Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I did that. I’ll be standing by.

Comment

Maiden Report...

Maidened my Dora yesterday, late afternoon, before my club meeting at our field. I've installed a stabilized 7-channel Lemon. Each aileron has its own channel, so that I can individually set subtrims, and I had channels to spare. Running separate-channel ailerons, though, the Lemon stabilizer will only stabilize the right aileron (and the elevator). I had toned the ailerons and elevator down in the TX (DX9) to about 75% Aileron and 80% elevator, 30% expo on both. Had a GensAce 4S-1550mah-25C batt loaded. The winds were 10-ish, and gusty, and coming from our backs. I had my buddy hand launch it for me. He tossed it directly into the wind, which wasn't right down the runway; so, I had to make a quick turn. The launch was easy. I had to trim out quite a bit of climb and little roll, but after a couple passes, I had her trimmed in a purring. Even with the Ailerons and Elevator rates at 75% and 80%, respectively. The Dora was crazy responsive. For later flights, I drive the ailerons down to 50% and the elevator down to 70%. At these settings, her roll and pitch rates were still WAAAAY more than scale, but she flew fine as a hotliner. I'm going to try to mechanically reduce her throws, for better controlability and resolution with the TX (I hate having to reduce the rates that much with the radio).

I really like the Dora! She flew amazingly well and was a ton of fun!! At WOT, she flew like a hotliner and I could really crank her through turns and loops/Immelmanns. Beware of the elevator throw because she will snap out of a tight loop (accelerated stall). I purposefully cranked to hard on one to verify that she snap, and she did. Easily recovered though. She only snapped that one time and I was making some tight bank-n-yank turns (she has no rudder afterall... LOL) and she never snapped when I didn't want her to. Fantastic little airplane. If anyone is on the fence about getting one...get one, you won't be sorry!

I made two other flights yesterday and had a blast. With the 4S-1550, and mixed throttle flying, I landed at 5 minutes and was at 3.8v/cell. On another flight, I went to about 7.5 minutes and landed with 3.7v/cell. With slow, easy flying (which I wasn't doing), I could easily get 9 or 10 minutes, I think, with this battery.

Here's a lightly edited video of my Dora. Use a dorkcam on my cap, so a good bit of the flight is dust-dotty. I did cut out the middle of the flight because another plane took off and I had to fly more of a circuit pattern.

---
      Warbirder

Comment

Hello together, Me and my RottenKammerad fly the Dora together in a two ship formation and we are both excited. A great little always in the car plane. Too bad that the decals were already attached, which makes the work more difficult in an individualization. Also, I do not understand why in an aircraft which can be flown with different sized and heavy batteries, the battery pack is installed decentralized in the Fuselage . this was changed by us before the first flight.

Comment

Decals, second Dora, and some spare parts ordered.

Comment

Some progress pics of Dora #2. I decided at the last minute that wasn’t going to make Dortenmann’s A/C. Mostly because I don’t want to mess with paint lifting with masking tape. Hopefully Callie’s markings will be here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dora Nine View Post
              Some progress pics of Dora #2. I decided at the last minute that wasn’t going to make Dortenmann’s A/C. Mostly because I don’t want to mess with paint lifting with masking tape. Hopefully Callie’s markings will be here soon.
              Very nice!!! I have a Meister Scale FW-190D9 in 1/4 scale! It weighs 40 lbs and has a Zenoah 80 cc twin... 101? 104 inch wing... It is a beast but nothing flies like a Wulf!! :Cool::Cool: Love the paint!!! The Germans won the "cool paint job" war for sure...

Comment

Nice progress, Dora Nine!

We took out our Doras earlier this week for some fun. There was a question posed earlier about launch angle. Here's a picture showing that even with an underhand toss and an abnormally steep launch angle, this bird is still easy to control.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04657.JPG
Views:	1215
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	204389Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04784.JPG
Views:	1230
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	204390

Cruising through the skies then diving in on prey

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04823.JPG
Views:	1291
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	204387Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04809.JPG
Views:	1242
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	204388

Attached Files
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Mine is ready to go... added some pannel lines and a little wheatering... reduced controls travels to 80 percent and add 20per cent expo... just a question is the recomended center or gravity the right spots...tx for granted mates...
                  Manolo.

Comment

Alright, here you go. Dora #2 ready to go fly. We’ll see how the weather holds up around here.

Comment

hey elb1 , question what brand and type of paint did you use on the foam? I don't want to use the wrong stuff . thx

Comment

toss n boss zero should be the next one...…..

Comment

I agree, that would be fun.

Comment

What kind of glue is best for skid plate on flute line dora

Comment

Hi I'm new, just ordered an Fw-190 and can't wait to fly it, just something nagging on my mind, it has a 30a esc and it's said you can run 4s 2200 batteries, my boggle is, won't a 4s burn out the esc as I've crash a Spitfire because I burnt out the 40A esc, I'm not worried as I have a 60a esc and as3x ready to go in and I will run 4s 2200 45c batts
                              When are you doing a Spitfire hint hint hehehe
                              Thank you in advance for any help
                              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paultaizi View Post
                                Hi I'm new, just ordered an Fw-190 and can't wait to fly it, just something nagging on my mind, it has a 30a esc and it's said you can run 4s 2200 batteries, my boggle is, won't a 4s burn out the esc as I've crash a Spitfire because I burnt out the 40A esc, I'm not worried as I have a 60a esc and as3x ready to go in and I will run 4s 2200 45c batts
                                When are you doing a Spitfire hint hint hehehe
                                Thank you in advance for any help
                                Paul
                                Hey Paultaizi, welcome to HobbySquawk! The ESC is fine on 4s, been flying both the Mustang and Dora for over 50 flights each at this point with no issue on a 2200 4s. Just released a new video with a Tandem flight on both and they are so much fun

Comment

Thank you for that, I'm doing the maiden today and the weather is good so I'll let you know how it goes, the plane is awesome by the way, really impressed with the build quality, I've added a couple of details like the swirl on the spinner etc, it's a beautiful plane guys

Comment

Just got back from an amazing afternoon of flying and maidening the Dora, what a great plane!!, I was flying without a gyro on 2200 4s and 2200 3s and it flew really solid and incredibly agile even on 50% rates, I had a couple of crashes due to browning out (military bases near by) and the only damage sustained was slight crumpling and broke the prop on the second crash but other than that no real damage, its a real tough little plane, great job with these fun fighters guys they truly rock, Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0760.JPG
Views:	1102
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	208038Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0761.JPG
Views:	1086
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	208039

Comment

Originally posted by Paultaizi View Post
                                      Just got back from an amazing afternoon of flying and maidening the Dora, what a great plane!!, I was flying without a gyro on 2200 4s and 2200 3s and it flew really solid and incredibly agile even on 50% rates, I had a couple of crashes due to browning out (military bases near by) and the only damage sustained was slight crumpling and broke the prop on the second crash but other than that no real damage, its a real tough little plane, great job with these fun fighters guys they truly rock, Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0760.JPG
Views:	1102
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	208038Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0761.JPG
Views:	1086
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	208039
                                      Try adding an external bec to your plane. Motion carrys them.

Comment

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ations-10a-bec This will fix you up!!!! Glad you are having fun!!! Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

Try adding an external bec to your plane. Motion carrys them.
                                          Thanks, I'll give it a try

Comment

Working...
                                          X