Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arbfrank View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the replies, I have hung the B-26 up until winter, will attack problems then, using your suggestions.
    Frank Arbaugh
    I have been doing the same with mine, a little bit here a little bit there. Kind of fix the problems as they show up while doing the final assembly. Somehow every plane I put together takes me longer than they say. :Straight-Face:

Comment

• I pretty much hollowed out the bomb bay. I will move the servos to under the turret and make a box for the bomb bay and wing hold downs. everyone should check their hold downs. Mine was missing a nut. Very important.
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• just picked up the b26, went together well just a couple flap hinges were not glued well, easy fix though. My biggest problem is that the decals will not come off the sheet, not sure whats going on there. anyone else have issues with the stock decals?

Comment

• Originally posted by gixster View Post
          just picked up the b26, went together well just a couple flap hinges were not glued well, easy fix though. My biggest problem is that the decals will not come off the sheet, not sure whats going on there. anyone else have issues with the stock decals?
          They're water slide decals.

Comment

• Decided to go for maximum bomb load.

Comment

• I love my bird, don't know what's different but I was able to do a level flight loop with 5000 packs all day. Mine flys beautifully. And seems pretty fast compared to what some were saying they reported. I need to gps it and see exactly what it's doing but it looks to be mid 60s in speed. All I know is it's a hell of a lot of fun and I can run it level at less than half throttle.

Comment

• I'm starting to lose interest in in my B-26 fixing all the problems this plane has for a PNP. I am thinking of boxing the thing up and put it in storage and order a Freewing or Flightline plane since I know the quality of these planes This B-26 is pretty low quality in my book.

Comment

• yeah once I got the spare parts in and put them all together (even the top wing hatch fit perfect afterwords) with the tail and tail spacer, the rest is all stock and it flys perfect. I would venture to say just as well as my flight line P38 and no thats not stretching, its from my experience with both planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                    yeah once I got the spare parts in and put them all together (even the top wing hatch fit perfect afterwords) with the tail and tail spacer, the rest is all stock and it flys perfect. I would venture to say just as well as my flight line P38 and no thats not stretching, its from my experience with both planes.
                    Interesting that you compared the B-26 to the P-38, which I also have both of. I never thought of it much but you are right about the 26 being as good a flyer as the 38. In fact, I would put the 26 just ahead of the 38 in several catagories. It flies just a bit better. It lands a lot better for just about every landing while the P-38 is a heavy plane and can come down a bit hard and beat up the gear on rough ground. Both planes take a bit of planning to do a loop (ie, mine won't just come loping in level flight and do a loop by just giving it max throttle). The 26 takes off with less fanfare. The 38 needs a longer run.
                    Admittedly, the 38 has much more presence in the air. It just looks so much more aggressive than the 26, which can start to be a little bland after a while. I find myself flying the 26 much more because it can be loaded up easily (whole) into the car. The 38 needs a wingtip removed first.
                    I've flown the two about the same number of flights now. The B-26 has never had a mishap or needed repair while the P-38 has needed retract replacement and some repair due to one retract not coming down. The 38 has bounced a few landings.

Comment

• Indeed I've had a few landing gear issues with my 38 as well. But the 26 seems so smooth, it's gear should last the life of the plane.

Comment

• Something cool I just saw posted on Facebook, although it was originally from 2015 - a 360-degree view of the inside of the Marauder's cockpit - from the USAF museum in Dayton OH.

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/coc...r/WWII-10.html

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I was looking at the motors on my B26 and the motors have Detrum stamped on them not Tomcat. Are these motors the same with a different name stamped on them?

Comment

• "Detrum" is the house brand for Dynam. Their motors have always had this brand on them as far as all my Dynam products I currently own. Have no idea what "Tomcat" is.

Comment

• Dynam was supposedly switching over from the Detrum label of motors to the better grade Tomcats motors that Motion is now carrying.
                              It appears that has not happened yet because there isn't a 3512-650kV Tomcat motor listed on Motions Motors Collection page of Tomcat motors:
                              Electric Motors for RC Models We carry a wide assortment of electric motors for RC aircraft, RC cars, RC boats, RC tanks, RC trucks, and much more. Variations include brushed, brushless, outrunner, and innrunner in all sizes and power ranges. The motor size and Kv rating are listed in the product titles below (visit ou

It appears that Motion should/needs to update their product page overview for the Marauder and correct the listing of the product so as not to mislead buyers with improper nomenclature.
                              An excerpt from that overview:
                              "Power is provided by two Tomcat 3512-650kV brushless motors for satisfying sport scale performance. The two Skylord 40A ESCs are mounted behind each motor for ideal cooling and the counter-rotating 10.5x8 propellers enhance the scale fidelity of the aircraft."
                              The actual motor listed in the spare parts tab of the Marauder product page is the Detrum:
                              At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I seriously doubt there is any difference between Tomcat or Detrum. Private label product for Motion. Like Lemon receivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                  I seriously doubt there is any difference between Tomcat or Detrum. Private label product for Motion. Like Lemon receivers.
                                  Then your doubts are in serious error. Detrum has never even come close to making those larger motors that Tomcat makes.
                                  Detrum has never even made a motor that is as large as the FMS 4250-580kV.
                                  Look at the bottom of this referenced page of Tomcats that MRC is going to carry. Some rather large monsters there and so they definitely aren't Detrum private re-labels for Motion.
                                  Electric Motors for RC Models We carry a wide assortment of electric motors for RC aircraft, RC cars, RC boats, RC tanks, RC trucks, and much more. Variations include brushed, brushless, outrunner, and innrunner in all sizes and power ranges. The motor size and Kv rating are listed in the product titles below (visit ou

Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• The Bi Fold doors are proving to be difficult to replicate. Making the doors was the easy part. How to make the mechanism and still have clearance for all the ordinance is a whole other problem. The main problem is clearance. Also, I would need the travel to be quite large to make the doors open wide enough to let the bombs out. There isn't much room between the bombs and the bulkhead. Even if I mount the servos on the other side of the bulkhead, I will still have trouble I think with the complexity involved and worry about them jamming. The doors will need a cam system and that is all friction.

Comment

• I would strongly suggest gluing the nacelle to the wing in front as both of mine flexed down too easily, thus twisting the wing. The resulting flex is pretty hard on props too.

David.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                        The Bi Fold doors are proving to be difficult to replicate. Making the doors was the easy part. How to make the mechanism and still have clearance for all the ordinance is a whole other problem. The main problem is clearance. Also, I would need the travel to be quite large to make the doors open wide enough to let the bombs out. There isn't much room between the bombs and the bulkhead. Even if I mount the servos on the other side of the bulkhead, I will still have trouble I think with the complexity involved and worry about them jamming. The doors will need a cam system and that is all friction.
                                        I also found it complex and time consuming. If anyone can do it Adam, it is you!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Then your doubts are in serious error. Detrum has never even come close to making those larger motors that Tomcat makes.
                                          Detrum has never even made a motor that is as large as the FMS 4250-580kV.
                                          Look at the bottom of this referenced page of Tomcats that MRC is going to carry. Some rather large monsters there and so they definitely aren't Detrum private re-labels for Motion.
                                          Tomcat motors are carried by Grayson Hobbies, they were the one who first released the you tube unboxing and flight review of the Dynam B26

http://graysonhobby.com/drone-airpla...ss-motors.html

Comment

Working...
                                          X