Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob has used those before. Too small. The ordinance barely fits through.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
      Bob has used those before. Too small. The ordinance barely fits through.
      Adam is right. My first FMS B-25 had this as a bomb bay set-up. It really is too small - at least for my bombs of choice "Adam Bomb".

Bob

Comment

• It is a video I shot showing the gear up and the landing light out and the gear extended and the landing light on

Comment

•  

Comment

• I will have to copy this, Brent.:)

Bob

Comment

• Good luck Bob. Hope the diagrams and vid helped. Any problems just let me know. One additional thing, you'll need to add a "y" to connect the nose gear retract to the mains.
              Brent

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
                Good luck Bob. Hope the diagrams and vid helped. Any problems just let me know.
                Brent
                Will do, Brent! I am still hoping to get down there on the 16th.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

Will do, Brent! I am still hoping to get down there on the 16th.

Bob
                  It would be great if you could. If the turnout is any where as good as the last event, it should be terrific!

Comment

• Well after many more hours of extra work the JM-1 ( formerly B-26) is finally done. When the temps out here go down about 20 degrees I'll take it out and maiden it. I have never had so many things to correct on a foam plane before. Out of the box this plane was a nightmare with ill fitting panels, cowlings and hatches. Had to replace those drag slick tires, both rudder and elevator servos.
                    ​ I should have trial fit the outer wing panels before paint. The right panel does not fit the center section flush. Its about a 1/16 of an inch off. The cover for the center wing was off a bunch and to correct the problem the front magnet was repositioned to get it flush.
                    I used mineral spirits and absorbent paper towels to take the paint off. I just wet the towel, wipe it on the surface and let it set about 30 seconds then go back over the area and wipe the paint off. It takes it down to white foam. After removing all the paint I wiped the area down with rubbing alcohol (70%). The cleaned surfaces were then primed with Fusion Colormaster white flat primer. Final color was Cadmium Yellow Light Hue in a spray can. Ordered from Dick Blicks Art supply.
                    Prior to the planes arrival I had already decided on the Marine JM-1 so I had Callie Graphics do up a set of decals for me. She is in process of doing up some Curtis Electric prop decals. The JM-1 was used as an airborne target tug.
                    Removed to fuselage gun blisters, top gun turret, rear guns, and the dome just behind the cockpit.
                    Taking down the raised ill fitting seams will leave some fuzzies. They can be removed with some real fine sandpaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike O. View Post
                      Well after many more hours of extra work the JM-1 ( formerly B-26) is finally done.
                      Prior to the planes arrival I had already decided on the Marine JM-1. The only Marine version that I could find was formerly the Navy AT-23B then re-designated to U8 for the Marines
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	JM-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	36.4 KB ID:	96077
                      The JM-1 was used as an airborne target tug. Designated by the Navy as JM-1 to use as a tug
                      Looking forward to some pics :Cool:
                      Oh.......and welcome to the Squawk
                      In case you would like a Navy look. ;)

Click image for larger version  Name:	JM-1a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	35.7 KB ID:	96078
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thought about the JM-2 version but I can see the bloody plane better in yellow. I'm hoping that the quality of the P-61 Dynam is planning to release will be of a better quality than this B-26. I hate swearing at the project being built...................

Comment

• Mike. O, if you haven't done so already, check the flap hinges (many of us found they aren't glued on well) and epoxy the wing mounting pads in the fuselage. More swearing! Its a shame that we have to fix so many things and unfortunately I feel that the P-61 will be exactly the same in these respects. (the pic on the Banggood site shows the same ridiculous race-car tires for example, I guess I need to order more wheels). But all that time correcting these quality issues resulted in a great model that looks great, its solid and flies very well. I'm very pleased with my B-26 and I know that I'm going to really like the Widow. Totally cool and unique models get my motor running.
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                            I have quite a few Dynam planes and enjoy the challenge of fixing their flaws. This one may have me beat. Since I could not get the screws for the vertical stab to connect I glued it in lightly. Now I find that the horizontal stab needs a 1/8th inch shim and can not do it without cutting out the vertical stab glue! To make matters worse, the two push rods to the horizontal do not move each side equally! This I find is due to a flexing on one of the push rods, inside the tail. This plane looks great and makes a wonderful hangar queen! Major surgery on the tail would be needed to fix the flex. Is it worth the effort. Some people report that this is a handful to fly! Do all this work and crash of the maiden!!!!! I will hang it up and look at it over this winter. Any comment are greatly appreciated
                            Frank Arbaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by arbfrank View Post
                              Hi Guys,
                              I have quite a few Dynam planes and enjoy the challenge of fixing their flaws. This one may have me beat. Since I could not get the screws for the vertical stab to connect I glued it in lightly. Now I find that the horizontal stab needs a 1/8th inch shim and can not do it without cutting out the vertical stab glue! To make matters worse, the two push rods to the horizontal do not move each side equally! This I find is due to a flexing on one of the push rods, inside the tail. This plane looks great and makes a wonderful hangar queen! Major surgery on the tail would be needed to fix the flex. Is it worth the effort. Some people report that this is a handful to fly! Do all this work and crash of the maiden!!!!! I will hang it up and look at it over this winter. Any comment are greatly appreciated
                              Frank Arbaugh
                              Welcome to Hobby Squawk Frank, I had a few issues with mine as well but mostly just the common Dynam problems. As for the 1/8" wedge you don't have to have it but it does improve the handling, for the flex I was able to slide (and Foam-Tac) a block of foam between the fuse and control rod tube to keep it from flexing.

