your AO now after the flooding?

Comment

• All other planes flew without issue today, including my hand carved P39. Just the 26 went crappy on me

Comment

• So far, motors are fine they ran smooth and even for over a minute.

Comment

• Looks like like what happened was the panel that holds the spar in broke loose on the outer left wing, lifting that wing up and out of shape pushing the plane over itself. So no matter how much aileron input I gave the actual aileron acted like a booster and the wing tip the aileron. So no amount of input would overcome the wing tip

Comment

• Well I couldn't fly my B-26 today the reason being that the retracts would not operate correctly they would retract completely but they wouldn't extend all at once or I would only get one or two wheels to extend at a time. I emailed MRC and they had me test the gear separately straight from the receiver and had found out the 3 way splitter for the retracts was bad. I am really beginning to wonder when this plane will ever see the flying field:Angry:

Comment

• Today was the day for my B-26 maiden. Karltrek did the honors today and did a great job. He also re-maidened his B-26 after adding the ~3mm shim under the horizontal stabilizer. The 3mm shim makes all the difference!

Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0082.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	98302Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0084.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	98301Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0111.JPG Views:	1 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	98297Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0090.JPG Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	98298
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Heck yeah! Looks great Bob! Look like a great day flying!

Comment

• So fiberglass the outer panel on the bottom for insurance?
                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                            Heck yeah! Looks great Bob! Look like a great day flying!
                            Thanks! It was a beautiful day yesterday. I highly recommend the 3mm shim to all. It was so hectic flying and working on a couple of issues, I did not get to fly my B-25 or the Bearcat.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                              So fiberglass the outer panel on the bottom for insurance?
                              I'm starting to feel like that's a really good idea or some 15min epoxy. There just seems to be alot of stress on that piece for just common glue to hold it reliably in my opinion. If it were me and I was Dynam I would have continued the spar at least about 2 inches past the panel to basically make that panel stress free and still have all the wiring serviceable in case of a failed servo or changing LEDs.

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
                                Today was the day for my B-26 maiden. Karltrek did the honors today and did a great job. He also re-maidened his B-26 after adding the ~3mm shim under the horizontal stabilizer. The 3mm shim makes all the difference!

Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0082.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	98302Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0084.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	98301Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0111.JPG Views:	1 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	98297Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0090.JPG Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	98298
                                Love the paint scheme

AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
                                  Today was the day for my B-26 maiden. Karltrek did the honors today and did a great job. He also re-maidened his B-26 after adding the ~3mm shim under the horizontal stabilizer. The 3mm shim makes all the difference!

Bob
                                  That''s just gorgeous Bob!

TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

I'm starting to feel like that's a really good idea or some 15min epoxy. There just seems to be alot of stress on that piece for just common glue to hold it reliably in my opinion. If it were me and I was Dynam I would have continued the spar at least about 2 inches past the panel to basically make that panel stress free and still have all the wiring serviceable in case of a failed servo or changing LEDs.
                                    That idea of increasing the spar is simple. Just buy a longer carbon tube to replace the fiberglass stock one.
                                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Exactly! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Love the paint scheme
                                        Thanks RRHAndy!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

That''s just gorgeous Bob!
                                          George, that is high praise coming from an artist such as yourself.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                          X