Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Dynam 1500mm B-26 Marauder Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Freaking way!! $60??!!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• $60... Thief lol

Comment

• I'd honestly rather have an A-26 than a B-26. The A-26 has more of a hotrod feel to it. I'd also really like an A-20 Havoc. But you know what? I'm grateful for any 'uncommon' twin-engine medium bomber. I'm stoked for the B-26 too.

I just hope someone does an A-26 soon. Phoenix (or is it SeaGull?) has one coming out soon but it's big and doesn't look very good. I'd love one of the VQs but they're tough to find anymore.

Comment

• Here is a noteworthy website in preparation for the coming model. What is interesting was how many guys got shot down. Marauder flying was no picnic.
          B26.COM is dedicated to Martin B-26 Marauder Men who fought in World War 2. Photos of crews and planes, personal accounts, and related information.
          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• I have been getting bored with the current warbird offerings.... until now!!! I already have a B-25 that will be mine!! Now one of my all time f ave twin engine bombers is coming to life!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! now if an A-26 would come next....
            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Hey Alpha. I asked this before but you did not comment.

Is there any chance Dynam will be upgrading their current offerings with the new retracts, LEDs, and props? The F4U and P-47 could sure also use a scale 4 blade prop. But larger. Say 13 inch. And the current 3 blade could use a makeover for a more scale look. Dynam would sell a ton of these on the aftermarket.

Comment

• More info and pics.
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Wow.... Dynam jumping the gun here ? And at $999.00? a bargain ! Lol

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• That price is "Fake News" LOL
                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                      Wow.... Dynam jumping the gun here ? And at $999.00? a bargain ! Lol
                      They musta saw your pricing remark LOL no price is now shown
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

They musta saw you pricing remark LOL no price is now shown
                        Go to the store that will sell it and it shows ............................. $999.00.

At least it's free shipping. ;) So, it's out, is it?

Comment

• I think this is Dynam's way of showing
                          " coming soon" Trying to get that chill up our leg.
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

I think this is Dynam's way of showing
                            " coming soon" Trying to get that chill up our leg.
                            I get that now with my sciatica - freezing cold numb leg after I stand up. :Cold: Will have to wait to see what the real price is to know if it'll chill the other leg.

Comment

• I want to go with scale bay doors. This thing needs to get here so I can flatter someone by copying the design. 3d printer work for something like that. FYI the fine print on the dynam site says "free shipping" means a dynam representative will fly with it (coach of course) as carry on baggage then uber it to your house....explains the $999...seems cheap for what you get...pretty sure thats what I read.
                              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Alpha posted the information below over on RCG a few days ago but not here, I thought there was some good information and pictures so I'm copying and pasting it here.

To the person asking about the main gear struts, the entire strut from the retract to the axle is one single piece of steel rod, which is then sheathed in the two piece plastic cosmetic struts seen in the photos. At no part is plastic alone bearing the strain. Although, given the model's four flaps, big wheels, and light wingloading, landing is a non-event anyway.

For those of us thinking about a bomb bay mod, attached is a photo I took of the fuselage half. The angled area to the left of the photo is the battery area. The center section is hollow. There's room for two of the Adam Bombs that I really like, and with minimal mods the area can be opened up a little further without compromising strength. To facilitate a hinge installation, the panel line where the real door's folding hinge is located is machined flat relative to the horizon, so a fold-out hinge would be easy to cut from the outside and install from the inside. In a simpler configuration, although not scale, a single hinge door could be installed very simply. There's space in the thick forward bulkhead for an actuating servo.

The wing is made of three parts: A center section housing the two engine nacelles, and the left and right outboard wings. The center section bolts onto the fuselage with four screws, and is covered with a magnetic cover. The model will arrive with the center section already bolted on, meaning all the user needs to do to complete assembly of the aircraft is screw on the outer wing panels, horizontal stab, and vertical stab. The retracts, ESCs, and their associated wiring is contained within the single fuselage, making transport and assembly very easy. The idea is that the only part users will need to glue is the plastic nose. That is being left off due to box size limitations, but also because I hope people will paint and detail that area before gluing the nose on. It's such a prominent part of the aircraft being, well, the front of it.

Straightforward, cost effective, no bad surprises, good personalization potential. That's our goal with Dynam.

We'll have official info, final production photos (everything posted so far was hand painted), price, ETA, etc, at the end of the month. I'll post more information then, but for now I need to get back to work making toys for you boys. Until then, visit www.B26.com. Great stuff over there, run by great people who have an unmatched passion for this aircraft.

Dkalwishky, as with most Dynam birds, the decals are all left unapplied, in anticipation of customization. I'm working with Callie for decal sets, also. By the time the aircraft arrive she'll have a range of options beyond the factory's offerings.

Attached is a photo of the main wheel. We opened a new mold for the wheels to get very close to match the scale main's peculiar design. The nose wheel is the same one (lower cost and better grass handling than a narrower scale wheel). A Robart spoked wheel might do the trick nicely for the nose to increase scale fidelity.

I may have mentioned this before, but the dorsal turret rotates. Easy enough to turn by hand for display, but tight enough that it doesn't move around during flight. It will require work to actuate the turret with a servo, though. Another task for the intrepid modeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                                  I want to go with scale bay doors. This thing needs to get here so I can flatter someone by copying the design. 3d printer work for something like that. FYI the fine print on the dynam site says "free shipping" means a dynam representative will fly with it (coach of course) as carry on baggage then uber it to your house....explains the $999...seems cheap for what you get...pretty sure thats what I read.
                                  Funny. Bob Violet actually does this. When you buy one of his $10K BVM's he sends a representative to your house to set it up and maiden. One of his reps is the guy who founded Oakley sunglasses. Sold it to Luxottica for a boat load of millions. Loves turbines.

Comment

• I see that even Banggood is getting in on the B-26 fun. Already posting product description and pricing:

Comment

I see that even Banggood is getting in on the B-26 fun. Already posting product description and pricing:

At $200.00US (and free shipping), they have my attention. (I just got that chill up my other leg. :bluelove )

Comment

• LMAO vipe! I just wish it was the A-26

Comment

LMAO vipe! I just wish it was the A-26
                                          For me, I can't really tell the difference. However, when I put a little minion and snoopy in the cockpit, nobody will care anyway. They'll just think I desecrated it. Yeah, I'm weird. :Silly:

Comment

Working...
                                          X