First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Thread: 1/14 Scale Huina C336D Die-Cast Excavator

Huina C336D Die-Cast Excavator !

Summary Video:

Huina produces some of the most advanced electrically-articulated Hobby-Grade RC Construction vehicles that are Ready To Run (RTR)! This 1580 Excavator V4 is the latest version for 2020, packed with many exciting new features! Weighing 12.5 pounds of almost entirely die-cast zinc alloy metal, this digger features sound, lights, "exhaust effect", 360 degree rotation, metal tracks, hall-effect sensors, and three different accessories. Scoop with the all-metal bucket, grab with the all-metal claw, and bash with the motorized jack-hammer! Durable elevation gears and motorized lead screws are made of steel to withstand the rigors of digging. In fact, this excavator can support its entire weight on only its outer arm! Expand your RC job site with Huina's dump truck, loader, and other RC Construction vehicles.
    Ready to Run (RTR) Convenience

Zero assembly is required, simply add 4 AA batteries to the radio and charge the included main battery to begin digging!
    Die-Cast Heavyweight!

12.5lbs of zinc alloy die-cast primary assemblies make this the heaviest excavator in the 1/14 scale market! Its heavy weight provides excellent stability so it can dig more deeply on a wider variety of terrain.
    Upgraded for 2020

This upgraded “Version 4” features all-new hall-effect sensors in the boom, arm, and bucket, negating the need for external limit switches. This system is also controlled by an upgraded MFCB (“Multi-Function Control Board”) with convenient plug-in connections for easier servicing, replacement, and upgrading.
    Metal Tracks and Independent Drive System

Twin 380 Motors power the Independent Direct Drive system, riding on full-metal tracks that power through outdoor terrain on your RC work site. Control both track systems independently for 360 degree turns, pivoting turns, and forward and reverse.
    Powerful and Precise

Master the coordinated movements of a real excavator, powered by direct drive motors and steel worm-gear actuators! The Huina C336D Excavator’s steel gears and bearings provide excellent wear resistance to keep you in control. The main boom rotates smoothly on shielded bearings.
    Detailed and Fully Featured

Finely die-cast assemblies and detailed surfaces, functioning LED lights and realistic sounds deliver a satisfying realistic experience as both a desktop display and a functioning RC vehicle. Own the best of both worlds!
    Exhaust Effect

The “exhaust effect” further adds to the excavator’s realism, and can be turned on and off directly from the radio controller.
    Reliable Control

Control all functions from the included 2.4ghz radio from up to 100 feet away. All functions are pre-programmed and ready to use. Just add four AA batteries.
    Easy to Service

Screw-Together construction simplifies disassembly for custom painting, modifications, or upgrading. As a hobby-grade RC Construction vehicle, all major electronic components use micro-plugs for easy removal.
    Dependable

Operate Huina’s upgraded edition of their most complex RC Construction vehicle with confidence, backed by a full range of spare parts and service from Motion RC!
    FEATURES:
    • 12.5 pounds, almost entirely die-cast external parts
    • Fully independent drive system on metal caterpillar tracks
    • 360 degree upper hull rotation
    • Steel gear driven boom
    • Electric linear actuator driven stick and bucket
    • Fully proportional precise control inputs for all movements
    • Hall-effect sensors for over limit protection
    • Sound system
    • "Exhaust Effect" (requires glycerin oil)
    • LED lighting
    • Detailed cockpit with clear window panels
    • Metal bucket, metal claw, and motorized jackhammer accessories included in the box
    INCLUDES:
    • Huina C336D Die-Cast 1/14 Scale Excavator - RTR
    • 2.4GHz radio transmitter
    • 2S 7.4V 1500mAh Li-ion battery with T-connector
    • USB charger
    • Complete instruction manual
    REQUIRES:
    • 4x AA batteries for 2.4GHz radio transmitter
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

I've been having so much fun with my Huina machines over the past couple years. Especially now that the new updated versions are ready and what we'll be carrying, the time was right to bring them home into Motion RC's portfolio. We've been impressed with their production facilities and team, and I think their product range is ideal for hobbyists wanting to get in the dirt without worrying about frequent breakdowns or poor design.

