Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed the damn thing just keeps on rolling

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20170820_224827.jpg Views:	2 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	93581

Here's a pic showing where I'm measuring the balance point. You're looking at the bottom, the nose is towards the right.

There's a "panel line" right at 60mm from the LE of the wing, on the bottom of the wing. That is what I am using for reference.
      The "0" on the ruler is right on the line but the camera angle makes it look like its off.

I have my model balanced just forward of this line, say 55-57mm from the LE.
      Attached Files
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
        Here are the pics showing my changes to the pilots and nose gunner position
        Nice job, Brent! You worked magic with those speedracers!

Bob

Comment

• I am still in the build process on my B-26 hopefully I can get it ready by this coming Sunday I did change out the dragster tires yesterday and it looks so much better with airplane tires. I still haven't decided on a paint scheme yet I might wait to detail it after the maiden flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
            Click image for larger version Name:	20170820_224827.jpg Views:	2 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	93581

Here's a pic showing where I'm measuring the balance point. You're looking at the bottom, the nose is towards the right.

There's a "panel line" right at 60mm from the LE of the wing, on the bottom of the wing. That is what I am using for reference.
            The "0" on the ruler is right on the line but the camera angle makes it look like its off.

I have my model balanced just forward of this line, say 55-57mm from the LE.
            Yes, that line is what I showed in the video intro for the Flight Review. You have a slightly larger tire with the 3.5 nose wheel, 1/4" difference in tire equates to an 1/8" advantage. Sounds like you have it sorted nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Yes, that line is what I showed in the video intro for the Flight Review. You have a slightly larger tire with the 3.5 nose wheel, 1/4" difference in tire equates to an 1/8" advantage. Sounds like you have it sorted nicely.
              That's right, my nose wheel is slightly bigger than stock. I had in mind to try and shorten the main gear a bit by taking out the retracts and working on the mount... but that's a lot of work so I decided the nose wheel would be easier. LOL

Anyway the nose wheel was just an experiment and it seems to be working for me. The stance just looks right.

Rifleman - here's a short video showing a takeoff yesterday from short grass, this is with the balance point at 60. See where my flaps are set. The video is only 1.5 minutes long, my cameraman lost the plane in the viewfinder after I chased after an "enemy aircraft" (a bird). https://www.dropbox.com/s/00wjmznerz...0%233.mp4?dl=0
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20170819_122505.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	93590

So here's my baby on the runway, with the slightly larger nose wheel and the rear hatch that still isn't adjusted at the back end! If you look closely you can see a tiny amount of "up" trim.

Comment

• Indeed that's exactly what I was expecting out of mine today. The speed you had at lift off mine looked just a little faster than that even. I guess I did get the ***** of the bunch :/

Comment

• I did balance it at 55, I'm going to 65 now plus I did change the incidence of the tail putting 3 mm of spacers under it just over the tail gunner position. When my new props come in I'll see what happens I also got the nose wheel off the stock p38 and now at least that part looks decent

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                        I did balance it at 55, I'm going to 65 now plus I did change the incidence of the tail putting 3 mm of spacers under it just over the tail gunner position. When my new props come in I'll see what happens I also got the nose wheel off the stock p38 and now at least that part looks decent
                        Looks good! I like that P38 nose wheel. I know we're still playing with the balance... be careful with the elevator throw and hopefully it will behave enough during the flight for you to do some testing. Mine flew OK at 65 but the elevator was sensitive, snap rolls at full elevator, etc. so that's why I put it back to around 60 or a little less.

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

Nice job, Brent! You worked magic with those speedracers!

Bob
                          Thanks, Bob. Had fun doing it.

Comment

• I have problem with the second screw that holds the tail on. I cannot get the screw to attach to the plastic tail mount. I have put the two screws in without putting the tail on and they both go the hard plastic attachment point and first screw goes through for the tail attachment but second screw does not go in at all. It falls out of the hole when I turn plane right side up. Can I put some glue on the second screw to hold it in place and hopefully it will go into place? I am thinking elmers white glue here.

Thank you,

Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony617 View Post
                              I have problem with the second screw that holds the tail on. I cannot get the screw to attach to the plastic tail mount. I have put the two screws in without putting the tail on and they both go the hard plastic attachment point and first screw goes through for the tail attachment but second screw does not go in at all. It falls out of the hole when I turn plane right side up. Can I put some glue on the second screw to hold it in place and hopefully it will go into place? I am thinking elmers white glue here.

Thank you,

Tony
                              You're missing the hole. ;) I had the same difficulty. Just keeping trying with a magnetized screwdriver with the plane right side up and upside down. You'll find it eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Looks good! I like that P38 nose wheel. I know we're still playing with the balance... be careful with the elevator throw and hopefully it will behave enough during the flight for you to do some testing. Mine flew OK at 65 but the elevator was sensitive, snap rolls at full elevator, etc. so that's why I put it back to around 60 or a little less.
                                I set the throw to 1/2 inch should I drop it to 3/8 or 5/16? Seem like 1/2 is the sweet spot for most people

Comment

I set the throw to 1/2 inch should I drop it to 3/8 or 5/16? Seem like 1/2 is the sweet spot for most people
                                  I have mine at 1/2 inch with exponential as well... and I try not to use it all when flying normally. You will need it for landing, for the flare.

Comment

• Agreed my expo is at 45%

Comment

Agreed my expo is at 45%
                                      I think mine is 35% but I don't have the radio handy. How much expo to use is really up to personal preference, as I am sure you know. Its great if a plane is very sensitive. But use too much and it can cut in suddenly. Of course its easy to adjust on the radio.

For those reading who may not get what we're talking about.... read this: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ntial-settings

Comment

• Ah yes indeed, sofar everything I run is between 35-45 seems to be the happy points for me and my planes. I'm uploading a video of me flying my rmrc mako in middle of the solar eclipse. Wasn't as dramatic as I would have hoped being here in Texas, but all the same it was pretty cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          You're missing the hole. ;) I had the same difficulty. Just keeping trying with a magnetized screwdriver with the plane right side up and upside down. You'll find it eventually.
                                          I tried again yesterday and got the screw into the tail first try. I got the wings on and put the propellers and fired up the motors. Sounds very sweet and is my first twin motor bomber. It sounds real sweet with two propellers spinning up. The only issue is the list numbers on the receiver wires instead of control surfaces. I am using a 7 channel Lemon receiver and so I just assumed "01" was the throttle but when powered up the receiver I found the "03" was the throttle. It made a funny beep from the motors so I looked at the channels on the Detrum receiver in the install guide so I switched the wires and everything works now.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                          X