X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MIB66 View Post
    I would strongly suggest gluing the nacelle to the wing in front as both of mine flexed down too easily, thus twisting the wing. The resulting flex is pretty hard on props too.

David.
    David please elaborate on what exactly did you glue. I am having a hard time seeing what flexed. Thanks
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

I also found it complex and time consuming. If anyone can do it Adam, it is you!

Bob
      I am working on plan B of the bi fold doors. Using a spring to fold back the outer door or the door closest to the middle of the plane and then using a servo in the middle of the inner door to activate. Similar servo mount to what you did, just that the doors will fold on opening. It may not work, but I will try and mock one up.

Comment

• Quit,
        I glued the seam where the nacelle joins the front of the wing. Mine was loose and allowed the nacelle and motors to dip down under stress resulting in a twist of the wing. I used thin CA and kicker to fix it. Hopefully that make clarifies.

David

Comment

• Yes that helps, thanks David. Mine is not loose, but good to know.

Comment

• Well I balanced my B26 last night I set it at 65mm with a slight nose down attitude. I hope to fly it next week if the weather cooperates. Will post a flight report on how it flys.

Comment

• Give it 2 mm of up elevator if you havent. I had barely 1mm up on maiden and had to madly click nearly all of my available up trim. It flies great,lands easy. I use full flaps on landing and scale,gentle landings are easy to pull off(to avoid the bouncies dont come in "hot"). Flies at half throttle. I've bumped my timer from 6 to 10 min. CHL 4000 40c.
              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Looks like your getting the same performance I am, it's a blast!

Comment

• Originally posted by MIB66 View Post
                  I would strongly suggest gluing the nacelle to the wing in front as both of mine flexed down too easily, thus twisting the wing. The resulting flex is pretty hard on props too.

David.
                  Had the same issue with mine. I just dripped some CA into the joint between the nacelle and the wing, clamping the two at the same time. This made a huge difference in the flexing.I also added Ca glue to the flap hinges, all but one where loose and would wiggle with finger pressure.
                  Last edited by handyman220; Sep 15, 2017, 10:08 AM. Reason: Flap hinges needed glue also as someone else posted

Comment

• Well I've installed my old gyro stabilizer in the B26. It needed a new home and this being a bomber I couldn't think of a better place for it. It's one of the istone acro units. All the control directions checked out. So now it's just a test flight away from go no go. Just glad it has the capability to turn off it it doesn't want to play nice. But all in all the unit seems to be good to go at this point

Comment

• My first 12 flights were without a gyro. Its not a airplane that really needs one but i repurposed an a3l from my "RIP"-38 (god rest your soul) and it takes a 10-15 mph wind without the wing rock it had before. (Rifelman...i am doing your stab mod this weekend. Thanks for the ground work. 2mm up at TE of stab?)
                      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Rgr that, around 1/8 inch should do that's around 2-3 mm

Comment

• Maidened mine today. Very pleasant and easy to fly.

I heavily weathered mine and used Callie graphics to represent Big Hairy Bird.

Comment

• Welcome!!! That looks great!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sessholvlaru View Post
                              Maidened mine today. Very pleasant and easy to fly.

I heavily weathered mine and used Callie graphics to represent Big Hairy Bird.

https://youtu.be/JHkWfwhb5jg
                              Great job!

Comment

• Has anyone flown theirs in any kind of wind? Tony flew Brent's yesterday in about a 6 to 7 knot cross breeze and it kind of didn't like it. I will definitely be putting a gyro in mine.

Comment

• Agree! A gyro would be a good idea in windy conditions. Otherwise, a nice flying plane which really looks cool in the air.

Brent - Thanks for the opportunity!

Best,
                                  Tony

Comment

• That's why I put my old one in, my gains are next to 0

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                      Agree! A gyro would be a good idea in windy conditions. Otherwise, a nice flying plane which really looks cool in the air.

Brent - Thanks for the opportunity!

Best,
                                      Tony
                                      Any time, commander. And thank you for the tweeking. Your attention to everything is greatly appreciated. Now I feel confident in flying her. Jim Christofferson, Joe and I flying at Apollo tomorrow. Jim will have the option of flying any bird I have. He can't be that rusty!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post

Any time, commander. And thank you for the tweeking. Your attention to everything is greatly appreciated. Now I feel confident in flying her. Jim Christofferson, Joe and I flying at Apollo tomorrow. Jim will have the option of flying any bird I have. He can't be that rusty!
                                        My pleasure, Brent! Have fun tomorrow.

Comment

• I hope to put mine in the air this coming Sunday even without the decals. I plan to order some decals from Callie graphics this week,

Comment

Working...
                                          X