Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes, that fella did have some bad luck. I have been fortunate not to have any similar problems. Seem like the answers he got were pretty weak. I can attest that I have had a 60lb kid ride mine. I probably won't do that again now!

Comment

Exactly! I just can't figure out if he got a bad run of luck. I mean, he was the only one to post a negative video. It's like anything you buy on Amazon...an item can get 2,000 good reviews but there's always a small percentage that got a lemon.

I'm afraid to roll the dice for $500 though. But Motion seems committed to supporting spare parts...so there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Too Many Hobbies View Post
        Exactly! I just can't figure out if he got a bad run of luck. I mean, he was the only one to post a negative video. It's like anything you buy on Amazon...an item can get 2,000 good reviews but there's always a small percentage that got a lemon.

I'm afraid to roll the dice for $500 though. But Motion seems committed to supporting spare parts...so there's that.
        I think you will be just fine. There has to be thousands of these out in the world by now!

Comment

We thought you may be interested in Volvo RC Hydraulic Excavator too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfM0I4dN1RM&t=4s

Comment

Double E Hobby I assume this new model is a conversion of the original plastic excavator? Have you added weight to the excavator itself? My Volvo was rather lightweight, and the tracks where rubber, not metal.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              Double E Hobby I assume this new model is a conversion of the original plastic excavator? Have you added weight to the excavator itself? My Volvo was rather lightweight, and the tracks where rubber, not metal.
              This is fully metal, hydraulic hobby grade unit. Weight over 10kg.

Comment

Just got in my new attachments and they are sweet!! All of them work on my V3 except the V4 bucket needs mods so it will work with my new automatic attachment bucket changer. I have set the bolts on all my buckets and ripper so I can use the aux channel to unhook and hookup buckets. It’s so awesome!!! Best use of the aux channel that comes on this excavator that I’ve seen so far. The jackhammer was very disappointing but this bucket changer is a game changer! My V3 bucket is quite small in comparison to the V4. But the yellow larger bucket is still a bit bigger then the V4 and it has a very aggressive bite with those teeth. The largest yellow bucket will be for very loose soil and snow. I used the ripper on some maiden ground that I haven’t touched this year and loosened it up then went at it with my new bucket and the V3 handled it all very well. My dump truck loading went way faster with this larger capacity bucket. Very pleased. I do want to add this V4 excavator when it comes in and that way I can have a dedicated digger and a dedicated logger. Plus when making repairs it would be nice to have a backup unit while waiting for parts. I hate downtime!
                Happy digging!

Comment

Working...
                X