Huina is well known for producing a wide range of Construction vehicles for years, from smaller toy-grade RC in 1/25 and 1/14 scale, up to these larger hobby-grade 1/14 scale machines. The hobby-grade series, including this excavator, have more metal content in them, newer batteries, better radios, and better all around level of quality. In fact this excavator is considered the "best of the best" from Huina. I've bashed mine through countless tests and it keeps on ticking!

Stay tuned for more updates, ask questions, etc. The most important element to note is that this excavator being sold at Motion RC is the newest version for 2020. This is what others may call a v4.5 or v5. New internal upgrades include better limit sensors, better steel gears inside the actuators, tweaks to the MFCB, easier overall to service and replace components if/as needed, etc.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC04478.JPG Views:	0 Size:	141.1 KB ID:	223990

We'll be rolling out more information as time goes by, but for starters, here's a peak inside this endlessly durable digger:

Metal geared linear actuators have taken huge punishment and kept on ticking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00806.JPG
Views:	4401
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	223991

Metal boom elevation gear takes the brunt of the load. Note the concealed internal limit sensor!

Name:	DSC00812.JPG
Views:	4498
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	223992

A better look at the boom's two internal hall effect sensors. These sensors sense proximity to the stick (the outer arm) and automatically cut off the actuator's motor to prevent binding. This is quite a neat feature in this high-end version of the Huina excavator. Most other excavators use external momentary switches with rubber hats, that require the boom and stick to physically touch each other before the switch stops the actuator's motor. While those other excavator's use that simple solution, that method is less robust than the "touch-less" hall effect sensors used in the excavator shown below. The hall effect sensors are not prone to physical damage since there aren't any moving parts and physical contact is not required. Additionally, the absence of an externally mounted switch hat allows these areas to be fully sealed, which reduces the risk of dirt entering the internals.

Name:	DSC00810.JPG
Views:	4961
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	223993

Comment

This excavator is really well built. The amount of metal in it is really staggering when you pick it up for the first, or 20th time and are reminded about just how heavy it is. I have let my 50lb child ride around on it, not so much as a click, pop or complaint from the crawler tracks, in fact it barely slowed down. It will pick up and move around a 3lb barbell with ease. I have the older version with physical limit switches which while not bad can sometimes get stuck so it is nice to see that Motion will be selling an upgraded version with non contact limit switches which should be a big improvement. All this and at a lower price than I was able to get mine a few months ago means this is a real steal if you are looking to get into rc construction equipment. The next step up in price is about 2k USD so this is a great place to start and see if you are really that in to it. I should add that if you are getting this for a child you should consider how responsible they are. I say that not because they can hurt the excavator....it has proven to be almost indestructible, but it is heavy and strong enough to actually do damage in the living room! In an act of shameless self promotion I will include a link to a set of stickers that I sell which perfectly provides the finishing touch for this excavator and makes it look so much like the full sized counterpart. I can definitely recommend this model with 2 thumbs up!

Great deals on Hobby RC Industrial & Service Vehicle Models & Kits. Expand your options of fun home activities with the largest online selection at eBay.com. Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Comment

Oh boy, this is a must have, it will be like being a kid all over again.

Comment

I'm getting this the second it comes out.

Is the track speed proportional?

Comment

Originally posted by Too Many Hobbies View Post
            I'm getting this the second it comes out.

Is the track speed proportional?
            At least on mine(about 1 year old so it could be different) it is not, just on and off. the tracks are controlled by the 4 buttons on top of the remote, one fro forward and back on each of the two treads. Actually driving it is easier than it sounds and after a few minutes you get the hang of it pretty well. It is no speed demon but rather moves quite scale like and it will literally crawl over anything! The tracks have so much power it is amazing.

Comment

Lol...not looking for a speed demon....not what construction equipment is about, right?

Thanks for the scoop...pardon the pun.

Comment

You bet, and agreed, it should not be fast!

Comment

I just measured mine (the latest version that we will be carrying) and the track speed is about one foot per second, or 19 miles per hour.

Because the two tracks' speed is started/stopped by pressing/releasing two corresponding buttons, the speed is not proportional. It would need to be on a sliding stick to be proportional, but all four sticks on the radio controller are already in use for the primary proportional movements: House rotate left, house rotate right, boom up/down, stick in/out, bucket in/out.

