Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love d-9's, if made in 1.4-1.7 size i'd own several and buy as gifts for my son as well. this size I have 2x rs combat fw190d9's and 1x Corsair (use Kevlar instead of glass cloth) that use a cat to takeoff left over from 704 combat (20 years ago) now converted to electric. on the other end of the spectrum the pz alby and me109g together get 20 flights a year. I applaud your making a fw190 a or d! wanted to let you know why I'm not buying, and that I would buy a larger size.

Joe
    Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Just curious, why in the videos are you putting a gyro in this little yank-n-bank Dora???

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Aviatorcl44d View Post
        Just curious, why in the videos are you putting a gyro in this little yank-n-bank Dora???

Richard
        My gut feeling is that the little Dora would fly fine without a gyro. However, with that said, small planes get bumped around quite a bit by the wind. Gyros make smaller planes feel like much larger planes. I'll probably put a 3-axis-stabilized RX in my Dora, and can make the decision of whether or not I activate the gyro each flight, depending on the wind conditions.
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

Great job on releasing a Dora! :)

I am one who would instantly buy a 1600mm FW190 D-9. I no longer do small belly landers. But I see their appeal.

When Flighline released the Ta-152 in 1300mm I was so bummed it was not a FW190 D-9 Dora. I could not understand why they picked that one? I know they also make a fantastic 1200mm FW190. Which I have and love! I guess can see why a Dora might be too similar. I have been following the RCGroups warbird thread for quite a while and I noticed significantly more interest in seeing a Dora produced over a Ta-152. Or even a Do335. Now that would be awesome!

I am still hoping for a 1600mm BF109 or a Hellcat too!

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post
            Great job on releasing a Dora! :)

I am one who would instantly buy a 1600mm FW190 D-9. I no longer do small belly landers. But I see their appeal.

When Flighline released the Ta-152 in 1300mm I was so bummed it was not a FW190 D-9 Dora. I could not understand why they picked that one? I know they also make a fantastic 1200mm FW190. Which I have and love! I guess can see why a Dora might be too similar. I have been following the RCGroups warbird thread for quite a while and I noticed significantly more interest in seeing a Dora produced over a Ta-152. Or even a Do335. Now that would be awesome!

I am still hoping for a 1600mm BF109 or a Hellcat too!
            I'm with you on the Ta-152. I bought a Ta-152 and enjoy flying it, but I'd have MUCH perferred to have had a Dora in 1/10 scale, rather than a Ta-152.
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

Whooo, hooo! Just got the email that my Dora is enroute to my house.
              Unfortunately, I'll be on a business trip all next week. :Angry:
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

Awesome Oxotnik! Yes the Dora has arrived in the warehouse. Pre-orders are shipping asap!

Comment

Waiting also my D9... just a question what pilot bust is ok for it..?..
                  Regards buddies.
                  Manolo.

Comment

Got one on order, can’t wait!

When I first got the email to “check out the new flightline fw-190” I was really really hoping for a 1600mm version. Maybe one day we’ll see one, or atleast a 109 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx121 View Post
                      Got one on order, can’t wait!

When I first got the email to “check out the new flightline fw-190” I was really really hoping for a 1600mm version. Maybe one day we’ll see one, or atleast a 109 😎
                      Welcome to the crowd. A 1.6m FW-190D-9 would be fantastic.
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fockewulf-fw-190-7.jpg
Views:	1641
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	197545

Having said everything about the Dora and the Ta 152, the next one will be the FlightLine 1600mm FW190 in this livery! Not spreading any false rumours, but this is the dream....

Comment

Well, the little D-9 is together and programmed. All it lacks is the pilot installation. I am using the FMS 013 pilot bust. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...lot-figure-013 Nice little bird. Have to find the scale swastika graphics for the tail of the bird. The factory can't ship it that way since it goes to the EU and Germany in particular... And it is just not PC. But history happened, and that is what livery she wore during WWII. ;)

Comment

:Cool:Bring on the next one! Nice little bird!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0C221A01-425B-4B22-A7BF-0721C41BEDF0.jpeg
Views:	1638
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	197716
                              Received my Dora today, too. I was worried because the packing box and shipping box had a sizable puncture.Luckily, the plane wasn’t damaged. Got lucky!!

I’m heading out town on business tomorrow morning; so, I, unfortunately, won’t get to play with my new toy until next week sometime.
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

Just like the 850mm Mustang, the FW-190 Dora is a blast to fly. Even on 3cells this planes rips up the sky. Its crazy on 4cell. I love to toss these planes in the car and stop by the local soccer fields before work and get a few flights in. Today I flew it on 3cell with the timer set to 5 minutes, when I landed I still had 50% on the battery so I reset the timer and went again and when I landed the second time I still had 14% on the battery.
                                Video here: https://www.facebook.com/tim.kwasny....6766521060329/

Comment

Bigger flies better is a myth. This FlightLine FW-190D9 is awesome! Great job MotionRC!

Comment

Thanks for posting your flight reports and videos, guys! As you experienced, the ten minute claim is verified. I usually fly mine for eight minutes or so but it's nice knowing I have a reserve.

Racing them with friends is even more fun and worth the higher consumption and shorter flight time.

I really believe in the appeal of these Toss and Boss planes for the reasons you stated. Long flight time, power options, easy to transport. They're also a refreshing change from the complexities of operating big jets sometimes. I hope more people try these Toss and Boss birds so we can keep making more in the Series.
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I love my bigger war birds and I would never give them up, but these little ones are a blast to fly and are easy on the pocket book. They remind me of the old GWS planes, just with better all around quality and performance. My biggest hurdle has always been having enough free time to get out to the club field on a regular basis, so these smaller planes that I can toss in the trunk and fly on my way to or from work get a lot more flight time than any of my other planes. Keep them coming Alpha, I would love to get a Polikarpov I-16 in this size as well as the more traditional models. And some additional 64mm jets would be nice too.

Comment

I'm mostly into the larger warbirds. When I plan a trip to my field, I plan which large planes that I plan to take, then I fill the spaces with 1.1m and below planes. With that said, I really enjoy breaking up the more complex big plane flights with a fun V900 or 64mm MiG or other hand-toss plane. I'm sure that the Dora will be in this category, too, after the newness has worn off. I still want a 1.6m Dora. I spent today at the USAF Museum in Dayton and want a nice-sized Dora more than ever.
                                        ---
                                        Warbirder

Comment

Speaking of the Dayton USAF Museum and the Lang Nasen Dora..
                                          . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7643.jpg
Views:	1499
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	198703
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X