Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my all time favorite books is 'The Ragged Rugged Warriors" By Martin Caiden.(Still have my original 1963 copy!)
    In the last chapter he describes the B-26's going in at Midway with a torpedo slung from the belly. These guys were shot to Hell and still kept fighting. Tyr to read it without getting a lump in your throat from the bravery and courage displayed by these men. Unbelievable!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Indeed

Comment

• I've been fiddling with the plane a little here and there and this may have been metioned but another thing you may want to check- motor mount screws.
        Mine were not loose but not all that snug either. They're machine screws into blind nuts, which I like, so I pulled them out and added just a touch of blue Loctite.
        There was no slack on the wires so I was afraid to pull on the motors to get to the screws on the back. I'll hope for the best regarding them.
        Just another little thing to check.

Comment

• And another thing, tail weights, I didn't think mine had them but of it does.
          I'm going to leave them in because I did a preliminary CG check and it's balancing nose heavy at about 60 mm (upright & wheels up by the precision fingers) with a 3850 & 4100.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
            And another thing, tail weights, I didn't think mine had them but of it does.
            I'm going to leave them in because I did a preliminary CG check and it's balancing nose heavy at about 60 mm (upright & wheels up by the precision fingers) with a 3850 & 4100.
            Here's the thing, lighter planes just generally fly better. About the only thing a heavy model is good for is flying in wind (and fast). The lighter the plane is, the easier the load is on the motors, hence longer flight times are achieved. Lighter wing loading is easier on the plane as well.

I use the 3600 battery (without the tail weights) and can fly for ten minutes. So anyway that's just my point of view.
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Lighter is better ( the ex-wife didnt get the concept...) but i had to leave one weight in to allow a cg range 60-65mm with my (heavy?) Chinahobbyline 4000 40c. The battery is about 3/4in from the back of the compartment. With two weights in my Roaring top 3700s were so far fwd the cockpit wouldnt fit. My timer at 9 min with plenty of reserve. Still alittle bummed about the retracts acting up in the cold.
              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Yea, I understand lighter, but these are the batteries I have in stock at the moment. My next size down are too small at 2200

Comment

• Most aircraft will carry a LOT more battery weight than the recommended size pack.

Aerobatic performance can suffer rapidly with added weight, especially since you are reducing your power:weight ratio and increasing your minimum airspeed to maintain level flight and thus minimum speed needed for any maneuver.. (its not really "stall speed" because you can cause a stall at any speed) Turn/loop radius need to be larger to prevent stalling.

I commonly stick in 3S 3000 - 4000 mah and 4S 3000-3300 mah packs in planes that call for 3S 2000 mah. While average flight time is greater than the recommended pack size its not proportional to the mah.
                  They carry the weight fine. It greatly improves ability to handle the prevailing gusty wind conditions around here. When the wind calms down, I put in the 3S 2000 packs.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• All good points for each application

Comment

• I am looking at replacing the red and green led with white for landing lights. It is difficult to remove the panel on the wing to access the wiring?

Comment

• Probably not too bad unless you had to reglue yours, mine fell out on takeoff one time causing a crash. They seem to come loose easy anyway..

Comment

• The glue Dynam uses is guaranteed to pull apart.
                          If you work at it carefully you won't even wrinkle the paint.

I have learned to insert toothpicks at alternating angles to tie important joints together (backing up the glue) on these EPO models. You can get the toothpicks back out for disassembly.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Nice I like that idea, simple and secure

Comment

• Now I have a question as I have now decided to replace the retracts with something better (Sorry Dynam but the retracts you make still suck) so you that have replaced the retracts- what did you use as an replacement? part number and place purchased would be nice!!!!
                              Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• I wish I could help you with part numbers, etc, but I can't. Whenever I "retire" a plane, I strip all the parts from it (retracts, servos, motors ....... ). I had a box full of miscellaneous retracts and I just got ones that were the same size with the mounting holes in the same place and modded them to work. I just made sure they weren't Dynam retracts. Have you been flying long enough to collect some old parts? If you have any FMS or Freewing planes, measure the hole spacing (and orientation) for their retracts and if the same, try those.
                                Dynam retracts aren't "bad" as such. They just don't like cold and 1/2 the year, I fly in cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  I wish I could help you with part numbers, etc, but I can't. Whenever I "retire" a plane, I strip all the parts from it (retracts, servos, motors ....... ). I had a box full of miscellaneous retracts and I just got ones that were the same size with the mounting holes in the same place and modded them to work. I just made sure they weren't Dynam retracts. Have you been flying long enough to collect some old parts? If you have any FMS or Freewing planes, measure the hole spacing (and orientation) for their retracts and if the same, try those.
                                  Dynam retracts aren't "bad" as such. They just don't like cold and 1/2 the year, I fly in cold.
                                  Mine have been hit or miss but cold weather they just don't like to be below 45 degrees, I have one that sounds like death will take it at any second.

Comment

• I just used the retracts off of my dead flight line p38. The mains were direct drop in. But the nose gear, I had to take the mounting plate off the dynam nose gear, epoxy it to the top of the flight line/freewing, then carefully drill holes to use the dynam screws to reinforce the bond. Finally had to cut the original bottom mount tabs off. Everything now fits and works perfectly.

Comment

• Bearcat....check my post #1198, im still undecided on spending $90 bucks on the eflights. The nose gear from the eflight 1200mm trojan(EFLg1590n) might be a drop in at least as far as the screw pattern. The mains are EFLg1590m. I believe the eflight gear works opposite the dynam so you have to use all eflight or use a servo reverser to get them going up/down at the same time.
                                      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                                        I believe the eflight gear works opposite the dynam so you have to use all eflight or use a servo reverser to get them going up/down at the same time.
                                        Or put the nose gear on another channel, reverse it and mix with the channel the mains are on.

TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                                          Bearcat....check my post #1198, im still undecided on spending $90 bucks on the eflights. The nose gear from the eflight 1200mm trojan(EFLg1590n) might be a drop in at least as far as the screw pattern. The mains are EFLg1590m. I believe the eflight gear works opposite the dynam so you have to use all eflight or use a servo reverser to get them going up/down at the same time.
                                          CFIT Rob - I was just waiting for one of your EX Wife punch lines "The nose gear from the eflight 1200mm trojan(EFLg1590n) might be a drop in at least as far as the screw pattern , something my ex-wife could not get right" LoL.. sorry man but I think I gave you a new line. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X