I agree it's impressive how sturdy the chassis is. I haven't worked up the nerve to put my own 200+ pounds on it yet, but the guys at the Huina factory were more than happy to demonstrate standing on the excavator while driving it around on concrete.

Comment

Alpha, I gotta check your math on that one. It is more like .6mph not 19.....🧐

Comment

Unless Alpha is talking scale MPH....otherwise it's close to Traxxas fast....lol

Anyway...the excavator is mostly stationary while the arm does all the work....so not a huge issue.

Beats spending $3000 on the JDM custom one.

Comment

Stoked that you will be carrying this line as there is no real dealer in the USA. Looking at the loader. I already own the V4 Excavator. A couple of typos in your Excavator description . TX houses 3 AA's , not 4. Battery is a 2000 MAH ( not 1500 ) Li-ion with an XT30 not t connector.

Comment

Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post
                          Stoked that you will be carrying this line as there is no real dealer in the USA. Looking at the loader. I already own the V4 Excavator. A couple of typos in your Excavator description . TX houses 3 AA's , not 4. Battery is a 2000 MAH ( not 1500 ) Li-ion with an XT30 not t connector.
                          I thought the V4 was new for 2020 and not available yet?

I've seen other US dealers, but their prices were much worse and they claim 3 weeks shipping delay. They claim it's in stock, but are just trying to lock in your money until they get the shipment. MRC has the best deal and worth waiting.

I really hope this line of vehicles becomes a trend resulting in a decent treaded bulldozer or treaded front loader. The Wheeled front loader really struggles. The bucket and arms have tons of torque, but the wheels spin or bog down way too quick.

Some front loader traction mods were to reduce the radius of the plastic splines on the wheel and replace with foam, and another has carved the sidewall tread across the center of the tire which claims helped with traction.

Comment

If huina could come out with a bulldozer with metal treads for less than 750 it would be a no brainier. It has been rumored for a while but nothing concrete yet. As well as the other models appear to have sold I can only hope that they are working on one right now!

Comment

I can only assume these things are selling well....and with the mess the FAA is making of RC planes as a hobby, I see ground vehicles becoming a more popular option as a hobby.

There definitely needs to fill the gap between $20 toy and $3,000 hobby grade. Huina is all alone forging this path. And I am happy they are doing it!

Comment

I can only assume these things are selling well....and with the mess the FAA is making of RC planes as a hobby, I see ground vehicles becoming a more popular option as a hobby.

There definitely needs to fill the gap between $20 toy and $3,000 hobby grade. Huina is all alone forging this path. And I am happy they are doing it!
                                I agree with every bit of that post!

Comment

C'mon MRC...Get that ship in!!!! 😁

Comment

I thought the V4 was new for 2020 and not available yet?

I've seen other US dealers, but their prices were much worse and they claim 3 weeks shipping delay. They claim it's in stock, but are just trying to lock in your money until they get the shipment. MRC has the best deal and worth waiting.

I really hope this line of vehicles becomes a trend resulting in a decent treaded bulldozer or treaded front loader. The Wheeled front loader really struggles. The bucket and arms have tons of torque, but the wheels spin or bog down way too quick.

Some front loader traction mods were to reduce the radius of the plastic splines on the wheel and replace with foam, and another has carved the sidewall tread across the center of the tire which claims helped with traction.
                                    I purchased mine on Ebay from a US seller ( great experience , this seller is top notch ) @ 499 prior to this announcement . Got it in 2 days. Thanks for the heads up on the loader( Which I really want ) .

Comment

Oh cool!

The loader is OK in the soft stuff. If only the wheels had the torque the bucket and arms do! But it's the best you're going to get without spending $2,500.

Comment

Been looking at videos of the V4 in action...but came across this video pointing out some issues and bad CS from Huina. Should I be concerned about what I'm seeing here? I really want this excavator, but now hesitant. How much does Motion assume warranty of the gear breaks?

Hi everyone, well this is a little different one for me here, but its time to tell Huina to start dialing in some customer service, and feedback. I have a Re...

Comment

Working...
                                        X