She's really a good flying plane with a little work.
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hi Tirediron,
                                I lifted the wing as far as the wiring would allow. I checked that the collar was not slipping but how hard is it to disconnect/re-connect all the wires holding the wing. I could not get it very high when checking the collar. Had all the wires bundled where the battery hatch is. I guess I have to unbundle to get enough slack to rotate the wing to push the support block down the pushrod. Do you think it would be easier to cut a hatch in the tail and mount the support for the pushrod thru it? Hell, I might as well create a bomb bay in the process! This could keep me busy this winter and stop me buying planes to keep busy! I guess every cloud has a silver lining. This is my 36th foam plane!!!!! I am 80 and hope I live long enough to fly them all.
                                Frank Arbaugh

Comment

• Absolutely! Tirediron is totally on point, you can just manually adjust the elevator a couple mils and you should get a similar effect. And gluing the block in place keeping the guides locked down will help alot

Comment

• You go Frank!!! God Bless you. Those wires will come out as a "unit" when you remove the wing. Just unbundle them and pull them out gently. It is a rat's nest to start with!! LOL You will be glad you did.... Many many more happy flights!!!!! Jerry And WELCOME to the Squawk!! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by arbfrank View Post
                                      Hi Tirediron,
                                      I lifted the wing as far as the wiring would allow. I checked that the collar was not slipping but how hard is it to disconnect/re-connect all the wires holding the wing. I could not get it very high when checking the collar. Had all the wires bundled where the battery hatch is. I guess I have to unbundle to get enough slack to rotate the wing to push the support block down the pushrod. Do you think it would be easier to cut a hatch in the tail and mount the support for the pushrod thru it? Hell, I might as well create a bomb bay in the process! This could keep me busy this winter and stop me buying planes to keep busy! I guess every cloud has a silver lining. This is my 36th foam plane!!!!! I am 80 and hope I live long enough to fly them all.
                                      Frank Arbaugh
                                      I un-bundled the wires and put my receiver under the wind to keep all that mess out of the battery bay, much cleaner and no worries of knocking something loose with the battery.
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Mike. O, if you haven't done so already, check the flap hinges (many of us found they aren't glued on well) and epoxy the wing mounting pads in the fuselage. More swearing! Its a shame that we have to fix so many things and unfortunately I feel that the P-61 will be exactly the same in these respects. (the pic on the Banggood site shows the same ridiculous race-car tires for example, I guess I need to order more wheels). But all that time correcting these quality issues resulted in a great model that looks great, its solid and flies very well. I'm very pleased with my B-26 and I know that I'm going to really like the Widow. Totally cool and unique models get my motor running. Thanks themudduck........

Thanks is in order for a friend and master builder here in Tucson for helping to straighten out the myriad of faults with this plane. All the things you mentioned and a few more were corrected. I have the P-38 and the Tigercat and those went together perfectly. I had been out of the R/C stuff for 20 years and in between life changes required some changes in my modeling. Lack of building space for R/C stuff forced me to go electric. I had been a plastic scale modeler in recent years so building and detailing were enjoyable. The plastic stuff is not always perfect either. I got spoiled early with the P-38 and the Tigercat. I have owned the Dynam BF-110 and that had some faults too. Gave that one to a new kid in the group and he flies it like a champ.

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                                          Thanks for the replies, I have hung the B-26 up until winter, will attack problems then, using your suggestions.
                                          Frank Arbaugh

Comment

Working...
                                          X